Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Some people......

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 11:18 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i

Originally Posted by aretardedorange' post='1065102' date='Nov 30 2009, 03:15 PM
freshman year i was 5'5. im 6'0 now. you'll get there
Old 11-30-2009, 12:42 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds to me like this was racially motivated. I see no reason why someone would speculate that a person sitting in a 'well taken care of' BMW would be plotting the theft of an inferior (price be damned) vehicle in the middle of a parking lot. Most car thieves (correct me if I am wrong) tend to avoid driving their own vehicle to acquire another. That guy was guilty of vandalism, disturbing the peace, aggravated intimidation - and more...I wish more people would pursue these guys.

The problem I have noticed in the US is what I call the invincibility factor. People can get away with almost any sort of absurd/rude/trashy/cocky social behavior without recourse - and over time this builds a sense of security and entitlement. It becomes a sign of weakness or mental instability to show politeness, to smile or any halfway decent gesture you can think of. I always said that modern day man is no different developmentally than we were thousands of years ago - we are a competitive, tribe based species that seems to be incapable or unwilling to extend any compassion to anyone we cannot immediately relate to.