Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

When cops harass you for driving a nice car...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 12:14 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

yeah yeah, I get attutide from officials or police most of the time...
a young guy in this sort of a car.... they just can't handle it.... sad, very sad......people do so much wrong prejudice when they are envy of something
Old 03-22-2006, 01:52 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='258553' date='Mar 23 2006, 01:10 AM
HAHAHA what? You think this is a perfect world?
No, in fact i am aware that by far we are not living in a perfect world...but that doesn't mean we don't have to hope or try to make it "more perfect" by either attitude, character, justice, education, learning or...
Old 03-22-2006, 01:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

I guess you guys have it rough. I literally have police on every corner in my neighborhood - most protecting critical infrastructure. I live in Arlington, VA - not too far from lots of govt offices, the Pentagon, the FDIC, etc... Heck, there's an apartment complex I walk by on the way to the grocery store where there are guard stations and guys with the mirrors-on-a-stick to look under your car before you drive -into your own garage-. Can't imagine who lives there. Needless to say, the cops are there, they -can- be a problem, but for the most part if you appear to be a contributing member of society, they make themselves invisible. Maybe since our security folk have real business to attend to they leave the majority of the drivers alone??
Old 03-22-2006, 02:02 PM
Members

You didn't have a plate on your car. Be glad they didn't tow the car.

Why in the world would you even drive the car with no rear tag? Just amazes me how it's all the cops fault because they weren't nice.

Would you be nice if your job meant going up to tinted cars with just a sidearm at your hip? Of course not.

If it means one day of not showing off w/ your girlfriend while you go to the hardware store and affix the plate, so be it.

They can impound the car for having tint. Pssssst.. Secret: It's a violation of the vehicle code to drive without a registration plate or with dark tint.

Don't have such a "I can do what I want" attitude, and you'll run into few problems.

Uhh, and alot of cops easily make $70k+ a year, don't think that they're all Barney Fife look-alikes. If they want a 5 series, they'll buy one just like you....I mean...your dad did...
Old 03-22-2006, 03:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M Sport Package

Originally Posted by UUronL' post='258610' date='Mar 22 2006, 05:57 PM
I guess you guys have it rough. I literally have police on every corner in my neighborhood - most protecting critical infrastructure. I live in Arlington, VA - not too far from lots of govt offices, the Pentagon, the FDIC, etc... Heck, there's an apartment complex I walk by on the way to the grocery store where there are guard stations and guys with the mirrors-on-a-stick to look under your car before you drive -into your own garage-. Can't imagine who lives there. Needless to say, the cops are there, they -can- be a problem, but for the most part if you appear to be a contributing member of society, they make themselves invisible. Maybe since our security folk have real business to attend to they leave the majority of the drivers alone??
UUronL, they don't make themselves invisible on the I-95
let me tell you, the cops in VA are no joke...they don't play around
Old 03-22-2006, 03:40 PM
Members

Well thats kinda sucks but you should at least have a paperplate or someshit like me I've been driving for a year already without any kind of front plate and just the new car id on the window.. but how did the cop even run your car to find out your dad was the owner and you didn't even have a plate on is that some kinda magic trick..?
Old 03-22-2006, 03:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

How dark are your tints, if they cannot see in, how do you know they saw that you were young and then pulled you over?
Old 03-22-2006, 03:57 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Premium Pakage, Weather Package, Navigation M3 Conv Sold!!

Next time just push the gas pedal to the floor, the cop won't be able to catch you with his Ford Crown Victoria.
Old 03-22-2006, 04:49 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 "Stripper" Now C6 "Stripper"
Exclamation

That's until the Dodge Chargers with the Hemi's start poppin' up!

Senior Port Authority/Nassau/Suffolk County cops (bosses make more) top out at over 100k a year dude...
Old 03-22-2006, 05:25 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Premium Pakage, Weather Package, Navigation M3 Conv Sold!!

Dodge = "Death Overcomes Driver's Generous Ego"
Dodge = "Drips Oil, Drops Grease, Everywhere"

Quick Reply: When cops harass you for driving a nice car...