Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

U.S. Election

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 09:59 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Instead of continuing the off-topic in the main forum, I thought it best to start a new one here. I know the presidential race is very close in the U.S., but I feel is the most important race in my lifetime. JDN, I also know most people have already made up their mind, but for those that are for Kerry I wanted to make it easier for them to help the campaign. I am not trying to start a flame war with my signature or avatar.

Qmartin, I am not sure if you were asking a rhetorical question when you asked how Kerry can wage an effective war given his voting record, but I am attaching the answer. As an aside, Dick Cheney was against the same weapon systems when he was Secretary of Defense under the first Bush. I have never felt as unsafe as I do with Bush at the helm. It was just on the news this morning that the IAEA has detected massive amounts of nuclear refining equipment missing in Iraq, all this equipment was tagged and under wraps before the invasion, now it is most likely on the black market. This is an effective war?

Peace!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
pr_2004_0924_2.pdf (112.7 KB, 72 views)
Old 10-14-2004, 11:38 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

What's the thread in the main forum?

I try not to get into politics because its all nonsense. We won't know whats right and wrong until 50 years down the road. Both of them are evil. Vote Nader! (kidding) LOL
Old 10-14-2004, 12:15 PM
Senior Members

^^^Define "evil" and what specifically led you to that conclusion?
Old 10-14-2004, 01:02 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Lomag' date='Oct 14 2004, 01:38 PM
What's the thread in the main forum?

[snapback]44794[/snapback]

It was this one http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=3403&st=30
Old 10-14-2004, 01:27 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

Thanks. I closed it -- dont want others replying.

Thanks for bringing it into the Louge though and not continuing the discussion there.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

To be honest (Fridaynights are the most honest moments for me). I personally don't believe anything will change if Kerry or Bush becomes or stays president..

Both aren't showing the country the right way.. the people behind them do and those are the guys we should look at and US people should decide their vote for..
Old 10-14-2004, 01:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Have to agree, Bush and Kerry are both talking heads. This election for me is not about choosing what is best for America, unfortunately it is about choosing the lesser of two evils (and I don't mean either of them is evil!). Both of the candidates throw out lies and falsehoods about each other and what there "plans" will do for the country. After being a dedicated Republican for my entire voting life, I'm am decidely in the Independent camp now. But don't get too excited Member545, that doesn't mean Kerry has my vote either!
Old 10-14-2004, 01:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Kerry used Edwards daughter by saying that she is a lesbian and that is okay.. C'mon people we all know there are homosexual people and they are just as normal as we all are but the love their own sex..

If that is the way by "winning" an election I cannot imagine anybody voting at all..
Old 10-14-2004, 01:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Oct 14 2004, 03:42 PM
Kerry used Edwards daughter by saying that she is a lesbian and that is okay.. C'mon people we all know there are homosexual people and they are just as normal as we all are but the love their own sex..

If that is the way by "winning" an election I cannot imagine anybody voting at all..
[snapback]44887[/snapback]
I assume you mean Kerry using Chaney's daughter. But you're right, those kind of comments about someones family (and Edwards has done the same!) have no place in this election.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Oct 14 2004, 03:44 PM
[quote name='530E60NL' date='Oct 14 2004, 03:42 PM']Kerry used Edwards daughter by saying that she is a lesbian and that is okay.. C'mon people we all know there are homosexual people and they are just as normal as we all are but the love their own sex..

[snapback]44887[/snapback]
I assume you mean Kerry using Chaney's daughter. But you're right, those kind of comments about someones family (and Edwards has done the same!) have no place in this election.
[snapback]44890[/snapback]
[/quote]

Sorry.. I'm not to good in names.. But it is what I meant..

Quick Reply: U.S. Election