Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

USA is a Banana Republic

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 11:27 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

delete
Old 06-04-2009, 11:33 PM
Contributors

delete
Old 06-04-2009, 11:34 PM
Contributors

delete
Old 06-04-2009, 11:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

and the blame games go on... jeeeesh...
Old 06-04-2009, 11:39 PM
Contributors

delete
Old 06-04-2009, 11:41 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='901518' date='Jun 5 2009, 03:34 AM
...and there is ONLY 1 intelligence community
Bro, don't take this crap seriously - most citizens have no clue what enables their being protected. And then, when smth like 9-11 happens, its just human nature to place the blame on those who are protecting them... again, as opposed to trying to figure out a way to prevent future calamities...

BTW what do yo guys think of Obama's now infamous Cairo University speach? I only saw bits and pieces so far and heard a couple of quotes from some news sources, but haven't listened/read it thoroughly - but I felt it was actually a step in the right direction. So what do you guys think about it?
Old 06-05-2009, 12:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

AWG, your E60 is looking lovely!!!

Ok, the only input I have regarding our economy, the Presidency, 9-11, Osama, Saddam, the Education system and all of the other areas of interest mentioned in this thread (and some not mentioned) is, Live and learn... The reason we are where we are cannot be faulted on 1 person or 1 administration (or even two). America, yes my home sweet home, is full of selfish people. In fact, the entire world is. It perpetuates itself! Do you realize that greed is the reason for most crimes. Greed is nothing more than selfishness. If we were to stop feeding the media and our children and the radio stations with the lie that money and power equals success and happiness then the majority of our problems would be wiped clean in a generation or two. If we were looking the mirror when we pointed our finger then we would realize that all talk and no work equals no work and all talk... We can complain and write letters and gossip and talk all about what should be but nothing will happen until something moves .
There is no single law that can stop any man from committing a crime. It is the individual's desire and will to do wrong, regardless of consequence, or right that defines where we are as a people. "Tonymac, what are you saying?". I am saying we are all so quick to point the finger at, for example, the Presidents (past and present) or the secretary of defense (past and present) or the teachers but never question what we can do. Even deeper, when questioned why don't we step up and do something we say it is out of our league or not our job. I say whomever defends themselves with that is a liar and their breath stinks!

I am not bashing anyone. I am only bringing forth a clich? with a little twist. Two eyes to see more, two ears to hear more, (here's my addition) two hands and two feet to DO more but only one mouth to talk less. The reason teacher's, EMT's (or EMS's), Paramedics, Firemen, Police Officer's, the Soldier's, Airmen, Seamen, and Marines (and all of the such) are paid so little is because we put a bigger price on entertainment then we do life. The very people keeping the athletes and television stars alive are the ones that are treated with less respect are shown that constantly through paychecks and paycuts. It is to them that we owe our lives and future. Not the entertainment industry. We spend millions on games and tell our teachers to suck it up. We pay millions to plastic surgeons (voluntarily) but cannot help a child who is dying of hunger. Oh, our problems are farther then just our economy. We have a moral dilemma. If we all stood for something morally, we would eradicate poverty and hunger and economic downfalls. But it seems we are caught up in our own form of poverty... A poverty of the mind. A poverty that involves us being the victims instead of the victors. A frame of mind that begs for people to see and look at us as the imprisoned ones instead of the FREE. When you look at the rest of the world you will see imprisonment. You will see poverty, economic crisis and a true understanding of what it means to be in a dilemma. My family has felt the constraint of the current economic situation by means of structural reorganization or downsizing. They complain and cry but the only reason they don't have a job currently is because McDonald's is "beneath them". That is where America is at this very moment. Then we talk about the immigrants who are willing to do those jobs... WOW!!!

I believe that the only way to succeed as a race, a people or an individual is to make doing the right thing a part of your life. If everyone helped someone else, what would we need? If we taught our children that success cannot be measured by what car you drive or what kind our suit you wear, but by how many lives you have helped to develop or the positive impact you had on your community then see what your son and daughter will grow up to be.

