Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

E60.NET European Meet -- Sat. 26 April 2008

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 01:33 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 645 Ci, Individual Stratusgrey Metallic with individual grey leather Individual Stratos metallic, Shadow line, Black Individual leather, 19'' ellisoid, Panorama sunroof, PDC, Dynamic drive, Adaptive steering, Adaptive headlights, Voice control, Logic 7, Prof sat nav, BT phone, TV, Heated Sport seats, Ski sac, light pakket, CD-changer. Mods (so far): iPod interface, K&N Airfilter.

I also discussed the whole meet with Garehaan.
I haven't checked the forum for a week, but we also came up with the ring idea!!

So +2 on the Ring

Btw: friday last week, Andy and I installed the SMG wheel....... lovin' it
Old 03-21-2008, 06:47 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: G30 530i M-sport
Model Year: 2018

Folks, as we lean more towards Germany as a location, and for those amongst you who may be passing through German cities to get to the meet, you may want to have a closer look at my post on the rollout of Low Emission Zones in German cities.

Oh yeah ... +1 on the ring idea for me too
Old 03-24-2008, 07:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 645 Ci, Individual Stratusgrey Metallic with individual grey leather Individual Stratos metallic, Shadow line, Black Individual leather, 19'' ellisoid, Panorama sunroof, PDC, Dynamic drive, Adaptive steering, Adaptive headlights, Voice control, Logic 7, Prof sat nav, BT phone, TV, Heated Sport seats, Ski sac, light pakket, CD-changer. Mods (so far): iPod interface, K&N Airfilter.

OK, lets do it!

Lets go to Nurnberg, I can hardly wait.....
Old 03-25-2008, 02:57 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Sounds good to me... The Nurburgring it is!!

Patrick (Thyrus) and myself checked out a few nearby locations for lunch etc. Did not come up with a final plan though. I'll give the Nurburgring a call during the week to find out what they suggest, e.g. if they can offer us a reserved area for parking / viewing the race / buffet-catering / etc.

Anyone else done this before at the ring and can offer ideas?
Any support here would be appreciated.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by MacSid' post='548601' date='Mar 21 2008, 03:47 PM
Folks, as we lean more towards Germany as a location, and for those amongst you who may be passing through German cities to get to the meet, you may want to have a closer look at my post on the rollout of Low Emission Zones in German cities.

Oh yeah ... +1 on the ring idea for me too

Thanks for pointing this out. We'll just have to check our route avoids these places where ever possible.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:26 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: G30 530i M-sport
Model Year: 2018

This is sounding better and better!

My knowledge on the area around the Ring is thin, but I'll put my thinking hat on.

also, re. the Low Emissions Zones, should not really be a problem for most of us to get our stickers from Dekra or the TUV - I guess most of our numbers do drive into Germany regularly enough to need them in any case, and there is buckets of time between now and the meet to get them. Mine arrived within 48 hours!
Old 03-25-2008, 06:34 AM
Contributors

Lots of replies and great ideas -- thank you! -- so time to recap on where we are.
Andy545, MacSid and myself are currently getting into some more of the details, but this pretty much where we are -- this is going to be one awesome day!!

The date:
Saturday 26th April 2008

The meeting point:
BMW dealer near the N?rbergring (details being organised)

The venue:
The N?rberging during the day and on to Cologne in the evening

Timing of Meet: (exact details being organised)
10:00 - 11:30: Meet & greet at BMW dealer near to the 'Ring
11:30 - 12:30: Cruise to the 'Ring, including Autobahn run of course!
12:30 - 18:00: Relax at the 'Ring, food & drink, watch the race, admire our cars... and maybe some others!
----
18:00 - 19:00, then open end: Cruise to Cologne for evening meal / check in to hotels / night out
or
18:00 - open end: Just stay on at the 'Ring and take in the post-race events

The attendee list:
1) xBMWx (Germany)
2) Andy545 (Netherlands)
3) nickgre (Greece)
4) hondik (Czech Republic)
5) BMWMB (Belgium)
6) MacSid (Netherlands)
7) IPP (Sweden)
8) Thyrus (Germany)
9) Doc Horror (Netherlands)
10) Kazimierz (Belgium)
11) Garehaan (Netherlands)
12) Doc Horror?s mate! (Netherlands)
13) Luxembourg (Germany)
14) Noah (Germany)
15) Midget (Netherlands)

Attendees staying over in hotel:
* A hotel will now be organised in Colgne, not in Maastricht *
1) MacSid + Mrs. MacSid (Sat.)
2) xBMWx + Mrs. xBMWx (Sat.)
3) Thyrus (Sat.)
4) Hondik + Mrs. Hondik + Baby (Fri.)

Old 03-25-2008, 12:49 PM
Senior Members

We'll have to ask Garehaan, he knows his way around the Ring, incl. lunch etc areas.

I'll contact him soon.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 520dA coming up.

Just a few ideas:

Nearby the ring there's hotel am Tiergarten link

It is owned by Sabine's Parents (you know: THE Sabine who drives the ring-taxi and who challenged Clarkson http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=OrVXNipdYzE)
Food is good there or in the neighbouring restaurants.
The hotel is on a 10 minute walking distance from the Ring entrance and they have a big parking lot around their corner.

I hear you say WALKING?

Yep....the available space at the ring entrance is very limited, especially when visiting with a group. So we better park comfortably and
have a look at all the more or less exotic cars parked there.

There's also a lot going on at the Brunchen Parking. It has plenty of space and gives an excellent view on the track. Even better: it's free
Old 03-27-2008, 01:55 AM
Contributors

Thanks for the info Garehaan

The Brunchen Parking looks like a good laugh, but I assume we would need our own food etc and are dependant upon good weather. The Tiergarten looks like the more logical choice for our meet and has everything we need.

I've just spoke to the Hotel am Tiergarten about a restaurant reservation and upon their request have sent them an email reservation request. I have asked for approx. 40 people at around 14:00h, just to get a feel for what they could do -- it normally opens at 16:00h. Let's see what they can do for us...

Quick Reply: E60.NET European Meet -- Sat. 26 April 2008