Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Seriously, how dumb are they in AZ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Ok first they pass a law that basically says I can't go to Arizona without proof of citizenship or I can be arrested, dumb.
Now this?
DUmbasses

I personally hope they uphold the law, I can't wait to see the upstanding citizens working the fields
Old 05-12-2010, 03:02 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well to be fair, people act like illegal immigration is some given right that mexicans have because way back it was apart of mexico.

Growing up in Cali, i wouldnt say that all ethnic studies tend to stress the marginalization but its pretty bad.

Having a mexican influence in cali and other border states is perfectly fine, i enjoy parts of it but its out of control, so AZ is reacting with heavy handed tactics, which will eventually bite them in the ass and they will have to compromise to some degree.

Thought, dont try to fool yourself, parts of the US economy suffers and benefits from illegal immigration, but the gang violence and social welfare that is stressed from it cannot continue
Old 05-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: check siggg

another reason to live in cali! yay for socal!
Old 05-12-2010, 03:41 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Everything is going to shit. Or is it?

The world may never know.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by pjinca
Ok first they pass a law that basically says I can't go to Arizona without proof of citizenship or I can be arrested, dumb.
Now this?
DUmbasses

I personally hope they uphold the law, I can't wait to see the upstanding citizens working the fields
The new Arizona law is unconstitutional and is far more befitting of Nazi Germany, North Korea or the USSR than of a country such as the USA which emphasizes personal freedom and is, at bottom, a nation of immigrants (other than the Native American population).

The reality is that illegal immigrants, by and large, take jobs that most US citizens won't do or don't want to do such as picking the fields and cleaning homes. Kick the illegal immigrants out and we'll be paying double in food costs alone IMHO. Anyone want to pay $10 for a tomato or an ear of corn? If so, kick all the illegals out right now.

No doubt that illegal immigrants cause some problems such as the gang violence raised by PTL. But the last time that I checked, plenty of US Citizens are wrapped up in gang violence as well. MS-13 may be filled with illegals but the Bloods and the Crips are full of thugs born in the USA. Gang violence is a law enforcement issue -- not an immigration one.

To me, the disdain that some feel towards illegal immigrants, who are predominantly hispanic, seems to be more about racism and discrimination than anything else.

All you folks who want to kick out every last illegal -- bring it on.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

A lot of people have a problem with Mexicans. I for one do not. Being Puerto Rican, people always bring up to me the issues "we" have with them. This is 100% racism!
I think that being here illegally is, well, illegal and should be dealt with as such. Generalizing, targeting and profiling is racism as well. Not every Mexican is an immigrant and not every immigrant is a Mexican. With all the brains we have out there you are telling me that this is the only thing they came up with? Sounds like people need a history lesson and a new job.

I don't like the fact that people complain about immigrants but would never do the jobs that the immigrants would in a heartbeat. Ok, I digress...

Using my educated vocabulary, Racizm is stoopid.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Members

Originally Posted by sdg1871
The new Arizona law is unconstitutional and is far more befitting of Nazi Germany, North Korea or the USSR than of a country such as the USA which emphasizes personal freedom and is, at bottom, a nation of immigrants (other than the Native American population).

The reality is that illegal immigrants, by and large, take jobs that most US citizens won't do or don't want to do such as picking the fields and cleaning homes. Kick the illegal immigrants out and we'll be paying double in food costs alone IMHO. Anyone want to pay $10 for a tomato or an ear of corn? If so, kick all the illegals out right now.

No doubt that illegal immigrants cause some problems such as the gang violence raised by PTL. But the last time that I checked, plenty of US Citizens are wrapped up in gang violence as well. MS-13 may be filled with illegals but the Bloods and the Crips are full of thugs born in the USA. Gang violence is a law enforcement issue -- not an immigration one.

To me, the disdain that some feel towards illegal immigrants, who are predominantly hispanic, seems to be more about racism and discrimination than anything else.

All you folks who want to kick out every last illegal -- bring it on.
Well here comes the "slight of hand"- a distraction wherein one justifies an opinion based upon ulterior motives. The new Arizona law prohibits racial profiling. The new law requires reasonable suspicion (a concept well established in American statutory and caselaw) to stop a car and reasonable suspicion to ask for documentation. It is a common trick of the far left liberals to say- because we need these illegals to do the dirty work, we should look the other way and not enforce the laws on the books. We need to be a nation of laws. We need to respect the rule of law. If you don't like the law then elect representatives who will change the law. In the meatime, lets respect the law. Where's the popcorn?
Old 05-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by GregBrand
Well here comes the "slight of hand"- a distraction wherein one justifies an opinion based upon ulterior motives. The new Arizona law prohibits racial profiling. The new law requires reasonable suspicion (a concept well established in American statutory and caselaw) to stop a car and reasonable suspicion to ask for documentation. It is a common trick of the far left liberals to say- because we need these illegals to do the dirty work, we should look the other way and not enforce the laws on the books. We need to be a nation of laws. We need to respect the rule of law. If you don't like the law then elect representatives who will change the law. In the meatime, lets respect the law. Where's the popcorn?
about the popcorn.

Yes we should enforce the laws. But this Arizona law will lead to profiling because it is so easy to generate or justify reasonable suspicion. So all Hispanics living in or driving through Arizona, you better have your documents with you at all times because there's a new offense called "driving while Hispanic" in Arizona.

In any event, this law will provoke and has provoked constitutional challenges which I believe and expect will succeed.

Pass the popcorn.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Someone asked for popcorn?

Old 05-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by GregBrand
Well here comes the "slight of hand"- a distraction wherein one justifies an opinion based upon ulterior motives. [b]The new Arizona law prohibits [/b]racial profiling. The new law requires reasonable suspicion (a concept well established in American statutory and caselaw) to stop a car and reasonable suspicion to ask for documentation. It is a common trick of the far left liberals to say- because we need these illegals to do the dirty work, we should look the other way and not enforce the laws on the books. We need to be a nation of laws. We need to respect the rule of law. If you don't like the law then elect representatives who will change the law. In the meatime, lets respect the law. Where's the popcorn?

Really Greg, are you truly that naive? I will believe it discourages racial profiling when the first white person is arrested for lack of proper documentation.

Quick Reply: Seriously, how dumb are they in AZ?