Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Where to buy Blu-Ray movies?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 05:57 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone recommend a good place to buy Blu-Ray movies in oklahoma? i'm gonna ask my friend to get me some blu-ray movies since i can't find even a shadow of one in Thailand. And what about the pricing? whats the price range of one movie? thanks for helping out...
Old 02-13-2007, 04:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

You would think that Sony would have learned their lesson after Betamax tapes, and Mini CDs. Blu-ray will go the way of these and in the heap like the 8-track tape deck.

Old 02-14-2007, 06:01 PM
Senior Members

You can rent them at Netflix.com
Old 02-16-2007, 11:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nickolas_g' post='391250' date='Feb 13 2007, 08:04 PM
You would think that Sony would have learned their lesson after Betamax tapes, and Mini CDs. Blu-ray will go the way of these and in the heap like the 8-track tape deck.

?????

Sony is only one of many players in this product offering not the sole designer, and unlilke the betamax failure, this is a sure success for all companies involved. Blu-ray will be the standard going forward, all major movie houses except one have already signed up to Blu-ray, so there is no risk this time that Sony will fail.

And why is this guaranteed? PS3, plain and simple. SONY is shipping at least 200,000 units to the US this year alone, and then add all the players that will be offered from all other manufactures that support Blu-ray, while HD-DVD players shipped to the US will probably be less than 10% of this number.

So, do you think that the Movie co's will go offer products that they can sell to at least 200-300K households, or perhaps only the ability to sell to 10% of this number?

blu-ray is the standard, it can hold much more data than HD-DVD and is nearly universally supported now..

And to member 525iSE : even if someone sends you a Blu-ray DVD, it most likely would not be supported by the player you have in Thailand; if these DVDs are anything like the current DVDs, they are region coded, meaning you cant play disks from the US anywhere else in the world, UNLESS, you have a special Region-free player that has been hacked (which I do for the current format DVDs as I do play discs from Europe and S.America)

...I've not heard of any being offered yet in the Blu-ray format, but perhaps on your side of the world they do have such things...just something to keep in mind!
Old 02-16-2007, 11:44 AM
Senior Members

Blu-Rays are everywhere... You can buy them in Best Buy, Circuit City, Frys, Blockbuster... The list goes on and on... also Blu-Ray is region free meaning all players play all blu-rays.. I know because I live in Ca and own a Japanese PS3 it plays all american PS3 games and all Blu-Ray discs.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:18 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sideeffects' post='392340' date='Feb 16 2007, 03:44 PM
Blu-Rays are everywhere... You can buy them in Best Buy, Circuit City, Frys, Blockbuster... The list goes on and on... also Blu-Ray is region free meaning all players play all blu-rays.. I know because I live in Ca and own a Japanese PS3 it plays all american PS3 games and all Blu-Ray discs.

coool! im waiting to get my elite player this spring and was concerned id also need a backup region free player as well
Old 02-17-2007, 08:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

Originally Posted by m630' post='392329' date='Feb 16 2007, 03:14 PM
?????
Sony is only one of many players in this product offering not the sole designer, and unlilke the betamax failure, this is a sure success for all companies involved. Blu-ray will be the standard going forward, all major movie houses except one have already signed up to Blu-ray, so there is no risk this time that Sony will fail.

And why is this guaranteed? PS3, plain and simple. SONY is shipping at least 200,000 units to the US this year alone, and then add all the players that will be offered from all other manufactures that support Blu-ray, while HD-DVD players shipped to the US will probably be less than 10% of this number.

So, do you think that the Movie co's will go offer products that they can sell to at least 200-300K households, or perhaps only the ability to sell to 10% of this number?

blu-ray is the standard, it can hold much more data than HD-DVD and is nearly universally supported now..
And to member 525iSE : even if someone sends you a Blu-ray DVD, it most likely would not be supported by the player you have in Thailand; if these DVDs are anything like the current DVDs, they are region coded, meaning you cant play disks from the US anywhere else in the world, UNLESS, you have a special Region-free player that has been hacked (which I do for the current format DVDs as I do play discs from Europe and S.America)

...I've not heard of any being offered yet in the Blu-ray format, but perhaps on your side of the world they do have such things...just something to keep in mind!

Remember the dual offering of DVDs initially? Remeber DIVX? Where is it now?

The market will only support one, I think it will be HD DVD. I have nothing against or for either. I just think that Blu-Ray will fade away.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nickolas_g' post='392590' date='Feb 17 2007, 12:11 PM
Remember the dual offering of DVDs initially? Remeber DIVX? Where is it now?

The market will only support one, I think it will be HD DVD. I have nothing against or for either. I just think that Blu-Ray will fade away.

did you read anything i wrote above???

those are real facts, there is absolutely no way that HD DVD will survive, all Major Movie companies except 1 have already choosen Blu-ray, and there will only be a few thousand units (less than 10,000) of HD DVD by the end of the year and there will be somewhere in the neighborhood of 300,000 blue ray units. the war is over already!!
Old 02-18-2007, 12:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

you can get them on amazon. that where I get all my movie