Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Thoughts on Oregon V Boise??

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 12:27 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i Black/ Smoked LED side markers/ CF kidney Grille/ Shadowline Trim/Miro 346 V2/General Exclaim 19"/CF Badges/H&R Sport Springs/ Koni FSD shocks/struts/R1 Concepts Drilled & Slotted Rotors/ Hawk Pads/ Mtec V2 lights/

Did this kid Blount just react to some one trash talking after a game, or is he out of control? And how much control should we expect from college players who are not yet profesionals...?
Old 09-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by gbaty0001' post='998652' date='Sep 4 2009, 01:27 PM
Did this kid Blount just react to some one trash talking after a game, or is he out of control? And how much control should we expect from college players who are not yet profesionals...?

More restraint should've been used. That kid needs to be suspended. We should expect more because problems start young, imagine this fool in the NFL? That crappy attitude AND a ton of $$$$? No, he doesn't deserve to play anymore, part of being a champion is knowing how to win AND lose with dignity.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i Black/ Smoked LED side markers/ CF kidney Grille/ Shadowline Trim/Miro 346 V2/General Exclaim 19"/CF Badges/H&R Sport Springs/ Koni FSD shocks/struts/R1 Concepts Drilled & Slotted Rotors/ Hawk Pads/ Mtec V2 lights/

very tru the commish in the NFL doesnt play games. So how long should this kid be suspended? Kicked off the team?
Old 09-04-2009, 12:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)
Thumbs down

It's a perfect example of both a Bad Winner and a Bad Loser!!
Old 09-04-2009, 12:40 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by gbaty0001' post='998662' date='Sep 4 2009, 01:38 PM
very tru the commish in the NFL doesnt play games. So how long should this kid be suspended? Kicked off the team?
If I'm coach he get's kicked off, keeping him there sets a bad precedent that inexcusable behavior is allowed. Besides, he will probably face criminal charges and aren't there enough criminals already IN the NFL?
Old 09-04-2009, 02:00 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Last I heard, the Boise State player who taunted the Oregon player won't get anything except some sort of counseling from his coach.

The second he "touched" the Oregon player he deserved that cheap shot. I think the Oregon player deserves a suspension for trying to fight with the fans, but I don't think he should get kicked off the team. Unfortunately, if any charges are pressed he almost certainly will be.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:51 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pukka' post='998784' date='Sep 4 2009, 05:00 PM
Last I heard, the Boise State player who taunted the Oregon player won't get anything except some sort of counseling from his coach.

The second he "touched" the Oregon player he deserved that cheap shot. I think the Oregon player deserves a suspension for trying to fight with the fans, but I don't think he should get kicked off the team. Unfortunately, if any charges are pressed he almost certainly will be.
no one EVER deserves a sucker punch. I cant believe you would validate a sucker punch with what the Boise State player did. The Boise State player was a dbag for doing that. Win with some class and shut up, your play did the talking.

I think the Oregon player should get suspended the entire year. I understand the heat of the moment but the way he reacted AFTER the sucker punch was what pissed me off more than anything. You sucker punch someone with your helmet on, and basically run away like your tough?!? Then had to be dragged off the field by his coaches, teammates, and cops. He was parading around like he was a bad ass, waiting for another player or fan to challenge him. He isnt sorry, he is a piece of shit. Come to find out this jackass was suspended by his own coach before this regular season. No more chances, Maurice Clarrett got multiple chances and look where it landed him....in the nfl for about 38 mins, then in jail.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:13 PM
Members

My Ride: Silver Grey 2007 530i

Originally Posted by pukka' post='998784' date='Sep 4 2009, 03:00 PM

Re-watch the tape. It was a slap to the shoulder pads - something that's commonly done in football. No one deserves a punch for that. Blount should be kicked off the team, and if Kelly had any balls he would be gone. Rumor has it Blount hit one of his teammates in the locker room as well.

In regards to trash talking, for those of you who have played DivI or in the NFL realize it's a part of the game. It is what it is.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:16 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='998822' date='Sep 4 2009, 06:51 PM
no one EVER deserves a sucker punch. I cant believe you would validate a sucker punch with what the Boise State player did. The Boise State player was a dbag for doing that. Win with some class and shut up, your play did the talking.
Believe it. Dbags deserve whatever they got coming to 'em. Talking trash is part of any sport, but you cross a line once it gets physical (even accidentaly).
Old 09-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by beallio' post='998838' date='Sep 4 2009, 07:13 PM
Re-watch the tape. It was a slap to the shoulder pads - something that's commonly done in football. No one deserves a punch for that. Blount should be kicked off the team, and if Kelly had any balls he would be gone. Rumor has it Blount hit one of his teammates in the locker room as well.

In regards to trash talking, for those of you who have played DivI or in the NFL realize it's a part of the game. It is what it is.
Do you think the B/S player would have made those actions if the score was the other way around?

I've played football and I know what its like to beat the crap out of and get beaten badly by another team. I never touched an opponent after a lopsided game (besides an obligatory handshake/high five) unless I knew him personally.

I'm not saying the Oregon player was right - he was clearly wrong. I'm just saying I have no sympathy for the B/S player.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on Oregon V Boise??