Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Traffic ticket cost in California

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 08:07 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i / Black Sapphire Metallic / 6spd. manual / Sports package

Need some help....

I just got ticketed this morning for 'Failure To Obey Traffic Sign' today (code 61.4.10TME). I got along well with the officer and he was really cool with me (we even chatted and I invited him to my business . I was supposed to get a 55 in 35 zone, but he was lenient and just cited me for an infraction for the Failure To Obey Traffic Sign (which is not a moving violation and doesn't count on my insurance or driving record).

Does anyone know how much this 'roughly' costs in So.Cal? I know it really depends on the jurisdiction, etc., but just a rough idea since I've never had a ticket in my life before.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by superhung' post='497277' date='Nov 21 2007, 01:07 PM
Need some help....

I just got ticketed this morning for 'Failure To Obey Traffic Sign' today (code 61.4.10TME). I got along well with the officer and he was really cool with me (we even chatted and I invited him to my business . I was supposed to get a 55 in 35 zone, but he was lenient and just cited me for an infraction for the Failure To Obey Traffic Sign (which is not a moving violation and doesn't count on my insurance or driving record).

Does anyone know how much this 'roughly' costs in So.Cal? I know it really depends on the jurisdiction, etc., but just a rough idea since I've never had a ticket in my life before.
Are you sure that "Failure to Obey A Traffic Sign" isn't a moving violation? You might want to check into to that a little further, a traffic sign is used for vehicles in motion making it a moving violation. The fine may be less but I think it is a moving violation and will count on insurance and your record. I could be wrong.... Good Luck
Old 11-21-2007, 09:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Time to ask the g/f for a V1 for Christmas.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:35 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i / Black Sapphire Metallic / 6spd. manual / Sports package

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='497324' date='Nov 21 2007, 10:29 AM
Time to ask the g/f for a V1 for Christmas.
....Hell yes.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 530i Color: Jet Black/Black Anthracite STEP | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 EXTERIOR: M-Tech Kit | M5 Mirrors, Trunk Finisher | Jet Black Kidney Surrounds | Madico Charcool Tint 54%, 35% LIGHTING: Euro-Headlights | Euro-LCI Tail Lights | AiB V3.0 | Solaris Invisi-bulbs | OEM LED Plate Lights PERFORMANCE: Porterfield R4-S Brake Pads | K&N Air Filter WHEELS & SUSPENSION: Work VS-XX 20x9, 20x10 | Toyo T1R 245/30/20, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 295/25/20 | KW V2 Coilovers | Rogue Engineering 15mm Spacers

Sorry to hear about your ticket Patrick, but DRANGED is correct. Failure to stop at a STOP sign is a moving violation. An infraction means you don't get any jail time and it's not a criminal offense. Luckily he didn't hit you with a double whammy on the speeding though. Not sure how much it's gonna cost ya, but good luck!
Old 11-21-2007, 09:37 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='497310' date='Nov 21 2007, 09:55 AM
Are you sure that "Failure to Obey A Traffic Sign" isn't a moving violation? You might want to check into to that a little further, a traffic sign is used for vehicles in motion making it a moving violation. The fine may be less but I think it is a moving violation and will count on insurance and your record. I could be wrong.... Good Luck
That's what I was thinking too, but the officer specifically told me that it would not count on my driving record or insurance and that it doesn't count as a moving violation. I don't really care about the fines, just don't want any points on my record as I've been a good boy all these years
Old 11-21-2007, 09:43 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by KnIgHtCoM' post='497336' date='Nov 21 2007, 10:37 AM
Sorry to hear about your ticket Patrick, but DRANGED is correct. Failure to stop at a STOP sign is a moving violation. An infraction means you don't get any jail time and it's not a criminal offense. Luckily he didn't hit you with a double whammy on the speeding though. Not sure how much it's gonna cost ya, but good luck!
Damn Ryan, don't ruin my Thanksgiving holiday man! ....But like I mentioned above, the officer specifically mentioned that it would not count as a 'moving violation' and also mentioned that it would not count on my driving record or insurance. He was very specific about this. If it did count, I'm guessing he would've mentioned something about traffic school, etc.?

As for the 'Failure To Obey Sign', I didn't disobey any Stop signs or lights as there were none. I was actually rushing to make an appointment and the cop was hiding in an alley when I passed his spot. He pulled me over and mentioned that I was speeding, but then came back and told me he would not give me a ticket and we just chatted for a bit and I was on my way. He did mention to make sure and pay the citation by the date listed so that I could get it cleared (?)
Old 11-21-2007, 09:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 530i Color: Jet Black/Black Anthracite STEP | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 EXTERIOR: M-Tech Kit | M5 Mirrors, Trunk Finisher | Jet Black Kidney Surrounds | Madico Charcool Tint 54%, 35% LIGHTING: Euro-Headlights | Euro-LCI Tail Lights | AiB V3.0 | Solaris Invisi-bulbs | OEM LED Plate Lights PERFORMANCE: Porterfield R4-S Brake Pads | K&N Air Filter WHEELS & SUSPENSION: Work VS-XX 20x9, 20x10 | Toyo T1R 245/30/20, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 295/25/20 | KW V2 Coilovers | Rogue Engineering 15mm Spacers

Originally Posted by superhung' post='497340
As for the 'Failure To Obey Sign', I didn't disobey any Stop signs or lights as there were none. I was actually rushing to make an appointment and the cop was hiding in an alley when I passed his spot. He pulled me over and mentioned that I was speeding, but then came back and told me he would not give me a ticket and we just chatted for a bit and I was on my way. He did mention to make sure and pay the citation by the date listed so that I could get it cleared (?)
Looks like you edited your previous post. Yeah, I think your good then. He sited you for failure to obey the traffic sign (i.e. speed limit). Sorry to make you shart your pants dude! Next time be more specific!
Old 11-21-2007, 09:50 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by KnIgHtCoM' post='497341' date='Nov 21 2007, 10:46 AM
Haha... sorry dude! Didn't mean to burst your holiday bubble, but call the courts. The # should be on the back of your ticket. They will be able to answer all your questions.
Yeah man, the turkey ain't gonna taste so good now because of you
Old 11-21-2007, 10:03 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by KnIgHtCoM' post='497341' date='Nov 21 2007, 10:46 AM
Haha... sorry dude! Didn't mean to burst your holiday bubble, but call the courts. The # should be on the back of your ticket. They will be able to answer all your questions.

Looks like you edited your previous post. Yeah, I think your good then. He sited you for failure to obey the traffic sign (i.e. speed limit). Sorry to make you shart your pants dude! Next time be more specific!
Dude, I was trying to be more specific but you reply too fast. j/p....Yeah, my gut feeling is that he's going to just write it off on his end and I just have to pay the fees (whatever it might be). We got along so well I was about to ask him to lunch

Quick Reply: Traffic ticket cost in California