Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

***PENNSYLVANIA STATE ROUTE 125 MEET ON JUNE 26TH***

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 03:03 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

So wait - Razzy and White535xi said they would come last night, but didn't show? Wow - that really sucks. So just 2 cars went on this drive? I know that this weekend was a big weekend for parents to take their kids to camp for the summer, which is probably why not many could commit early on. However, for those that said they would go and even confirmed at the last minute, but didn't show, just sucks. Not cool. Sorry guys. Pretty lame.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Saphire/Black Dakota Leather- Loaded- M5 Appearance Package, Sport Package, Pro logic 7 Premium Sound, Navigation, Cold Weather Package, Comfort Package, Heads-up Display, park Distance Control, Bluetooth, Active Steering, Electric Rear Sunshade, Rear Folding Seats, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Xenon lights, Satelite Radio- Extended Maintenance, CPO (Considering Tire/Wheel Insurance)

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
So wait - Razzy and White535xi said they would come last night, but didn't show? Wow - that really sucks. So just 2 cars went on this drive? I know that this weekend was a big weekend for parents to take their kids to camp for the summer, which is probably why not many could commit early on. However, for those that said they would go and even confirmed at the last minute, but didn't show, just sucks. Not cool. Sorry guys. Pretty lame.
Right?? Just make a phone call to Scott as a courtesy for all his efforts. I know Scott will say "thanks Gregg, but it doesn't bother me" because he is a true gentleman...BUT I'm an angry man and will say it on his behalf...
Old 06-26-2010, 03:23 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 E60 M5 Alpine White/ Indy Red 6spd

Well it was Their Loss. We had a GREAT F*CKING TIME!!! Scott scoped out an AWESOME route. It was like a freaking E60 rollercoaster!! There were incredible 180 deg hairpin turns. Changes in elevation where your 4000+ lb car catches "air" It was awesome.The route he chose was perfect for about 5 to 8 cars. You really have to have skills to drive this road hard. It was awesome and I am a hard person to thrill and impress in a car cause I ride sportbikes. But Scott's route did impress. So to all of you flakers and BS artists, GO SUCK on a Tailpipe!! You guys really missed out. Lol
Old 06-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Yes it was unfortunate -- for those who didn't come. The route was absolutely insane. What a driving experience. I do think that it's rude for those who commited to bail at the last second without having the courtesy to call or text me (I had handed out my cell phone number last night to all those whp had committed).

But again, the point of today for me and Victor was to have a great drive and if friends show up, all the better. Oh and on that score, props to you Richard. You've got mad driving skills.

I am addicted to that route because it is so unbelievable. There are simply no other routes within 2.5 hours drive of New York thaat have such a combination of twisties, wild changes in elevation, abrupt rises and falls, little to no LE, civlization or traffic. All you do is concentrate on driving hard. Believe me, the sport bike riders know. And as usual, there were a lot of them out on the route.

I'll do another meet out there in early to mid August. Anyone interested in coming?
Old 06-26-2010, 04:02 PM
Contributors

heyy guys,like I said earlier I apologize for the no show. If it was done on purpose that would be a different story. But I had unexpected plans that I was unaware of earlier and trust me I love riding with you guys, theres no doubt about that. As you can see from last time, I got a speeding ticket and didnt give a Fu**k bc I was having a blast riding. I'll make it up to all u guys that did show up by buying u lunch on our next meet! Once again I apoligize to every!
Old 06-26-2010, 06:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

post some pics up scott.. i hope you got at least a few pictures in of your cars together.....

the party at my house went well suprisingly.. so im happy about that..

that really sucks that you guys had such a bigger list then it dwindled down to just 2 the night before.. I hope no one has any hard feelings for me cause i was put on that list and knew from day one i wouldnt be able to come anyway due to the party i knew i was having..
Old 06-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by melimel
post some pics up scott.. i hope you got at least a few pictures in of your cars together.....

the party at my house went well suprisingly.. so im happy about that..

that really sucks that you guys had such a bigger list then it dwindled down to just 2 the night before.. I hope no one has any hard feelings for me cause i was put on that list and knew from day one i wouldnt be able to come anyway due to the party i knew i was having..
I didn't take any pics. I have hundreds of pics of the route that I put up already. Given that it was just Richard, Victor and me, we just chilled and concentrated on the driving which was great. No hard feelings for you Mel, you made clear that you were not going to the meet.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

2 out of 5. That's 40% which is pretty close to average.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:39 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by theXman
2 out of 5. That's 40% which is pretty close to average.

Actually it was 3 of 5. But Gregg decided that if there were not at least 5 cars there, it made more sense to spend the day with his family. So Richard and I went. I can assure that once the drive started, the thoughts of those who didn't show were replaced by the joy of driving a road that is second to none within 2.5 hours of New York. You drive it and you just can't believe that they put a road through it.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:56 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 M5 (E60) Interlagos blue, Silverstone interior, with cold weather package. Adaptive Xenon headlamps and adaptive brake lights, hud, comfort access. Comfort seats, basically fully loaded.

As i said before i would have def committed and showed up if we had this done in the afternoon.. I just can't commit mornings. I hope we do some random meet on the weekend or weekday evening. That'll be awesome... Glad you enjoyed Rich and Scott..

Quick Reply: ***PENNSYLVANIA STATE ROUTE 125 MEET ON JUNE 26TH***