Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

squeaking sound in my car

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 09:12 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1052889' date='Nov 12 2009, 12:53 AM
My car is a peice of crap. the shifter fell apart the other day, it barely starts, and makes noises from every seal. every day I drive it, the more and more turned off by BMW I am. I really think my next car is going to be a porsche cayman. I should find out if they are as bad.
Sorry to hear that Craig. That sucks.

My 550 had the squeaking door/window seal problem and I had it fixed pursuant to the Service Bulletin out on it. Months later, it started again and I got it fixed again. I am sure it will return. The only serious mechanical problem I have had my on ride was the failure of the starter.

So far, my 550 is not shaping up to be as mechanically reliable as my Infiniti M45 Sport (or my E39 540i Sport was) but it has not been problem ridden either. And I just love the way it drives -- so much better and more satisfying than my Infiniti or, frankly, anything else I have driven in the class.

If I had a 535 with repeated HPFP failures, however, I might very well feel differently.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530d M Sport Automatic, Le Mans Edition.Le Mans Blue Individual Paint Special, Syrah Blue Individual Leather, Piano Black Individual Interior Trim, Front seat heating,M Double Spoke 172 19

The Mondeo has a good track record.My comment is based on my wife's last car,a Focus,which also has glowing reviews.However,it did develop a really annoying rear seat squeak within the first year which took a very long time to identify and correct.This type of fault puts you off buying the same brand.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by nipetronic' post='1052884' date='Nov 12 2009, 12:48 AM
had my E60 for just 11 mths and already I can hear squeaking sound (like old chairs) inside my car.
A check with our local forum confirms that its normal, some even said its because BMW may have uses poor (or even re-cycle material) rubber door seals!
went down to our one and only official service centre for BMW, and was told "yes, its the door seal problems. We just need to paste some friction tapes (from 3M!!!!) to erase this prob;em...
can you believe BMW is unable to solve this problem til now?

i never had such probelms with my old Honda or Nissan cars.
that really sucks.. and i understand what your saying, for the money we pay for these cars, aside from awesome handling, we shouldnt have these stupid little problems. i hope it gets resolved. dont let it skew your image of bmw, although they are wonderful cars. it seems that each one has its own "bug", some get resolved and some dont. the way i see it with new cars is that sometimes you have problems early on--- or later on.. its always one of the two..

the only problem ive had was overheating, to be honest i cant even remember what the hell happened (although im fried) it meant shit to me as it got fixed, i love driving the car daily (which has helped me forget) and i never had the problem again. so stay optimistic, wait as i started to finish that sentence i remembered i had a problem with the sunroof seal... but they told me it had a tear in it and replaced it with no problems. now let me think------aside from that-for real this time --- im good to go.. 20 months in..