Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

"who am I? where am I going?"

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 05:33 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

It's only natural to think about stuff like that as you get more maturer and wiser. Thats life.

I constantly think about what I will do career wise for next five or ten years. I have a decent job and live comfortably as a family of four. I don't know if I want to stay in the same industry as it requires some travelling. My kids are getting to school age and need constant parenting and other stuff, my wife works full time as well. So doing it alone is tough for anyone even without a regular day job. Anyway, my point is at this stage of my life, my children come first and I will do anything for them. I guess that's life...

V - The path will become clear to you as you get closer. I don't know if this makes any sense. Good luck and be well, my friend.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Financial advice is not what I do, really. I'm a trader. As such, I'm sure I can find a couple of relatives who'll give me a few bucks to play with and I'll be able to (with a reasonable expectation of success) increase the numbers some. But I'd really rather see both - the money and my ability - used for something better than just seeing some numbers on the screen go green or red.

Too bad I'm not a carpenter... or Harrison Ford, for that matter LOL But now, as I find myself on the brink of yet another big change in my life, I am sitting here and wondering who will remain by my side when the dust settles? How fast will I be able to get up, should I get knocked down? I can already see where the blow will come and I can sort of tell where I'll land when I fall from this one... its weird that I'm totally not paranoid right now... maybe wrong - I don't know... anyway, I'm going on about nothing now, so I'll shut up
Vlad, there are points in our lives that are transformative. You seem to be at one now. You'll get through it.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:55 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Hmm...
Old 05-10-2010, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Sounds like a midlife crisis...

I know that feeling.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:06 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by Iceman
Sounds like a midlife crisis...

I know that feeling.
Nothing the letter "M" can't fix
Old 05-10-2010, 09:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by Krozi
Nothing the letter "M" can't fix
Miata?
Old 05-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by melimel

your having a moment V.. a long one, but your human.. and i think that at a certain point in ones life you just realize your here for a purpose. sometimes people get it, sometimes they dont.
Thanks Mel!

Originally Posted by theXman
It's only natural to think about stuff like that as you get more maturer and wiser. Thats life.

I constantly think about what I will do career wise for next five or ten years. I have a decent job and live comfortably as a family of four. I don't know if I want to stay in the same industry as it requires some travelling. My kids are getting to school age and need constant parenting and other stuff, my wife works full time as well. So doing it alone is tough for anyone even without a regular day job. Anyway, my point is at this stage of my life, my children come first and I will do anything for them. I guess that's life...

V - The path will become clear to you as you get closer. I don't know if this makes any sense. Good luck and be well, my friend.
I am really hoping that it does become clear soon. As of right now, it looks like I'm on a pretty short timeline, and if I don't figure something out soon, I'll at the very least lose my job. One thing I know for a fact - can't be afraid of anything, because EVERYTHING happens for a reason.

Originally Posted by sdg1871
Vlad, there are points in our lives that are transformative. You seem to be at one now. You'll get through it.
Thanks Brother! I'll do everything I can - that's for sure!

Originally Posted by skelevirus
Miata?
Not the WORST car to drive, actually
Old 05-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by v_therussian
You know T, you - you and John and Craig - are the kinda dudes that make me regret I never went into service. Some people are real - even though you've never met them in real life. Yet others - you can look right at them and its as if they aren't even there. You are real
Thanks V, at least I think I'm the John you meant

Originally Posted by skelevirus
I realized at 30 it's family that matters. When u have kids all your selfishness goes right out the window. Watching my son hit his first ball in little league was better than all the house parties and night clubs I've ever been to rolled into one. I no longer ask myself where am I going. I ask myself where are my boys(and soon to be baby girl) going? Haha she had better keep her ass offa the GGW vids
Very true Skele, KIDS change your outlook. Not much matters more than making a better future for my boys, other than keeping them safe enough to get there
Old 05-12-2010, 12:45 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Black/Grey. Got it July 09.
Model Year: 2004

V, if your having a hard time finding your place in your job/career, it might be a good time to start looking into that business you were once considering. Efficient energy is the way of the future.

It doesn't even need to be something you venture into right away, but I think you're smart enough to take advantage of opportunities as they present themselves to you in life.

Also, I think your feelings are normal because I get them often as well. Life's a mystery... it wouldn't be interesting if it wasn't.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by danzanchy
V, if your having a hard time finding your place in your job/career, it might be a good time to start looking into that business you were once considering. Efficient energy is the way of the future.

It doesn't even need to be something you venture into right away, but I think you're smart enough to take advantage of opportunities as they present themselves to you in life.

Also, I think your feelings are normal because I get them often as well. Life's a mystery... it wouldn't be interesting if it wasn't.
hmm, thanks Brother! This is actually quite a good suggestion, and one I haven't thought of lately.