We talk about our President's. The very people we elect by the very system we instituted. Then I ask people "who would make a better president? The person that can woo you with talk, or the person who is in the country making changes?" The answer is evident with past and present electoral outcomes.

All I am saying is, it really does take a community to raise a child because after 5 or six years, they start to experience the communities answer for things.

Okay, I have said enough... Sorry....
Old 06-05-2009, 12:04 AM
Contributors

You serious bro? I can't read all that ^

j/k - I'll read it
Old 06-05-2009, 12:04 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tonymac' post='901535' date='Jun 5 2009, 04:02 AM
AWG, your E60 is looking lovely!!!

Ok, the only input I have regarding our economy, the Presidency, 9-11, Osama, Saddam, the Education system and all of the other areas of interest mentioned in this thread (and some not mentioned) is, Live and learn... The reason we are where we are cannot be faulted on 1 person or 1 administration (or even two). America, yes my home sweet home, is full of selfish people. In fact, the entire world is. It perpetuates itself! Do you realize that greed is the reason for most crimes. Greed is nothing more than selfishness. If we were to stop feeding the media and our children and the radio stations with the lie that money and power equals success and happiness then the majority of our problems would be wiped clean in a generation or two. If we were looking the mirror when we pointed our finger then we would realize that all talk and no work equals no work and all talk... We can complain and write letters and gossip and talk all about what should be but nothing will happen until something moves .
There is no single law that can stop any man from committing a crime. It is the individual's desire and will to do wrong, regardless of consequence, or right that defines where we are as a people. "Tonymac, what are you saying?". I am saying we are all so quick to point the finger at, for example, the Presidents (past and present) or the secretary of defense (past and present) or the teachers but never question what we can do. Even deeper, when questioned why don't we step up and do something we say it is out of our league or not our job. I say whomever defends themselves with that is a liar and their breath stinks!

I am not bashing anyone. I am only bringing forth a clich? with a little twist. Two eyes to see more, two ears to hear more, (here's my addition) two hands and two feet to DO more but only one mouth to talk less. The reason teacher's, EMT's (or EMS's), Paramedics, Firemen, Police Officer's, the Soldier's, Airmen, Seamen, and Marines (and all of the such) are paid so little is because we put a bigger price on entertainment then we do life. The very people keeping the athletes and television stars alive are the ones that are treated with less respect are shown that constantly through paychecks and paycuts. It is to them that we owe our lives and future. Not the entertainment industry. We spend millions on games and tell our teachers to suck it up. We pay millions to plastic surgeons (voluntarily) but cannot help a child who is dying of hunger. Oh, our problems are farther then just our economy. We have a moral dilemma. If we all stood for something morally, we would eradicate poverty and hunger and economic downfalls. But it seems we are caught up in our own form of poverty... A poverty of the mind. A poverty that involves us being the victims instead of the victors. A frame of mind that begs for people to see and look at us as the imprisoned ones instead of the FREE. When you look at the rest of the world you will see imprisonment. You will see poverty, economic crisis and a true understanding of what it means to be in a dilemma. My family has felt the constraint of the current economic situation by means of structural reorganization or downsizing. They complain and cry but the only reason they don't have a job currently is because McDonald's is "beneath them". That is where America is at this very moment. Then we talk about the immigrants who are willing to do those jobs... WOW!!!

I believe that the only way to succeed as a race, a people or an individual is to make doing the right thing a part of your life. If everyone helped someone else, what would we need? If we taught our children that success cannot be measured by what car you drive or what kind our suit you wear, but by how many lives you have helped to develop or the positive impact you had on your community then see what your son and daughter will grow up to be.

We talk about our President's. The very people we elect by the very system we instituted. Then I ask people "who would make a better president? The person that can woo you with talk, or the person who is in the country making changes?" The answer is evident with past and present electoral outcomes.

All I am saying is, it really does take a community to raise a child because after 5 or six years, they start to experience the communities answer for things.

Okay, I have said enough... Sorry....
repost?
Old 06-05-2009, 12:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='901540' date='Jun 5 2009, 04:04 AM
repost?
actually, you make some valid points. i just dont know you and the story behind reposts. sorry.

Quick Reply: USA is a Banana Republic