Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

"Sheer Driving Pleasure"

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2003, 04:23 AM
victor

Has anyone else noticed that the BMW International products homepage has changed the brand mark tag line from "The Ultimate Driving Machine" to "Sheer Driving Pleasure". I sincerely hope this is just a test. While I realize the old tag line has been around for a while, this is clearly a case of "if it's not broke, don't fix it". The old tag line evokes the image that I have always admired BMW for. It brings to mind that connected to the road, riding on rails feel of a slot racer. This new tag line reminds me of a Mercedes; plush, numb, and comfortable. Tell the marketing team to go back to the drawing board on that one.
Old 08-31-2003, 01:44 PM
z

Good point Victor.

My opinion is as such: BMW management are not doing their jobs. They are taking rash decisions and "fixing" things that aren't "broken." Especially in terms of design. Plus they aren't listening and responding well enough to their customers. Other carmakers are coming up with very innovative features in their cars and BMW are still offering their very rigid traditional systems.

For example, the music systems in BMWs are not of premium quality. The speakers, amps and equalization programs are mediocre at best. Compare that to the Bose systems on premium Nissans and Infinitis and you'll know what I mean.

Don't get me wrong; none of those frills will make me want to switch away from BMW. I'm 29 and just bought my 7th BMW a few days ago; I'm as loyal as they come, but its very frustrating watching BMW ignore the "little" details that can make its products even better than they already are.

So thumbs down to BMW management and two thumbs up to BMW engineers who still confound us with their ever increasing engineering excellence and genius!

BMW is truly the Ultimate Driving Machine!

z
Old 09-08-2003, 04:30 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sheer Driving Pleasure has been around for a while now in Australia. Im sure its been years.
www.bmw.com.au