Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

The Time has Come

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by grogan545' post='318582
Should have gone for the carbon fibre sports upgrade.
Depending on how much metal the doctors put in your hip,you may have gained weight!!!
[/quote]

Maybe the gave him a lowered sports hip what makes him faster.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Hi Guys:

Thanks for all the fun with the racing (at worst unsafe and legal, of course) thoughts. I do weight 2 lbs more than before the surgery--despite watching what I eat so that I can dump 10 lbs pretty quickly. So, despite the "space-age" materials employed my 1/4 times may be significantly increased. Before surgery, I told my Dr. that I really needed to know very little. So, I have little info about my new hip--ball and socket. Afterwards, I have become more curious. I know that I got some combination of the items shown beginning here. I will find out what I have specifically at my two week check up. I improve truely by leaps and bounds every day. The only thing holding me back from full-weight bearning walking is some significant muscle soreness arising from the implantation trauma.

Originally Posted by 525dse' post='316728' date='Jul 29 2006, 03:20 PM
Znod- Great to hear it went very well. I only just checked out this thread, sorry. I wish you a very speedy recovery How do you find being at home all day? some people would love it, I know people who don't take it easy.

Phil.
Given my job, I am home most of the time. I love my job, which I think is the best in the world, and being home so much. Let's just say that I have learned to do what I do very efficiently over the years and really don't need to put in many actual hours. I am paid for product, not hours. Retirement is hard for me to think about because I make such good $ for the value provided, not the hours provided.

I hesitate to say more because of some the nut-cases on the web. I have been harassed by two people on the forum, and I don't trust anyone that behaves that way enough to every want to encounter them. But, I truely have the best of all worlds.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Arrived 3 June 2005: 2005 545i - Orient Blue, Black interior, Sport, Steptronic, Cold Weather, NAV, Sirius, Logic7, Comfort Seats, Sunshades. What a glorious ride!

Originally Posted by Znod' post='318911' date='Aug 4 2006, 10:28 AM
Hi Guys:

Thanks for all the fun with the racing (at worst unsafe and legal, of course) thoughts. I do weight 2 lbs more than before the surgery--despite watching what I eat so that I can dump 10 lbs pretty quickly. So, despite the "space-age" materials employed my 1/4 times may be significantly increased. Before surgery, I told my Dr. that I really needed to know very little. So, I have little info about my new hip--ball and socket. Afterwards, I have become more curious. I know that I got some combination of the items shown beginning here. I will find out what I have specifically at my two week check up. I improve truely by leaps and bounds every day. The only thing holding me back from full-weight bearning walking is some significant muscle soreness arising from the implantation trauma.
My biggest concern is that, as an e60 lover and member of this message board, you will become bored with your titanium hip joints and start asking other board members if "you should replace them with 21's."
Old 08-12-2006, 09:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by MaxBuck' post='319974' date='Aug 7 2006, 06:29 PM
My biggest concern is that, as an e60 lover and member of this message board, you will become bored with your titanium hip joints and start asking other board members if "you should replace them with 21's."

Hi Friends:

Yo. This post will be my last update. I am doing extraordinarily well. Before two weeks, home physical therapy discharged me and agreed with me that a cane was sufficient--and, I could walk some without a cane; by two weeks, I could walk very well in and outside our house without a cane, but I will use the cane, carrying it most of the time, when we are out and about for a while; and I am driving again, but avoiding the manual for a while.

Most of us are going to have some down times. I can't emphasize enough how important it is to be in shape, before a significant surgery, etc., regardless of age, but perhaps somewhat more importantly as one ages. And, being in shape, including being at a healthy weight, will make your 5er go faster and handle better.

an, ya, all th hoverounds and pwer chairs bes wtch out now. dudes, hav i said how much i luv my cr an how i keep havin 2 run to the bthroom cuz of my citement win i whip onea dem.? Thnx 4 ala wel wishes agin.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:43 PM
Contributors

Surely this will be my last update. But, I am excited. I am flying. It's beem about 2 1/2 weeks, and I have no need for the cane. I can do everything around the house better than I used to except climb stairs will be a little harder for a short while--and remember I was highly ambulatory and had no extreme pain before. I am taking pretty long walks and am back at the gym for upper body. I have only a small amount of muscle soreness remainiing. Amazing!!! I have far exceeded my own very very high original expectations. I take the cane with me when we go out and about and sort of use it if I am in a crowd. Now, if I could just do without the white surgical stockings, then .... But, no, I'll wear them for the specified 3 1/2 more weeks. Yiiippppeeee, and Yeeehhhhaaaaaaaaa.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:23 PM
Senior Members

That's great to hear about the condition of your recovery. I am amazed you didn't ask for a pink surgical stocking No, seriously, keep taking it easy and enjoy this, I'm sure, much needed time to slow down.

*EDIT*

Oh! And since you proclaimed a last posting, no need to reply.