Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Scammed on Craigslist

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 12:06 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by nigxdoof' post='1056013' date='Nov 16 2009, 01:05 PM
I think your best bet is call the police first, the court.
+1

Yup, see what the police say. At least have them document the issue.
If that doesn't get you anywhere, then court.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:09 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

A little sugar in his gas tank would square things up pretty quickly - new engine anyone?
Old 11-16-2009, 01:25 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nigxdoof' post='1056075' date='Nov 16 2009, 03:33 PM
Quite Possibly...

But the funny thing is, I didn't even play online. i was playing batman, and i think my friend sent a friend request to me and Bam, banned.

So I sucked it up and got another xbox and the game and viola, back online.
I sucked it up too each time (Last 4 banwaves since May of 07), this time I got a 40GB PS3.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Craig, trust me I have plenty of ideas how I could mess with this guy. If this guy drives off and his tires fall off and dies somehow, I get traced I would be responsible. As much as I would love to get revenge, he could possibly trace my cell number as I traced his. I guess there is really nothing I can do, maybe in a few months down the line. I sent a email to a guy in the past who was spamming the shit out of craigslist with his number. I emailed him twice to stop spamming so much so I could view the listings properly. He sent me this hateful email threatening me. So I decided to post a free ad for a plasma on craigslist, saying to call me and I put his cell number. Well stupid me at the time had my last name displayed on my gmail, so he found out my number doing a search. And made about 3 ads for free laptops, and my phone probably got over 100 calls. He eventually stopped, I guess I just have bad luck on craigslist haha
Old 11-16-2009, 01:40 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tex_phil' post='1056191' date='Nov 16 2009, 05:38 PM
Craig, trust me I have plenty of ideas how I could mess with this guy. If this guy drives off and his tires fall off and dies somehow, I get traced I would be responsible. As much as I would love to get revenge, he could possibly trace my cell number as I traced his. I guess there is really nothing I can do, maybe in a few months down the line. I sent a email to a guy in the past who was spamming the shit out of craigslist with his number. I emailed him twice to stop spamming so much so I could view the listings properly. He sent me this hateful email threatening me. So I decided to post a free ad for a plasma on craigslist, saying to call me and I put his cell number. Well stupid me at the time had my last name displayed on my gmail, so he found out my number doing a search. And made about 3 ads for free laptops, and my phone probably got over 100 calls. He eventually stopped, I guess I just have bad luck on craigslist haha
That sucks does the Xbox even work?

EDIT 1: I thought RROD was covered for 3 years? Even if you don't have the RROD DUDE SENT IT IN! They don't check at all, at all the systems they are getting in do you think they would bother?
Old 11-16-2009, 02:08 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by tex_phil' post='1056191' date='Nov 16 2009, 02:38 PM

Again, that is the beauty of sugar in the tank. It can't make him crash because the engine will be toast long before he gets up any kind of speed.

Based on your past (and present) experience maybe you should ban yourself from Craigslist.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:27 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tex_phil' post='1056191' date='Nov 16 2009, 05:38 PM
bang his mom, take pictures and send them to him.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1056292' date='Nov 16 2009, 07:27 PM
bang his mom, take pictures and send them to him.
Bwaahahaha!

I'm with Craig on this one. I'm a vindictive mf when somebody tries to take advantage of me or my family. First, I would call the police and file a report. They probably won't do anything but at least it's on file. Next, if you have a family lawyer go ahead and send a letter. It's probably not worth pursuing beyond that though. Report him to Craigslist. If I can't get my $170 back, then I am gonna do something to cost him more!
Old 11-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by tex_phil' post='1056191' date='Nov 16 2009, 02:38 PM
haha thats hillarious!!
Old 11-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='1056304' date='Nov 16 2009, 04:53 PM
Bwaahahaha!

I'm with Craig on this one. I'm a vindictive mf when somebody tries to take advantage of me or my family. First, I would call the police and file a report. They probably won't do anything but at least it's on file. Next, if you have a family lawyer go ahead and send a letter. It's probably not worth pursuing beyond that though. Report him to Craigslist. If I can't get my $170 back, then I am gonna do something to cost him more!
4 flat tires

Quick Reply: Scammed on Craigslist