Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Where are the Americans?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009 | 01:30 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='830877' date='Mar 30 2009, 11:08 PM
Are you serious?
Lighten up it's a joke for Christ's sake

Also, why don't you do some research before you make stupid references towards gun control?
Man in my books a joke that even so slightly can make the listener/viewer feel uncomfortable is a stupid joke. Ask any good comedian and he/she will reply the same thing. If you pretend to be a 'joker' but end up in making people have mixed feelings then maybe it's better to keep your moth shut and avoid appearing as an Ahole.

About gun control i don't even want to do any kind of serious research as i find that's a waste of time as i will probably never own a lethal gun. It's funny though how the people that most likely own guns advice the others non-owners to do some research about gun control. Maybe the gun owning happy tree friends should also point the same advice to all those families that lost someone dear in an idiotic gun fire incident where either a boy stole daddy's gun and thought he was playing Counter Strike for real or some lunatic got his hands on a weapon.

End of story and thread for me. I'm tired of those silly discussion that can't lead to nothing good and i will not reply anymore.

But PS: Just a head's up! It's those guys like our friend here rogerj that dent the image of the US and attract even more hatred (not from me) towards US. Ultra-nationalists that thing they are entitled to everything, even owning big ass guns, mocking any other "sub-human" or "less developed" people of different nationalities or beliefs thinking they are the greatest and all the BS.
Old 03-30-2009 | 01:52 PM
Contributors

From: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='830989
But PS: Just a head's up! It's those guys like our friend here rogerj that dent the image of the US and attract even more hatred (not from me) towards US. Ultra-nationalists that thing they are entitled to everything, even owning big ass guns, mocking any other "sub-human" or "less developed" people of different nationalities or beliefs thinking they are the greatest and all the BS.
I am sick of people saying we have to be tolerant and should accept people who account for an extremely high percentage of our crime rate. I am sick of people saying we should learn the languages of the immigrants. I am sick of every product being labeled in both English and Spanish. If they won't learn English then they should leave.
I moved from Germany. I had to learn English. Do you think it was easy for my parents to get citizenship? No, of course not. But we did it and we are legal.
And we don't take advantage of the system.

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='830989' date='Mar 30 2009, 05:30 PM
Man in my books a joke that even so slightly can make the listener/viewer feel uncomfortable is a stupid joke. Ask any good comedian and he/she will reply the same thing. If you pretend to be a 'joker' but end up in making people have mixed feelings then maybe it's better to keep your moth shut and avoid appearing as an Ahole.
About the jokes, when I came hear I had to listen to many Nazi jokes...so what? I don't mind being at the business end of a joke because I sometimes make jokes where other people are at the business end. Of course you have to draw the line at some point, but he joke above wasn't awfully bad and wasn't even close to that line.
Old 03-30-2009 | 02:05 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Blacked out 530i, Carbon Fiber Pillars, Carbon Fiber Emblems (Wheels, Steering Wheel and Hood/Trunk). Blacked out kidney Grill, Smoked side marker lights, 15mm Rear Spacers, K&N Filter, Window Tint, Navigon Syst. Breyton Front Lip. Bilistein Coil Over Suspension Front & Rear Droped 1.5" Genuine M5 Pedal set. Mtechnik side skirts, RPI Exhaust.

Enough about this, its going no where! :thumbsdown:
Old 03-30-2009 | 02:44 PM
Contributors

funny joke. who cares if you dont like it. hit the back button on your browser and read another thread.
Old 03-30-2009 | 02:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Ah yes, Newbies....ya gotta love 'em!!! They aren't ALL bad!! Just kidding guys (and gals) can't we all just get along?? You'd do it for Randolph Scott!!

Where are the Americans?-randolph_scott.jpg

( I may have just slipped into sub-reference hell!)
Old 03-30-2009 | 05:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Ever heard of George Carlin or Richard Pryor? They made themselves wealthy by joking about uncomfortable topics. So what good comedians have you posed this question to since they all agree with you?

I'm tired of those silly discussion that can't lead to nothing good and i will not reply anymore
Now that is damn funny, although you made fun of almost every race you didnt have anger behind your joke which was obvious in dumb ass original joke.
And you 2 Mensa candidates question my education?

Mel, Glad you got a laugh. That was the intention.

Krozi, Thanks for sharing your own immigration story and understanding the joke.

funny joke. who cares if you dont like it. hit the back button on your browser and read another thread.
Craig, couldn't agree more! Some folks just can't pass a chance to express their delusions of grandeur and let the rest of us know how they are holier-than-thou.

my dad came as an illegal immigrant 30 yrs ago cross the border and all that he is dominican and he now owns his own cab company is he not legit ? its the american dream hommie, your prob not rascict at all how eva da f*k u spell that but its just that as many immigrants are suckign the govt dry there is a bigger amount of american citizens sucking the gov't dry perfect example all those bigg CEO's living lavish off our taxes ? how bout that ? my dad came to this country with no money and a dream and thanks to the usa he living good now took him 25 yrs but hes doing it up now.
Mike, nice story and great outcome. However, things are much different now then they were 30 yrs ago. After 9/11, anyone who advocates or apologizes for people sneaking into the country illegally is simply on the wrong side of the argument. If you want to come to America, come one come all but... do it LEGALLY, pay taxes, contribute to social security/medicare, etc. That's all that I expect..., the same that is expected of me and you.
Old 03-30-2009 | 05:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

I think the point was that in the original joke, it just said immigrant, not ILLEGAL immigrant..the joke made it seem like you were calling all immigrants lazy and sucking the system dry...
Old 03-30-2009 | 06:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by SoCalBimmer' post='831239' date='Mar 30 2009, 09:59 PM
I think the point was that in the original joke, it just said immigrant, not ILLEGAL immigrant..the joke made it seem like you were calling all immigrants lazy and sucking the system dry...
you have to be "legal" to properly suck the system dry.
Old 03-30-2009 | 06:10 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Blacked out 530i, Carbon Fiber Pillars, Carbon Fiber Emblems (Wheels, Steering Wheel and Hood/Trunk). Blacked out kidney Grill, Smoked side marker lights, 15mm Rear Spacers, K&N Filter, Window Tint, Navigon Syst. Breyton Front Lip. Bilistein Coil Over Suspension Front & Rear Droped 1.5" Genuine M5 Pedal set. Mtechnik side skirts, RPI Exhaust.

Tell that to dumb ass and im sure he'll tell you your wrong! He's an idiot and shows it well with his stupid reply that doesnt have any value to them. But he's entitled to his uneducated opinion so lets just let him make more of an ass by waiting on his next reply................
Old 03-30-2009 | 07:09 PM
Contributors

Man, at what point does a moderator jump in and finally shut a thread down. It's just down to insults now. Serving no purpose.

LOCK it down MAN! They are wasting precious bandwidth.

Quick Reply: Where are the Americans?