Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

What happened??

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 02:24 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride:

As the title says............ what happened to my wonderful source of knowledge, the E60 forum??

Members leaving..... Members fighting...... Calling each other names????

We are all here out of a common love for our cars for god's sake. Are you kidding me??

We sound like a bunch of high school girls calling each other out... Banning people...... Respected and long time expert members telling other long-time and respected members to "go fuck yourself"?????

It's the damn internet guys....

There are a lot of good friendships on the forum. I love this place and I check in several times a day to see what's new and what more can I learn from you guys.

Could it be that we've learned all we can about our cars?? Nothing new to share with newer, less initiated members except for derision and ridicule????

I, for one, am extremely disappointed....

B
Old 09-27-2009, 02:46 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

I am sorry.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:49 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Anzafin' post='1018533' date='Sep 27 2009, 03:46 PM
I am sorry.

Not your fault Antti, I think C is very funny most of the time. Sometimes it gets lost in the translation though. You didn't do anything wrong, I think you probably just misinterpreted C's attempt at humor. It is pretty common here to "flame" fake M5's. No need to apologize, you're actually a calming force here - one of our more reasonable members
Old 09-27-2009, 02:49 PM
Senior Members

My Ride:

Originally Posted by Anzafin' post='1018533' date='Sep 27 2009, 05:46 PM
I am sorry.

For what??

All you did was call someone out for being a prick! Good for you!!
Old 09-27-2009, 02:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

I agree, sure I've posted my fair share of tasteless humor, some jokes are funny some weren't, but in all seriousness I've never bad mouthed or talked trash on anybody on here. It's really a drag to have members call me names and try and attack me. I just don't let it get to me I think senior members should just try and cut us juniors a little slack and not be so hostile. I can recall in like my 3rd post on here a senior member saying he wanted my car to blow up for Christ sakes.. Boo :thumbsdown: I'm in no way perfect but dayum what's the deal w the hostility?
Old 09-27-2009, 02:54 PM
Senior Members

My Ride:

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1018536' date='Sep 27 2009, 05:49 PM
Not your fault Antti, I think C is very funny most of the time. Sometimes it gets lost in the translation though. You didn't do anything wrong, I think you probably just misinterpreted C's attempt at humor. It is pretty common here to "flame" fake M5's. No need to apologize, you're actually a calming force here - one of our more reasonable members
Agree most of the time....

There's no losing "Go fuck yourself" in any translation that I know of...........
Old 09-27-2009, 02:58 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by bespoke1' post='1018541' date='Sep 27 2009, 03:54 PM
Agree most of the time....

There's no losing "Go fuck yourself" in any translation that I know of...........

I know that, and I can't talk, I have committed my share of "stupid" arguments. I have taken what the mods suggested and tried to be different. I wasn't trying to excuse what C did, but definitely Antti has nothing to apologize for.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride:

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1018545' date='Sep 27 2009, 05:58 PM
I know that, and I can't talk, I have committed my share of "stupid" arguments. I have taken what the mods suggested and tried to be different. I wasn't trying to excuse what C did, but definitely Antti has nothing to apologize for.
+1
Old 09-27-2009, 03:10 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

value of car is decreasing means more people can afford the car. they come on and don't utilize the search feature asking the same question leading to annoyed long time members who spent their time answering them. long time members leave to other cars and forums.

rinse and repeat. i see this happen all the time.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by acuteperformance' post='1018553' date='Sep 27 2009, 04:10 PM
value of car is decreasing means more people can afford the car. they come on and don't utilize the search feature asking the same question leading to annoyed long time members who spent their time answering them. long time members leave to other cars and forums.

rinse and repeat. i see this happen all the time.
I don't know how anyone else was raised but my mom always said if you don't have anything nice to say... IMO for what it's worth if u see a post that u feel is def played out.... Hmmm how about just moving on and not be a d*ck about it. It's really quite simple

Quick Reply: What happened??