Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

U.S. Election

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 02:55 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Oct 14 2004, 03:44 PM
[quote name='530E60NL' date='Oct 14 2004, 03:42 PM']Kerry used Edwards daughter by saying that she is a lesbian and that is okay.. C'mon people we all know there are homosexual people and they are just as normal as we all are but the love their own sex..

If that is the way by "winning" an election I cannot imagine anybody voting at all..
[snapback]44887[/snapback]
I assume you mean Kerry using Chaney's daughter. But you're right, those kind of comments about someones family (and Edwards has done the same!) have no place in this election.
[snapback]44890[/snapback]
[/quote]

Cheney has said he has no problem with his daughter's sexual preference, in fact he gave it as one of his reasons he is against a constitutional amedment banning gay marriage, which Bush is for. He meant no disrespect to her or Cheney.
Old 10-14-2004, 03:05 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Oct 14 2004, 03:39 PM
Have to agree, Bush and Kerry are both talking heads.? This election for me is not about choosing what is best for America, unfortunately it is about choosing the lesser of two evils (and I don't mean either of them is evil!).? Both of the candidates throw out lies and falsehoods about each other and what there "plans" will do for the country.? After being a dedicated Republican for my entire voting life, I'm am decidely in the Independent camp now.? But don't get too excited Member545, that doesn't mean Kerry has my vote either!
[snapback]44883[/snapback]

I really think Kerry can make a difference. Bush is completely pro-business. He has rolled back hundreds of EPA regulations including how much arsenic is "acceptable" in drinking water to allow mining companies to continue to pollute. There are hundreds of other examples. http://www.sierraclub.org/politics/

He has no commitment at all to renewable energy, I think if Gore had been in office we would have been much further down the road to energy independence.

Besides the fact that the Republicans control the House, Senate, Executive and Legislative branches. That's how he was "elected" in the first place...

And I don't even want to thing about the tax cuts and how he is trying to buy votes.
Old 10-14-2004, 03:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Not sure I believe that Member545, but that's beside the point. Kerry could have (and should have!) made his point about Bush's stance on homosexuality without bringing Chaney's daughter into it. All he has to point to is Bush's stance on gay marrige and take it fro there...
Old 10-14-2004, 03:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

can't disagree about some of the EPA regulations Member545, but say that Bush is trying "buy" votes with his tax cuts! Please, what does that say about Kerry's stand on keeping those tax cuts for anyone making less than $200,000. Sounds like the same attempt to "buy" votes to me.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:29 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Oct 14 2004, 05:08 PM
can't disagree about some of the EPA regulations Member545, but say that Bush is trying "buy" votes with his tax cuts!? Please, what does that say about Kerry's stand on keeping those tax cuts for anyone making less than $200,000.? Sounds like the same attempt to "buy" votes to me.
[snapback]44930[/snapback]

When I got the $400 check in the mail, it said on it, brought to you by President Bush. That seemed like a bribe, especially since it was really a credit on next years refund. What really hurts is firehouses that are closing, the teachers getting laid off, school programs being cut. Kerry can't possibly say he will take back the tax cuts for those under $200K/year that doesn't fly politically, and it is not where most of the tax cuts were anyway.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:51 PM
Senior Members

Sorry I've been busy. I am quite proud/ashamed my thread was closed. Once again Iceman beat me to it (Foglights).
Member - I am not going to try and point out the reams of evidence of why I feel W should remain President. I can tell from your replies ("elected") that you, like the majority of people who will vote for JFK, dislike Bush. JFK is just the Dem nominee and you would vote for anyone who was, just because he is not Bush. JFK has been on both sides of most issues including the war - Vietnam oh, I meant Iraq. If he had the guts to admit that he is an unabashed liberal, like Howard Dean did, then I would respect but still dislike him. W will tell you exactly where he stands and rarely wavers or waffles and some might say this is one of his major faults. All I can say is not one American has died on our soil from a terrorist attack since 9/11. I'd rather our courageous armed forces fight them in Iraq then have civilians killed in downtown Boston.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:08 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gmartin' date='Oct 14 2004, 08:51 PM
Sorry I've been busy. I am quite proud/ashamed my thread was closed. Once again Iceman beat me to it (Foglights).
Member - I am not going to try and point out the reams of evidence of why I feel W should remain President. I can tell from your replies ("elected") that you, like the majority of people who will vote for JFK, dislike Bush. JFK is just the Dem nominee and you would vote for anyone who was,? just because he is not Bush.? JFK has been on both sides of most issues including the war - Vietnam oh, I meant Iraq. If he had the guts to admit that he is an unabashed liberal, like Howard Dean did, then I would respect but still dislike him.? W will tell you exactly where he stands and rarely wavers or waffles and some might say this is one of his major faults. All I can say is not one American has died on our soil from a terrorist attack since 9/11. I'd rather our courageous armed forces fight them in Iraq then have civilians killed in downtown Boston.
[snapback]44961[/snapback]
Like I said, I know people that are firmly in the Bush camp won't be swayed by an avatar or signature, or anything I have to say for that matter, and I am sure you don't think you will change my mind. But for those that are for Kerry it is an easy way to find events to help the campain. I am very strongly opposed to Bush. And I honestly think he went about the whole war on terror the wrong way. It appears that Bush has linked Sept 11th and Iraq for you. But we all know that Iraq was not connected to 9/11. Like I also said earlier, I do not feel safe. I think it is only a matter of time before something else happens and I don't want to feel again the way I did on Sept 11th. I lost a high school friend that was a firefighter in the Twin Towers. My brother was covered in ash when the buildings collapsed as he was running for his life.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:22 PM
Senior Members

Member I feel sorry for your loss. I don't think anyone feels that Saddam was directly involved in 9/11(including Bush), but his regime, after the Taliban and maybe Iran, was the most safest haven for terrorists. Remember the 30k USD he gave to each Palestinian suicide bomber? Abu Nidal? The airplane fuselage at Salman Pak? Al Zawahari was their prior to the invasion and is still there today. You are right - we are not safe and may never be and unfortunately we will be hit again regardless of who is president. These people respect only strength and that is what we must show them. Again better there than here.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:23 PM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by Member545' date='Oct 14 2004, 10:08 PM
Like I said, I know people that are firmly in the Bush camp won't be swayed by an avatar or signature
[snapback]44967[/snapback]
Then kill it and quit trying to do something with the forum that is beyone the purpose.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Touch?, JDN!

Quick Reply: U.S. Election