Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

US Military Pays $400 A Gallon For Fuel In Afghanistan

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 11:51 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='1039215' date='Oct 24 2009, 03:56 AM
"BetterMakeWay" Later edit: Ok let me put it in another way: Like it or not, let's face it: As the title in a way suggests the US military is a war machine, a money making machine with lots of other implications. But most and foremost it's a money making industry. Truth be told US can't or should not be seen as an invading country, even though it is capable of such a thing, but tons of money are invested in the military industry, money that have to bring a return. Since money is pumped in the war machine, bullets have to be fired from time to time and missiles have to be launched so to avoid overstocking and to further improve R&D. So if some 'existing threats' are not really threats but more or less a pain in the a@@, as was the case of Saddam Hussein which let's be honest wasn't capable in any way to threaten the mighty US, the US military is surely quick on the trigger. The US military has always been seen as the "police of the world" and i don't know if since they are capable of such a thing this gives them right to act as such."BetterMakeWay"
...and what does this have anything to do with American people or residents like you or any other members on this forum?!
Old 10-24-2009, 11:58 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1039102' date='Oct 24 2009, 12:06 AM
Ok, I can understand some of your points, but remember Bush had a low approval rating because most AMERICANS disagreed with his policies. Let us separate the policies of a failed former administration with the general populace. Keep in mind also, that there are NO US military actions, all a soldier can do is follow orders.

Agree 100% but those orders come from somewhere don't they?! So if the men on top decide something despite few Americans really wish for wars, especially those with relatives directly implicated in serving on the battefield then... as you said i had a problem with the "failed former administration". That has nothing to do with people like you or Roger or any other citizen that's not in the very high chain of command.

The generalizations about America and Americans as whole would make me lean towards agreeing with Roger - he is by no means unreasonable. I have not seen previous critical threads, but in this thread (remember it's about $400/gal gas) your opinions of our military are a little off base. As a veteran I can honestly say no one I ever met in the military relished going into combat. If there were some they were either suicidal or Marines
Again my argument was not with the people that take orders, but with the orders of those who give them!
Sorry i cannot be more clear than this! Hope everyone understands, even our pal here Roger!
To conclude i think i said what i wanted to say, just hope my English is good enough for some people...
Old 10-24-2009, 12:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='1039649' date='Oct 24 2009, 03:51 PM
...and what does this have anything to do with American people or residents like you or any other members on this forum?!
You said to stop spreading BS. I agree. I was just reposting your BS.

And here is another comment of yours... that is about the administration... and not a generalization about the US or it's citizens. https://5series.net/forums/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1037520
Old 10-24-2009, 01:21 PM
Senior Members

Question

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='1039682' date='Oct 24 2009, 11:50 PM
You said to stop spreading BS. I agree. I was just reposting your BS.

And here is another comment of yours... that is about the administration... and not a generalization about the US or it's citizens. https://5series.net/forums/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1037520
Man you need to chill...seriously. Do you think that by referring to the US i am really referring to each and every one citizen????

Since when citizens are really directly involved in how the country is run? Except for the elections the average citizen has little thing to say.

Really now, your way of thinking (or lack of for that matter) is really astonishing. Don't you find odd that no one else took offense in what i said????

PS: I will try to look for the movie in question. I found it very weak and annoying but wanted to bring it up as i think it was funny considering the situation presented in that topic.

Anyway i'm done arguing with you. Too much vodka right now anyway.

Peace out!
Andrei
Old 10-28-2009, 12:09 PM
Senior Members

Well I guess I'll stir the $hitPot.

1. Guys in my unit don't care why we are there, we just protect the guy to the left and to the right and try to make it home alive and in one peice.
2. We don't give a crap what you think, cause you're at home crying about what the goverment pays for gas, but you won't get off your @$$ and do anything about it.
3. I'm all for paying less for gas, and just turning the whole place (Iraq, Afgan) into a glass parking lot. We have a stockpile of nukes just gathering dust on the racks.
4. If we did nuke them. There are 2 things that would happen.
4a. The rest of the world would think less of us... (ho nos, not that)
4b. People on some E60 forum would express their opinon of hate towards the US and thier actions. (again... oh nos)

That about covers it.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:12 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by JETBLACK530I' post='1039230' date='Oct 23 2009, 07:16 PM
We are the Presidents own. We are the only American Fighting Force that the Presidents can do what ever he wants to without any notice to congress. That is why we are Called First to Fight.
Not since Greneda buddy, ever since then USAF Pararescue have been the first troops on the ground. Rule of thumb: If there's American aircraft overhead, there's PJ's down below.........somewhere
Old 10-28-2009, 12:16 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1042163' date='Oct 28 2009, 03:12 PM
Not since Greneda buddy, ever since then USAF Pararescue have been the first troops on the ground. Rule of thumb: If there's American aircraft overhead, there's PJ's down below.........somewhere
Dude, you're compairing a handfull of trigger pullers to the USMC?
Seriously?
Old 10-28-2009, 12:24 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Audi_Eatter' post='1042168' date='Oct 28 2009, 01:16 PM
Dude, you're compairing a handfull of trigger pullers to the USMC?
Seriously?
When those "trigger pullers" are as good as we were - abso-friggin-lutely BTW, this isn't a pissing contest, the original statement was more of a joke. My cousin was a Marine, and that "first in" stuff was funny. Anyways, we all have a job to do and most of us did it well, regardless of the branch.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:19 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1042175' date='Oct 28 2009, 03:24 PM
When those "trigger pullers" are as good as we were - abso-friggin-lutely BTW, this isn't a pissing contest, the original statement was more of a joke. My cousin was a Marine, and that "first in" stuff was funny. Anyways, we all have a job to do and most of us did it well, regardless of the branch.
I don't see alot of you guys in any movies like I do other groups.... Bwwaaahhaaa
Old 10-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Audi_Eatter' post='1042227' date='Oct 28 2009, 02:19 PM
I don't see alot of you guys in any movies like I do other groups.... Bwwaaahhaaa

When has the Air Force ever advertised PJ's? Only recently in the commercials, and even then you never see/hear the word Pararescue only military knows. As long as we don't have any Univ. of Texas mass murderers I am good.