Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

What do you guys think about Land Rover LR3?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 09:39 AM

afaik, the new '06 ml is a 5 seater, at least in the states. they want to push the people who want to get 7 seats to buy their new r class>>>

Saw the new M yesterday at the Dallas Auto Show. I did not pay as much attention to it as I was paying to cars. The one they had looked much better than the model it replaces and it had two extra seats, I believe it will be an extra option.
MDX is a great vehicle, but not an SUV. It's a van.

My son's brother-in-law and I recently participated in "AutoShow in Motion" sponsored by GM. They had several tracks and many vehicles. Then they were divided by vehicle category. We drove the M, MDX the Infinity Murano, Volvo, Lexus and a GM product. We were most impressed with the MDX and Lexus. The Volvo was qute responsive in the esses, as well as the Murano, but beat you to death going over the "strips". All in all, we felt the Acura and Lexus had the best combination of steering, damping, control and ride. We each rode as passanger and then switched and drove them. Not liking SUV/Vans I now have a greater understanding and appreciation of their popularity in this country.

I don't know how this translate into "real world" driving, e.g. highway and town, but it was an enjoyable experience.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:53 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own a Land Rover Discovery and like it quite a bit, don't like the design of the LR3 as much. While the car was in for regular service, I had a Nissan Armada for a rental, and was very impressed! It has lots of room, seats 8 easily with legroom to spare, is very versatile for storage, and drives really well. It did great in snow, and responds very well with the gas pedal -- does not feel heavy at all. After the lease on my Discovery, I will seriously look at getting an Armada, and already have it reserved for a family vacation this summer.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:01 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Apr 18 2005, 07:39 AM
Saw the new M yesterday at the Dallas Auto Show. I did not pay as much attention to it as I was paying to cars. The one they had looked much better than the model it replaces and it had two extra seats, I believe it will be an extra option.
MDX is a great vehicle, but not an SUV. It's a van.

My son's brother-in-law and I recently participated in "AutoShow in Motion" sponsored by GM. They had several tracks and many vehicles. Then they were divided by vehicle category. We drove the M, MDX the Infinity Murano, Volvo, Lexus and a GM product. We were most impressed with the MDX and Lexus. The Volvo was qute responsive in the esses, as well as the Murano, but beat you to death going over the "strips". All in all, we felt the Acura and Lexus had the best combination of steering, damping, control and ride. We each rode as passanger and then switched and drove them. Not liking SUV/Vans I now have a greater understanding and appreciation of their popularity in this country.

I don't know how this translate into "real world" driving, e.g. highway and town, but it was an enjoyable experience.
[snapback]116785[/snapback]
i just checked mbusa.com but the new m doesn't have optional third row seats. at least not in the states. i know both acura and lexus are good but mdx is dated and lexus is always not my cup of tea :'(.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:09 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by PeterF' date='Apr 19 2005, 07:53 AM
I own a Land Rover Discovery and like it quite a bit, don't like the design of the LR3 as much. While the car was in for regular service, I had a Nissan Armada for a rental, and was very impressed! It has lots of room, seats 8 easily with legroom to spare, is very versatile for storage, and drives really well. It did great in snow, and responds very well with the gas pedal -- does not feel heavy at all. After the lease on my Discovery, I will seriously look at getting an Armada, and already have it reserved for a family vacation this summer.
[snapback]117201[/snapback]
people from a few land rover forums all saying the new lr3 is a much better car than disco. but if you are talking about design, that's a very personal thing. just like there are still many people don't like our e60. i'm sorry but i have to say i'm not into armada as well as qx56. i know they are good cars but the design is just not what we want. i emailed my local land rover dealer and asked them the release date of my06 and differences (even the minor ones) between my05 and my06. it's almost a week but still no reply yet . so i emailed land rover north america and told them that and hope they can do something about it or at least give me answers for my questions. believe it or not, this is the 3rd day but still no reply. wtf ! i know this is their hottest model now but if they want at least one more customer, they have to give me some response.