Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

European Meet -- Munich / BMW Welt -- now Sat. 13th June 2009

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 01:47 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60

hello fellow people!

I am from Salzburg as you know, and would arrive on saturday to munich.

This mean: you can count me in!
1. xBMWx (E61)
2. smoppett (E60)
3. 530dA (E39)
4. cpiskai
5. Mach_666
Old 03-01-2009, 02:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

Damn, I want to come to this meet!

I have to be in southern Sweden the weekend before. I can't make a 10 day trip out of it, and there is no point to drive through Sweden again, a week later...

I will think about other options!
Old 03-01-2009, 04:00 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by cpiskai' post='804370
Hey guys,

won't be able to make this one - we'll be on vacation on the Greek islands during that period.
Shame really as the wife and I were looking forward to the trip to Munich hoping the initial tentative date at the beginning of April would stick - however chances of getting a good break in the weather seem better at the later date. Have a good one.
Can't you get refunds on holidays?
Joking apart, I had also planned the other date in, but it seemed to move. Its a shame you can't make it mate

Originally Posted by Thyrus' post='804449
hello fellow people!

I am from Salzburg as you know, and would arrive on saturday to munich.
Good stuff! Thyrus is based in Vienna, along with Rsyed who will hopefully also join us, so you guys could arrange a cruise up from Austria...

Originally Posted by Patrick E61' post='804484' date='Mar 1 2009, 12:56 PM
Damn, I want to come to this meet!

I have to be in southern Sweden the weekend before. I can't make a 10 day trip out of it, and there is no point to drive through Sweden again, a week later...
I will think about other options!
If you look where we are all travelling from, and most of us have all sorts of other private/business commitments to try and fit in, you will soon realise that attending these meets has very little to do with logic / common sense / and the easy life... but for those couple of times a year where we do these big events, its more than worth the effort I hope you can find a way of joining us mate...
Old 03-01-2009, 04:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Latest attendee list:

1. xBMWx (E61 -- Denmark)
2. smoppett (E60 -- UK)
3. 530dA (E39 -- Netherlands)
4. cpiskai (E60 -- Germany)
5. Mach_666 (E60 -- Austria)
6. Thyrus (E90 -- Austria)
Old 03-01-2009, 05:50 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='804494' date='Mar 1 2009, 02:00 PM
There are a few hotel ideas floating around and this one also sounds good. Its always a nightmare doing a cruise/concoy through a city, so with it being close to the BMW Welt, that could be a real bonus. Would it mean driving across the city or are both on the same side of the city?
89,- for a good hotel is reaslistic, that's what we ended up paying for the (5-star) hotel in Cologne this time last year.
Although it's quite a few km away from BMW Welt, they're both on "the ring" that goes around the outside of the city. You don't have to drive through the middle. On an average day you're talking a 5-10 minute drive.

I'll be in New York the last two weeks in April Here are some ideas for y'all:

- Dont miss out on seeing "M" central (even though there's nothing really to see )
- You can't miss the piston building (which some people think is their HQ) it's opposite BMW Welt.
- The Fiz (their "real" HQ) is something to see too
- Taking a trip up the Olympia tower gives a great view of the Alps (on a clear day).
- Always be on the lookout in that area for prototypes. I saw an F10 there a couple of months ago.
- A short half hour trip from BMW Welt is their monster used-car extravaganza. You've never seen so many used cars in your life. The building is about 1 km long and four floors with 6 rows of cars on each floor. The salesman there said to me that they sell about 70 cars a day. They scoot round on little scooters it's so big. It's right next to the new-ish Munich football stadium.

I'd expect the weather end of April in Munich to be about 20 degrees Celsius typically. Not warm enough for the hundreds of naked people in the Englischer Garten park

If you want to get the Munich Oktoberfest vibe despite it not being September yet, you probably want to visit The Hofbr?uhaus Pub

Here's a useful site for looking at where the traffic jams (stau) are in real time. You can enter the number of the autobahn and it'll show you where they are.

Warning, the A8 between Augsburg and Munich (the final 60km of the journey for most of you probably) is working on expanding from 2 to 3 lanes and is constantly getting jammed up.

I've ringed some good bits of unrestricted Autobahn on this map in pink. The larger the circle, the longer the unrestricted part. In case anyone doesn't know, German truck drivers don't generally work at the weekend, so you'll see much quieter roads then.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:16 AM
Contributors

Its a shame you can't make it, because I'd buy you a beer, a Mass of course, just for taking the time to provide all that great info -- thank you! Maybe you can join us at a future meet and I'll sort you out then

Love your comment about the Englische Garten, I'd forgotten about the naked area... some days its and others its

Where is this "M" central? Same location as the Welt?
Old 03-01-2009, 06:39 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='804538' date='Mar 1 2009, 04:16 PM
Where is this "M" central? Same location as the Welt?
It's just around the corner. Nothing special, but maybe a good place for a photo op with your car(s) next to the big M sign
Old 03-01-2009, 06:47 AM
Contributors

Fellas, i would LOVE to go to this. I miss the WELT. My eurodelivery trip was one of the best weeks i've ever had. I'm sure my car would love to storm the autobahn again. I will be there in spirit. Take lots of pics.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DD_545i' post='804547
Fellas, i would LOVE to go to this. I miss the WELT. My eurodelivery trip was one of the best weeks i've ever had. I'm sure my car would love to storm the autobahn again. I will be there in spirit. Take lots of pics.
I bet that was an awesome trip; holiday with a new car. love it!

I don't think there'll be a shortage of pics!
Old 03-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Members

xBMWx

Threeeeeee small comments

1. Love that you're now aparently danish So you are an English-German-Danish x-breed now??? Figures Viking heritage, combined with English sublety and German punctuality? Or was it more German sense of humor, English food and Danish (whatever they may do not so well - ummm- ah well Viking heritage again then) - Lethal combination.
2. Are you sure about me getting the No.6 spot? Check the response times
3. M M M M M M (means we need to go to M!) (Bmw M that is )

Rgds

Thyrus

Quick Reply: European Meet -- Munich / BMW Welt -- now Sat. 13th June 2009