Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

US Military Pays $400 A Gallon For Fuel In Afghanistan

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009 | 01:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='1037809' date='Oct 21 2009, 10:09 PM
Is that for 93 Octane?
AH, back to the topic, thanks

sixcard
Old 10-22-2009 | 01:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

"I'm gonna go get the paper get the paper"

And no, C, that's 400 for a gallon of 76 octane. 93 is like at least 600 per gallon. That's right, buddy, who wants to do an M5 meet in Kabul? Huh?
Old 10-22-2009 | 09:07 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='1037783' date='Oct 22 2009, 04:37 AM
Also the surprise attack of the Japanese still remains a dilemma.
So the surprise attack that destroyed a majority of US naval power, (who at the time, as you contend, were neutral), was and is a dilemma.... not a threat to American freedom?
Yes for me it's still a question of why. Why would a country, almost half way across the globe, a tiny country compared to the US, want to aggress a neutral country capable of retaliation 1000x more powerful than any initial damage they could muster. After all they sensed the wrath and fury of the US military with Hiroshima and Nagasaki, being the only country in history that was attacked by nuclear weapons, meaning the US being the only country in history to use nuclear bombs. If that reason pointed earlier makes sense to you...i rest my case.

the US military is a war machine, a money making machine with lots of other implications. But most and foremost it's a money making industry. Truth be told US can't or should not be seen as an invading country, even though it is capable of such a thing, but tons of money are invested in the military industry, money that have to bring a return.
If you made any sense here I would comment but we'll just let the readers decide.
I think many readers understood very well my dear friend, it's either your inability or ignorance the most probable causes for your lack of understanding things. PS: Many readers that are not native English speakers
bullets have to be fired from time to time and missiles have to be launched so to avoid overstocking and to further improve R&D. So if some 'existing threats' are not really threats but more or less a pain in the a@@,
You're absolutely right. I am all for test-firing on pain in the a@@, uneducated, US bashing, non-threats.
You see that's exactly the kind of attitude that brings so much hate and despise towards the US military and the government. But i guess in your ignorance you couldn't care less, Mr. Bang Bang.
Old 10-22-2009 | 09:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='1037783' date='Oct 21 2009, 06:37 PM
bullets have to be fired from time to time and missiles have to be launched so to avoid overstocking and to further improve R&D. So if some 'existing threats' are not really threats but more or less a pain in the a@@,
You're absolutely right. I am all for test-firing on pain in the a@@, uneducated, US bashing, non-threats.

I am not sure about this Roger, sure before combat most in the military are gung ho. It becomes different when you are actually there and the need to take a life presents itself. Speaking as someone who has had to take lives to save my teammates and my own then I can tell you ti was done out of necessity not out of machismo. The main reason for the discipline instilled in the military is so that they don't unleash psycho killers on the civilian populations around the world. Most of the time we were under orders not to fire unless fired upon - which takes a great deal of restraint, believe me.

Yes, bullets have to be fired and missiles have to be launched, however, that is the reason we have ranges. To practice all we want.
Old 10-23-2009 | 08:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1038257' date='Oct 22 2009, 01:20 PM
I am not sure about this Roger, sure before combat most in the military are gung ho. It becomes different when you are actually there and the need to take a life presents itself. Speaking as someone who has had to take lives to save my teammates and my own then I can tell you ti was done out of necessity not out of machismo. The main reason for the discipline instilled in the military is so that they don't unleash psycho killers on the civilian populations around the world. Most of the time we were under orders not to fire unless fired upon - which takes a great deal of restraint, believe me.

Yes, bullets have to be fired and missiles have to be launched, however, that is the reason we have ranges. To practice all we want.
Abosultely agree! My father is Vietnam Vet and has never fully resolved all of his issues. He has worked as a Veterans Representative for the State of Michigan for the past 14 years.

My response to BetterMakeWay was a sarcastic reply to his ridiculous assertion that the US initiates wars and conflicts because they have to test weaponry and use up supplies to make way for new technologies. BetterMakeWay has a history here of badmouthing the US and making gross misguided assumptions about our country and it's residents. Search his posts and you will see what I mean.
Old 10-23-2009 | 11:33 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='1038893' date='Oct 23 2009, 07:11 PM
... BetterMakeWay has a history here of badmouthing the US and making gross misguided assumptions about our country and it's residents. Search his posts and you will see what I mean.
about it's rezidents?!? Dude you are really LOKO Please provide facts or take a walk! :thumbsdown:

The only problem i had (notice i used past tense) was with some of the US politics and external affairs during the Bush administration. Hope Obama will do better as it seems he got off with a better start from that perspective.

