5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Lounge (https://5series.net/forums/lounge-5/)
-   -   Thoughts on Oregon V Boise?? (https://5series.net/forums/lounge-5/thoughts-oregon-v-boise-84826/)

gbaty0001 09-04-2009 12:27 PM

Did this kid Blount just react to some one trash talking after a game, or is he out of control? And how much control should we expect from college players who are not yet profesionals...? :huh:

pjinca 09-04-2009 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by gbaty0001' post='998652' date='Sep 4 2009, 01:27 PM
Did this kid Blount just react to some one trash talking after a game, or is he out of control? And how much control should we expect from college players who are not yet profesionals...? :huh:

More restraint should've been used. That kid needs to be suspended. We should expect more because problems start young, imagine this fool in the NFL? That crappy attitude AND a ton of $$$$? No, he doesn't deserve to play anymore, part of being a champion is knowing how to win AND lose with dignity.

gbaty0001 09-04-2009 12:38 PM

very tru the commish in the NFL doesnt play games. So how long should this kid be suspended? Kicked off the team?

flyingpuck 09-04-2009 12:40 PM

It's a perfect example of both a Bad Winner and a Bad Loser!! :geek:

pjinca 09-04-2009 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by gbaty0001' post='998662' date='Sep 4 2009, 01:38 PM
very tru the commish in the NFL doesnt play games. So how long should this kid be suspended? Kicked off the team?

If I'm coach he get's kicked off, keeping him there sets a bad precedent that inexcusable behavior is allowed. Besides, he will probably face criminal charges and aren't there enough criminals already IN the NFL?

pukka 09-04-2009 02:00 PM

Last I heard, the Boise State player who taunted the Oregon player won't get anything except some sort of counseling from his coach.

The second he "touched" the Oregon player he deserved that cheap shot. I think the Oregon player deserves a suspension for trying to fight with the fans, but I don't think he should get kicked off the team. Unfortunately, if any charges are pressed he almost certainly will be.

Alpine White Girl 09-04-2009 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by pukka' post='998784' date='Sep 4 2009, 05:00 PM
Last I heard, the Boise State player who taunted the Oregon player won't get anything except some sort of counseling from his coach.

The second he "touched" the Oregon player he deserved that cheap shot. I think the Oregon player deserves a suspension for trying to fight with the fans, but I don't think he should get kicked off the team. Unfortunately, if any charges are pressed he almost certainly will be.

no one EVER deserves a sucker punch. I cant believe you would validate a sucker punch with what the Boise State player did. The Boise State player was a dbag for doing that. Win with some class and shut up, your play did the talking.

I think the Oregon player should get suspended the entire year. I understand the heat of the moment but the way he reacted AFTER the sucker punch was what pissed me off more than anything. You sucker punch someone with your helmet on, and basically run away like your tough?!? Then had to be dragged off the field by his coaches, teammates, and cops. He was parading around like he was a bad ass, waiting for another player or fan to challenge him. He isnt sorry, he is a piece of shit. Come to find out this jackass was suspended by his own coach before this regular season. No more chances, Maurice Clarrett got multiple chances and look where it landed him....in the nfl for about 38 mins, then in jail.

beallio 09-04-2009 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by pukka' post='998784' date='Sep 4 2009, 03:00 PM

Re-watch the tape. It was a slap to the shoulder pads - something that's commonly done in football. No one deserves a punch for that. Blount should be kicked off the team, and if Kelly had any balls he would be gone. Rumor has it Blount hit one of his teammates in the locker room as well.

In regards to trash talking, for those of you who have played DivI or in the NFL realize it's a part of the game. It is what it is.

pukka 09-04-2009 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='998822' date='Sep 4 2009, 06:51 PM
no one EVER deserves a sucker punch. I cant believe you would validate a sucker punch with what the Boise State player did. The Boise State player was a dbag for doing that. Win with some class and shut up, your play did the talking.

Believe it. Dbags deserve whatever they got coming to 'em. Talking trash is part of any sport, but you cross a line once it gets physical (even accidentaly).

pukka 09-04-2009 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by beallio' post='998838' date='Sep 4 2009, 07:13 PM
Re-watch the tape. It was a slap to the shoulder pads - something that's commonly done in football. No one deserves a punch for that. Blount should be kicked off the team, and if Kelly had any balls he would be gone. Rumor has it Blount hit one of his teammates in the locker room as well.

In regards to trash talking, for those of you who have played DivI or in the NFL realize it's a part of the game. It is what it is.

Do you think the B/S player would have made those actions if the score was the other way around?

I've played football and I know what its like to beat the crap out of and get beaten badly by another team. I never touched an opponent after a lopsided game (besides an obligatory handshake/high five) unless I knew him personally.

I'm not saying the Oregon player was right - he was clearly wrong. I'm just saying I have no sympathy for the B/S player.