Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Smoking the Competition

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 05:24 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 E60 BMW 525i - BIRTHDAY- 11/04 - EXTERIOR- Amethyst Gray Metallic. INTERIOR- Beige Dakota Leather w/Dark Poplar Grain Wood. OPTIONS- Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, 6-disc CD changer, Bluetooth using Verizon Raza V3c phone, SIRIUS Satellite Radio. ADD-ON's- 545i Chrome Grill, Euro Red Reflectors, Factory all-weater matts & Factory Coat-Hanger.

Originally Posted by Jeffs' date='Sep 12 2005, 02:54 AM
I have issues with that as well. It's so bad because I am creating a hazard for others, but then again its also fun to "relieve some stress" this way. Whenever someone provokes me all my thoughts about safety and cops goes away and this can be really bad. Theres no track nearby in MA as far as I know and NH intl speedway i need to be a member which I am not, Guess that classifies me as an idiot on the road
[snapback]169616[/snapback]
My friend goes to a track in (gonna spell it wrong but) Epping NH where there is a track and there is always nights when people can race there own cars, and I know my friend isn't a member, actually now that I think of it a couple of my friends have actually raced there cars you should look into it...
Old 09-13-2005, 05:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by sleek545' date='Sep 13 2005, 08:10 AM
some people are pathetic.I dont need to be lectured aboutt driving fast.I am bright ,educated? and successful in both my personal life and my business.I am very fit have under 6% body fat.
? To the loser saying not to ever drive fast,are you overweight? thats just as dangerous as tobbacco.I was going 142 mph a few weeks ago on the sprain brook parkway.Doing that now and then is less dangerous then being overweight,so please keep the wimpy lectures to yourself
[snapback]169969[/snapback]
I don't think anyone lectured anyone about driving fast or said that anyone should not drive fast. And, I don't think there are any losers on board. On the issue of street racing, some were judgmental of the original poster. Now, some apparent loser is being judged. And, note that there is a difference in doing (a) something dangerous to one's self alone (seldom possible because, for example, even obesity potentially affects others) and/or others who have agreed to participate (e.g., track racing) and (b) something dangerous to others who are not aware of the activity or at least are aware too late (e.g., street racing and speeding on highways--both of which I occassionally participate in). My main point is--let's stop judging each other. Doing so is unproductive. Virtually everyone has done, and will do something in the future, on the road, that can be considered to be intentional, not malicious, potentially harmful to others who are unaware, etc., and reckless.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:13 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Jeffs' date='Sep 12 2005, 02:54 AM
I have issues with that as well. It's so bad because I am creating a hazard for others, but then again its also fun to "relieve some stress" this way. Whenever someone provokes me all my thoughts about safety and cops goes away and this can be really bad. Theres no track nearby in MA as far as I know and NH intl speedway i need to be a member which I am not, Guess that classifies me as an idiot on the road
Need to relieve stress? Join a gym and work out on a punching bag.
Believe me, I'm an ER doc and I've seen it all.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by sleek545' date='Sep 13 2005, 08:10 AM
some people are pathetic.I dont need to be lectured aboutt driving fast.I am bright ,educated? and successful in both my personal life and my business.I am very fit have under 6% body fat.
? To the loser saying not to ever drive fast,are you overweight? thats just as dangerous as tobbacco.I was going 142 mph a few weeks ago on the sprain brook parkway.Doing that now and then is less dangerous then being overweight,so please keep the wimpy lectures to yourself
[snapback]169969[/snapback]
My, my . . . sounds like a very self-confident post (cocky). What is missing from your post is the word, "PRUDENT." Hopefully, you just fogot to type that in; otherwise, hope you learn it before experience teaches it to you.

Young or old, dumb or smart, we all needed to be reminded of such things from time to time. Hell, that's why we study history so we don't repeat it. We may get tired of grandma repeating herself, but if what she says is prudent, I'm willing to listen 100 times over. Thank you, Donv, and others, for your thougthful posting.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Thank you, Donv, and others, for your thougthful posting.
[snapback]170043[/snapback]
You are very welcome.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

Originally Posted by CTYankee' date='Sep 13 2005, 07:13 AM
[quote name='Jeffs' date='Sep 12 2005, 02:54 AM']I have issues with that as well. It's so bad because I am creating a hazard for others, but then again its also fun to "relieve some stress" this way. Whenever someone provokes me all my thoughts about safety and cops goes away and this can be really bad. Theres no track nearby in MA as far as I know and NH intl speedway i need to be a member which I am not, Guess that classifies me as an idiot on the road
[snapback]169986[/snapback]
[/quote]

dittos here... im a E.R nurse and also have seen alot ... and alot of road rage from people challenging each other on the road... i also own a company that deals with race cars.... i do agree to keep it on the track , but we are all guilty of going over the sped limit... i just hope everyone who does is aware of their surroundings and uses good judgement on the road. eric d
Old 09-13-2005, 09:12 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ericdbs' date='Sep 13 2005, 12:02 PM
[quote name='CTYankee' date='Sep 13 2005, 07:13 AM'][quote name='Jeffs' date='Sep 12 2005, 02:54 AM']I have issues with that as well. It's so bad because I am creating a hazard for others, but then again its also fun to "relieve some stress" this way. Whenever someone provokes me all my thoughts about safety and cops goes away and this can be really bad. Theres no track nearby in MA as far as I know and NH intl speedway i need to be a member which I am not, Guess that classifies me as an idiot on the road
[snapback]169986[/snapback]
[/quote]

dittos here... im a E.R nurse and also have seen alot ... and alot of road rage from people challenging each other on the road... i also own a company that deals with race cars.... i do agree to keep it on the track , but we are all guilty of going over the sped limit... i just hope everyone who does is aware of their surroundings and uses good judgement on the road. eric d
[snapback]170048[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yes, and I would wager that at least the majority of us drive when feeling the effects of alcohol--not to mentioned being legally over the limit whether feeling the effect or not. Also, I would wager that over 95% of use could clean up his or her driving habits some (i.e., consider the driving "misbehaviors" mentioned above). I think that both are very safe bets. Does anyone want to do a poll (not me)? And, I will mention that the ER is not fun. I've been twice--first when a car tuned left in front of me on a motorcycle (a standard story) and second when I had a parachute malfunction (not so standard).
Old 09-13-2005, 09:14 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by John007' date='Sep 13 2005, 08:24 AM
[quote name='Jeffs' date='Sep 12 2005, 02:54 AM']I have issues with that as well. It's so bad because I am creating a hazard for others, but then again its also fun to "relieve some stress" this way. Whenever someone provokes me all my thoughts about safety and cops goes away and this can be really bad. Theres no track nearby in MA as far as I know and NH intl speedway i need to be a member which I am not, Guess that classifies me as an idiot on the road
My friend goes to a track in (gonna spell it wrong but) Epping NH where there is a track and there is always nights when people can race there own cars, and I know my friend isn't a member, actually now that I think of it a couple of my friends have actually raced there cars you should look into it...
[snapback]169971[/snapback]
[/quote]

You had the spelling correct, Wednesday is street drag night, open to anyone.

http://www.newenglanddragway.com
Old 09-13-2005, 09:31 AM
Contributors

For some reason this thread evokes most responses from Americans. Why would that be?
Old 09-13-2005, 10:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2015 535D M Sport

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Sep 13 2005, 11:31 AM
For some reason this thread evokes most responses from Americans. Why would that be?

[snapback]170063[/snapback]
We're terribly competetive over here. Whether that's good or bad is open for discussion, but it is reality. Don't you guys ever "race" off a traffic signal?

Quick Reply: Smoking the Competition