Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

World Cup 2010

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sucks......but hey...Spain played better...that's it. At least they weren't cocky assholes about winning....

It really didn't seem like Germany was playing at their best.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

I feel sorry for you krozi and my wife who is german, but my friends in germany gave me so much abuse after the england game, I can't wait to wind them up tomorrow via email

Spain really improved their game today and simply outplayed the germans. Should be a good final and I think germany will win on saturday.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi
Sucks......but hey...Spain played better...that's it. At least they weren't cocky assholes about winning....

I think Spain didn't let Germany play their game. It was really as if they studied all Germany's games and saw where and how they scored all their goals and simply made sure it wasn't possible. Just like North Korea managed to suppress Brazil's game.

I think it's nice that we have a final with two teams that have never won the world cup before. Plus it's probably the two best teams that have never won it despite being tipped to in the past (especially the Netherlands with their total football era).
Old 07-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Spain was much better, congrats!

Holland vs. Spain will be a very interesting final.

Both are very nice countries, may the best win.
Hopefully we'll get a fine game with a lot of goals.

Germany vs. Uruguay may be Germany's play, now with Myller.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Originally Posted by DD_545i
I think Spain didn't let Germany play their game.....Just like North Korea managed to suppress Brazil's game.
And that game it the counter attack, most of the goals they scored was on the counter, three teams prevented them from playing the way they want......the result was they lost 2, (Spain & Slovakia) and needed Philipp Lahm's save (some would say handball) on the goal line to beat Ghana 1-0.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Is Lays really called Walker in Germany?
nope.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:12 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by Iceman
nope.
Hmmm look so similar...
Old 07-07-2010, 04:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Hmmm look so similar...
Walker is a popular brand in the UK...
Old 07-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Contributors

Is Lays really called Walker in Germany?
Originally Posted by Iceman
nope.
Hmmm look so similar...
Originally Posted by kscarrol
Walker is a popular brand in the UK...
They were originally separate and independent companies but both got bought up by Pepsico.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

I think Spain played a damned fine game of soccer. The team was overall better, excellent passing and great defense. They totally controlled the ball the entire game and that threw the Germans off their game. So you're right, they were not playing their best, but I attribute it to Spain's ability to dominate. You see, Germans are only good at being dominated in videos aaaaanyhow, I'm pretty sure that they'll take the third place pretty easily Still a GREAT team and they definitely played plenty of great games in this championship.

Now, Netherlands vs. Spain WOW! What a match up! Can't wait to watch! If Spain can find a way to dominate the game against Netherlands, like they did with Germany, I think they may have an easy win. One thing about the Dutch though - they don't seem to be as easily discouraged by being dominated, as Germans. Both goalies are definitely gonna have a pretty tough game - that much is for sure IMHO.

Quick Reply: World Cup 2010