Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

How to Sign Up for Ultimate Driving Event

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 04:07 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

This event sounds like a blast, and an enhancement of similar events that BMW has help in conjunction with the Susan B. Komen Drive. So here is the info on how to sign up:

Call (877) 4ADRIVE
(877) 423-7483
and request to participate in one or more of the three activities described below.

For additional info on this event, search this or other fora for "Ultimate Driv" and read about the fun in store (from folks that have already attended) and check out the bmwusa.com web site. In short, there are three different activities that you may choose to attend. You need to sign up individually for each activity:

A) Autocross (driving the 330 and A4 and G35, back to back, with and without an instructor) 2 hrs

Student Driving event, 3 hrs., where instructors teach
1) emergency lane change
2) emergency braking
3) handling skids on a skid pad

C) Test Drive: the regular test driving event for charity: pick any car, sign up for a time slot, drive it on local streets, and $1 for each mile is donated to the Komen charity (breast cancer).

I'll be there in Denver, and am sure that there's lots on this forum that will enjoy the event!

Robert
Old 06-14-2005, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

rduncan, what date is the Denver event?

Historically, these events fill up very, very quickly.

The following is a link to the events listed on the bmwusa website:
http://www.bmwusa.com/bmwexperience/Events.../UDE/events.htm

My bet is that most, if not all of them are already full...
Old 06-14-2005, 07:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Jun 14 2005, 06:23 PM
CR, what date is the Denver event?
Historically, these events fill up very, very quickly.
Denver dates: Friday, 8/5 - Sunday, 8/7
Additional Susan B. Komen date on Wednesday, 8/3

see you there? (I chose to go on Saturday AM).

When I called today, it appeared that these dates were still quite open, so go for it.

Robert
Old 06-14-2005, 07:27 PM
Members

I did BMW UDE events in Atlanta in '98 and Cincinnati in '02. Both were good experiences and worth the effort. Next step . . . BMWCCA driving school.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:15 AM
Contributors

I believe the ultimate drive and Susan B. Komen drive are different events.

The event you are describing is the ultimate drive with the e90. The Komen drive is usually a 12 mile loop around the dealer where you get to sample various cars in the BMW lineup. The ultimate drive as stated, usually fills up pretty quick, but with the susan b komen drive, you can usually just show up whether you registered or not.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:18 AM
Contributors

I'm sorry, I didn't fully read your post and thought you were talking about the same event.

Never heard about the student driving. I'd like to give that a try when it comes around my area.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:03 AM
Contributors

The Ultimate Drive for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation is always part of the The "Ultimate Driving Experience". While it is true that you can do it at your local dealer on certain dates it is also always available as one of the options at the UDE. They set up a predetermined "loop" around the stadium or whatever venue the UDE is held at (just like they do at the dealerships) and you can take the cars for a 30 or so minute spin. Also while the "Student Driver Program" is part of the UDE as well it is designed for teenagers between 15 and 20 years old.........I don't know if they would let non-teens participate in that program.

So the Ultimate Driving Experience (UDE) is comprised of:

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>1.</span> Autocross (many of us use the term "Ultimate Driving Experience" to describe this, but technically the Autocross is only one part of the "Ultimate Driving Experience").

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>2.</span> The Ultimate Drive for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>3.</span> The Student driver Program (for 15 to 20 year olds).
Old 06-15-2005, 05:33 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by rduncan' date='Jun 14 2005, 11:04 PM
Denver dates: Friday, 8/5 - Sunday, 8/7
Additional Susan B. Komen date on Wednesday, 8/3

see you there? (I chose to go on Saturday AM).

When I called today, it appeared that these dates were still quite open, so go for it.

? Robert
[snapback]139566[/snapback]
< First, sorry I called you "CR" in my reply. I quickly saw a Colorado location and the 'Robert' signature and subliminally thought I was replying to "CRRobert". >

I won't be attending the Denver event -- I was checking the dates to see how far behind the website a linked to is in listing the events. (There was no mention of the Denver event on it.)

Enjoy it!