And since when it's forbidden to badmouth or express a different opinion towards subjects like gun control or external affairs or some US military actions?!? Dude your attitude of no tolerance towards others' ideas or thoughts looks more like a communist behavior. :thumbsdown: This is another reason why you, in particular, will never learn anything.

0 tolerance !!!! :thumbsdown:

PS: I pray people like you never reach leadership positions, in any democratic country.

PSS: Stop spreading BS!
Old 10-23-2009 | 12:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Roger J for prez! PJ for VP! 2012 I'm getting tshirts made
Old 10-23-2009 | 01:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='1039033' date='Oct 23 2009, 12:33 PM
about it's rezidents?!? Dude you are really LOKO Please provide facts or take a walk! :thumbsdown:

The only problem i had (notice i used past tense) was with some of the US politics and external affairs during the Bush administration. Hope Obama will do better as it seems he got off with a better start from that perspective.

And since when it's forbidden to badmouth or express a different opinion towards subjects like gun control or external affairs or some US military actions?!? Dude your attitude of no tolerance towards others' ideas or thoughts looks more like a communist behavior. :thumbsdown: This is another reason why you, in particular, will never learn anything.

PS: I pray people like you never reach leadership positions, in any democratic country.

Ok, I can understand some of your points, but remember Bush had a low approval rating because most AMERICANS disagreed with his policies. Let us separate the policies of a failed former administration with the general populace. Keep in mind also, that there are NO US military actions, all a soldier can do is follow orders.

The generalizations about America and Americans as whole would make me lean towards agreeing with Roger - he is by no means unreasonable. I have not seen previous critical threads, but in this thread (remember it's about $400/gal gas) your opinions of our military are a little off base. As a veteran I can honestly say no one I ever met in the military relished going into combat. If there were some they were either suicidal or Marines
Old 10-23-2009 | 04:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='1039033' date='Oct 23 2009, 03:33 PM

"BetterMakeWay" Later edit: Ok let me put it in another way: Like it or not, let's face it: As the title in a way suggests the US military is a war machine, a money making machine with lots of other implications. But most and foremost it's a money making industry. Truth be told US can't or should not be seen as an invading country, even though it is capable of such a thing, but tons of money are invested in the military industry, money that have to bring a return. Since money is pumped in the war machine, bullets have to be fired from time to time and missiles have to be launched so to avoid overstocking and to further improve R&D. So if some 'existing threats' are not really threats but more or less a pain in the a@@, as was the case of Saddam Hussein which let's be honest wasn't capable in any way to threaten the mighty US, the US military is surely quick on the trigger. The US military has always been seen as the "police of the world" and i don't know if since they are capable of such a thing this gives them right to act as such."BetterMakeWay"
Old 10-23-2009 | 06:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 jet black 530I, M-tech body kit, ac shnitzer roof and trunk spoiler. kelleners sport exhaust and pully kit on its way from germany.

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1036313
Funny, as i thought the war in Afghanistan was more about the freedom of the locals from the suppressors as the war in Iraq was about to "free the Iraqi people" of Saddam's evil regime.

In the US history i don't remember of a single act of war that would threaten the freedom of the US citizens.

Having said all that i wouldn't really bother too much if i were an American citizen as i think the war in Iraq has provided some relative but very real 'fruits of war'. Too bad for the cost of lives !!
The war in Afghanistan started the day after 911. We went there because the towers fell, the terrorist in that Country were the ones that planned it. Well on 911 I think that was a good example of an attack on American Freedom.

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1039102' date='Oct 23 2009, 02:06 PM
Ok, I can understand some of your points, but remember Bush had a low approval rating because most AMERICANS disagreed with his policies. Let us separate the policies of a failed former administration with the general populace. Keep in mind also, that there are NO US military actions, all a soldier can do is follow orders.

The generalizations about America and Americans as whole would make me lean towards agreeing with Roger - he is by no means unreasonable. I have not seen previous critical threads, but in this thread (remember it's about $400/gal gas) your opinions of our military are a little off base. As a veteran I can honestly say no one I ever met in the military relished going into combat. If there were some they were either suicidal or Marines
We are the Presidents own. We are the only American Fighting Force that the Presidents can do what ever he wants to without any notice to congress. That is why we are Called First to Fight.

Quick Reply: US Military Pays $400 A Gallon For Fuel In Afghanistan