Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Smoking the Competition

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 07:29 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

I know that many of you have smoked the competitors on the road with your bimmer. When that adrenaline pumps, safety and everything seem to jump out the windows.

Personally, my wife made me promise no more road rage or impromptu racing when I got my 545i. Occassionally, I tell her that if you bought a v8, you have to drive like a v8 and not a 4 cylinder; hat never flys.

Anyways, I noticed that after smoking someone (my last episode was with a clk430), I felt:

1. Sorry for the guy
2. Bad that I wasted my vehicle for the adrenaline rush; it wasn't worth it.
3. Guilty because I was creating a safety hazard for everyone on the road, especially for the guy that I smoked.

Yet, this only comes up after the fact. I think adrenaline is an addiction. Please let me hear your opinions and when was the last time you smoked someone or vice versa.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:50 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' date='Sep 11 2005, 08:29 PM
I know that many of you have smoked the competitors on the road with your bimmer. When that adrenaline pumps, safety and everything seem to jump out the windows.

Personally, my wife made me promise no more road rage or impromptu racing when I got my 545i. Occassionally, I tell her that if you bought a v8, you have to drive like a v8 and not a 4 cylinder; hat never flys.

Anyways, I noticed that after smoking someone (my last episode was with a clk430), I felt:

1. Sorry for the guy
3. Guilty because I was creating a safety hazard for everyone on the road, especially for the guy that I smoked.

Yet, this only comes up after the fact. I think adrenaline is an addiction. Please let me hear your opinions and when was the last time you smoked someone or vice versa.
[snapback]169583[/snapback]
Take it to the track .... :thumbsdown:

Trust me, I've been guilty of the same, but it's just not smart.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:06 PM
Senior Members

i think u shld only be concerned abt pt 3....
Old 09-11-2005, 10:54 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

I have issues with that as well. It's so bad because I am creating a hazard for others, but then again its also fun to "relieve some stress" this way. Whenever someone provokes me all my thoughts about safety and cops goes away and this can be really bad. Theres no track nearby in MA as far as I know and NH intl speedway i need to be a member which I am not, Guess that classifies me as an idiot on the road
Old 09-11-2005, 11:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 520dA coming up.

Originally Posted by Ed520' date='Sep 12 2005, 06:06 AM
i think u shld only be concerned abt pt 3....
[snapback]169593[/snapback]
Don't ever feel guilty for smoking a MB
Old 09-12-2005, 01:56 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' date='Sep 11 2005, 10:29 PM

1. Sorry for the guy

1. Never.
2.wasted me car? how's that? so if u drive like a granny u are not wasting it and if you revv it tot he limit you are? hmmm... don't think so! these cars are made for high revs trust me!
3. YES this happens me all the time because i just had too many accidents in my last years and the last one was the worst! 1 month in the hospital, a surgery and 4-5 months to properly walk again and learn to walk. i'll later post some pics of my accident
Old 09-12-2005, 02:11 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Jeffs' date='Sep 12 2005, 01:54 AM
I have issues with that as well. It's so bad because I am creating a hazard for others, but then again its also fun to "relieve some stress" this way. Whenever someone provokes me all my thoughts about safety and cops goes away and this can be really bad. Theres no track nearby in MA as far as I know and NH intl speedway i need to be a member which I am not, Guess that classifies me as an idiot on the road
[snapback]169616[/snapback]
Eping, NH has open drag nights on Wednesdays. Also, if you are a member of BMWCCA, they have all kinds of autocross events in Mass.

http://www.boston-bmwcca.org
Old 09-12-2005, 05:30 AM
Members

My Ride: 2003 330i

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' date='Sep 11 2005, 11:29 PM

1. Sorry for the guy

It just goes to show you, money can't buy brains... :thumbsdown:
Old 09-12-2005, 05:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

When I was 18 I used to do stuff like that. With my current car I don't feel like doing it. I know I am faster then the majority of cars on the road and don't feel a need to proof that to anyone.

I would take it to the track if you really want to have some fun (no limits there). Be carefull out there and take it easy!!
Old 09-12-2005, 06:44 AM
Senior Members

I'm kinda guilty of such acts too; and I feel really bad for other road users. I am 80% of the time driving way past the speed limit, but thank goodness I've never had anyone challenge me yet.

Quick Reply: Smoking the Competition