Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Watches

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 07:46 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 custom Range Rover, 2005 745li, FULL custom 1950 mercury, chopped and flame throwers, 1930 model A rat rod, nasty little bastard!! soon to be custom bmw 550 all white and black.

JUST TO PROVE MY POINT BEFORE WORK.... I GUESS WHEN PEOPLE BUY FAKES, THEY GET THE BOXES TAGS AND WARRANTY CARDS AND ALL THE AGENT INFO HUH...
IDIOT!!

YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE IT IS BENTLEY SPECIAL EDITION.... YOU CAN ALSO SEE ALL THE AUTHTHENTIC MARKINGS AND LOGOS.. THE BWINGS, AND THE NAME BRANDING ON THE BAND AND CLASP, ALSO YOU CAN SEE THE SERIAL NUBER ON THE BAND, AND CAN SEE THE BAND HAS SCREWS NOT SOME FAKE SHIT PINS LIKE THE FAKE SHIT DOES...
IF YOUR GONA BE A FUCKTARD, MAKE SURE YOU KOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT!!

PISES ME OFF WHEN PEOPLE HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by inknu2' post='1063710' date='Nov 27 2009, 08:46 AM
IF YOUR GONA BE A FUCKTARD....
dayum bringin out the classics.. TFF
Old 11-27-2009, 08:34 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 custom Range Rover, 2005 745li, FULL custom 1950 mercury, chopped and flame throwers, 1930 model A rat rod, nasty little bastard!! soon to be custom bmw 550 all white and black.

Originally Posted by skelevirus' post='1063723' date='Nov 27 2009, 12:06 PM
dayum bringin out the classics.. TFF

GOTTA DO WHAT YOU GOTTA DO....
Old 11-27-2009, 10:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

Originally Posted by inknu2' post='1063695' date='Nov 27 2009, 11:02 AM
U NED TO LEARN ABOUT WATCHES BEFORE YOU START MAKING BAD ASSUMPTIONS..........

THE BREITLING IS A 50MM BENTLEY WITH CUSTOM ROUND DIAMOND BEZEL AND LUGS,, NOT THE Tourbillon, COMPLETELY DIFFERENT WATCDH ALL TOGETHER, LOOK WHERE THE DATE IS.. THE 50 MM BENTLEY IS ON THE TOP.

THE CARTIER IS A 'PASHA' NOT WHATEVER MODEL YOU PICKED OUT,, THE PASHA ONLY COMES WITH STAIINLESS AND SILVER FACE AND BLUE SAPHIRE KNOBS ON THE ADJUSTER,,

THERE ARE 3 KINDS OF J12 MANS WHITE, WOMENS WHITE, AND THE NON DIAMONDS..I HAVE THE MANS WHITE, ITS LARGER..

BEFORE TALKING SHIT MAKE SURE YOU YOURSELF KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT, PATHETIC WHEN PPL TALK ABOUT THINGS THEY HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT...

NOW GO RUN ALONG AND TRY AND SELL THAT CAR NOONE WANTS!!
While I think the guys were a bit hard on you, as soon as I saw the photos I reached similar conclusions. If you believe these are all real you might want to have them checked out. I don't say this to be disrespectful - I say this as I have collected watches for years and am somewhat trained on what to look for when spotting reproductions. For example, the Panerai doesn't look anything like what they would have done. (i.e. style and location of date, month/day dials, exposed tourbillon that from the photos doesn't look like a tourbillon, etc.) Again, no disrespect intended, you appear to really like your watches and that is something I completely understand - just suggest you might want to have them looked at.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:55 PM
Contributors

oh. this got great. where is John?

Now I have something to do at work tonight.

subscribed.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1063818' date='Nov 27 2009, 02:55 PM
oh. this got great. where is John?

Now I have something to do at work tonight.

subscribed.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:44 PM
Members

Originally Posted by wolf' post='1063766' date='Nov 27 2009, 02:40 PM
While I think the guys were a bit hard on you, as soon as I saw the photos I reached similar conclusions. If you believe these are all real you might want to have them checked out. I don't say this to be disrespectful - I say this as I have collected watches for years and am somewhat trained on what to look for when spotting reproductions. For example, the Panerai doesn't look anything like what they would have done. (i.e. style and location of date, month/day dials, exposed tourbillon that from the photos doesn't look like a tourbillon, etc.) Again, no disrespect intended, you appear to really like your watches and that is something I completely understand - just suggest you might want to have them looked at.
I take no disrespect, and appreciate your comments
I have ALWAYS bought Breitlings, and Each and EVERY one i have the boxes and receipt for... I TRADED a black faced crosswind for the Panerai, I didnt know much about this watch since i always have Breitlings but the guy I traded has a large watch collection, and is somone i def trust knows what he is talking about.
the collection is mostly Breitling.. and why i posted a pic of the one he doubted with the original box, tag, and warranty card.
along with the back with all the correct markings and showing it is a custom Bentley with diamonds...

i appreciate you pointing out the Panerai to me and will def check that out.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Contributors

i dont know enough about watches to know what is fake or not, but through research i have found that most good replicas come with boxes and warranty cards. the only way to know if it is fake is to take it to an authorized breitling dealer and have them authenticate it.

That is why i bought my watch at an authorized dealer. The replica watch industry is HUGE and many times you cannot tell the difference, and it comes with real boxes and paperwork.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1063842' date='Nov 27 2009, 04:05 PM
i dont know enough about watches to know what is fake or not, but through research i have found that most good replicas come with boxes and warranty cards. the only way to know if it is fake is to take it to an authorized breitling dealer and have them authenticate it.

That is why i bought my watch at an authorized dealer. The replica watch industry is HUGE and many times you cannot tell the difference, and it comes with real boxes and paperwork.
U can tell by the movement, most knockoffs take batteries even though they're knocking off automatics
Old 11-27-2009, 03:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

Originally Posted by skelevirus' post='1063849' date='Nov 27 2009, 07:13 PM
U can tell by the movement, most knockoffs take batteries even though they're knocking off automatics
I have been fascinated by the art of "replicating" watches. Each year they seem to get better and better. It used to be that you could tell by the weight the watch, the movement of the second hand that "ticked" instead of sweeping, or the use of pins instead of screws in the bands. There were all sorts of obvious "tells". Over time they got better. The watch companies come out with "security" features and the counterfeiters copy them. (Hologram stickers, micro etching on the crystal, micro etching of words on the face, etc.) Heck you can get a fake rolex that has the serial number etched in the case under the band...

There are various grades of fakes: Chinese, Japanese, Swiss. Each get better. For instance a high-end fake will have a sapphire crystal, solid (not rolled) steel links on the band and a "quality" swiss movement . Then it goes to a whole new level when people will sell a hybrid that uses some real parts (like a watch case, stuffed with fake parts.)

Oh - and it is not just the new watches. There are now fake vintage watches. People on ebay are even selling fake vintage parts such as vintage rolex faces. These sell for hundreds of dollars just for the face but are now being reproduced to look like the vintage stuff.

Fascinating stuff - However, it stinks when someone sells you a watch for thousands that is worth less than the price of a good dinner and movie.

Quick Reply: Watches