Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

When cops harass you for driving a nice car...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 09:38 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Just the basic 525.... premium package, xenon headlights

Originally Posted by SolarFactory' post='258495' date='Mar 22 2006, 10:35 AM
I encountered a similar thing when I had my 3 series. The cop was unbelievably rude and just a jerk. Don't let it get you down. Just think that he'll probaly never get to drive a 5 series.
You are so right on that!!!!!!
Old 03-22-2006, 09:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

That sucks! Ya I look very young and thats another thing... I'm annoyed to pass a cop and let hin think stupid young rich kid driving daddys car. But then cops can run the registration... its under my name so that I guess wont matter... just other people cant.

Do you have the M-Tech front bumper? if so I have attached my front plate to the M-Tech w/out drilling. You're in SD... so its a little hard to show you in person or help you with it... but i can try to explain it if you want to give it a shot.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:46 AM
Members

nope no M-Tech....maybe I can just attach it to the stock bumper w/ zip ties or something and then just cut them after? Also, I'm a little unclear on the situation...can I just pay off the tint ticket or do I actually need to fix it?
Old 03-22-2006, 10:41 AM
Members

Several years ago I had a pretty bad crash in my E39 540. I got broad sided pretty damn hard in the middle of an intersection. Back passenger door was messed up, broken axle, etc. I got the car out of the intersection and coasted it a block away. Left the car and went back to see if the person who hit me was okay. The cop shows up and asks me where my car is. I tell him jsut down the street. By this time the tow truck guy is there. He hooks it up and brings it back close to the scene of the crash. At this point the cop is a total cocksucker. He starts asking me if it is my dad's car. He first asked if I was the primary driver, and I tell him I am. He asks if I am the owner. I tell him I am. He says "this isn't your dad's car" at which point I ask him if he can read what the insurance card says. He gave me a ticket for failing to yield. I took it to court. He showed up, but the girl who hit me did not. Case dismissed. Coacksucker.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:29 AM
Members

Originally Posted by silver bullet' post='258517' date='Mar 22 2006, 11:41 AM
Several years ago I had a pretty bad crash in my E39 540. I got broad sided pretty damn hard in the middle of an intersection. Back passenger door was messed up, broken axle, etc. I got the car out of the intersection and coasted it a block away. Left the car and went back to see if the person who hit me was okay. The cop shows up and asks me where my car is. I tell him jsut down the street. By this time the tow truck guy is there. He hooks it up and brings it back close to the scene of the crash. At this point the cop is a total cocksucker. He starts asking me if it is my dad's car. He first asked if I was the primary driver, and I tell him I am. He asks if I am the owner. I tell him I am. He says "this isn't your dad's car" at which point I ask him if he can read what the insurance card says. He gave me a ticket for failing to yield. I took it to court. He showed up, but the girl who hit me did not. Case dismissed. Coacksucker.
its unbelievable how some cops act sometimes. Sometimes its almost as if they have no interest in helping you, they only want to hassle you for driving a nice vehicle...b/c apparently its my fault that they're a cop and didn't chose a better career path.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

sorry that had to happen to ya... "Some cops are invaluable to society, and some are just plain pigs that give the rest of them bad names..." that soo true .. working in the e.r i deal alot with cops...met alot of good ones.. and also met some bad ones..i do go on ride along ith some of my friends who are cops and pretty much give me the ins and out of policing... unfortunately your age and the fact that you look young played a role in why the cops pulled you over...all the other citations were valid but could of been just a warning...some of the "dick cops" once have said to me in "is that your car?....how the hell can you afford that?" then started talking about how it sucked...and not reliable..i sense some jealousy... but oh well..i just tell them that i know how to save.
about the plate... when you go get it signed off they will look to see if its bolted on there...about the tint... i think you just have to take it off...

side note.... eric watch out for signal hill cops....ericd
"
Old 03-22-2006, 11:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by ericdbs' post='258532' date='Mar 22 2006, 12:31 PM
side note.... eric watch out for signal hill cops....ericd
"

I've heard about them... I'm glad i only go about 1 block and hop on the 405N.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:37 AM
Members

Yeah, I don't want anyone to think I have this typical teenage hatred towards "pigs" b/c that's not it at all. My dad has a gas station that I used to be at all the time during the summer and they have a lot of cops that come in and are good people that know the guys at the station really well. But there are some like the ones i encountered last night that kill the image of all the others. Anyone else ever had a fix-it ticket like that knows a way to get around it or if there is a way I can just pay a fine? I really want to try and not remove the tint and get it re-applied b/c that is a huge pain and don't really ahve the time to deal with that.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:57 AM
Senior Members

Happened to me once also...and i'm rather calm like you. Also i'm 22 so we're the same age. Hope it never happned again. I dunno hou much shit i can take from those kind of cops and when they step on my tail, i start to do inappropriate stuff to scare them away. I'm against this kind of stuff but some cops have such a bad attitude that makes you go boom sometimes.
And btw that's bullshit that in time you'll get more respect as you grow older. That may be generally true but cops as law representatives should always treat all drivers equal no matter if they are youngsters, hot hicks, executives, politicians, old people or you name it. Nor should the law be blind when it comes to foreing attachments.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:10 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='258544' date='Mar 22 2006, 12:57 PM
but cops as law representatives should always treat all drivers equal no matter if they are youngsters, hot hicks, executives, politicians, old people or you name it. Nor should the law be blind when it comes to foreing attachments.

HAHAHA what? You think this is a perfect world?

Quick Reply: When cops harass you for driving a nice car...