Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

San Fransisco Restaurants

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 07:02 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550, Carbon Black Metallic, Natural Brown Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades, etc. Retired - 2004 545 SMG, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Dakota Leather, Cold Weather and Sports Packages, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='610488' date='Jun 26 2008, 10:58 AM
I've heard great things, but have never been. Thanks Rob!

I would definitely be interested in doing a cruise and ending at Blue Hill at Stone Barns, although I think it might only end up being you and I for dinner. Hahahahaha!

Thanks for the tip Rob. I'm going to take my wife here the weekend after the 4th. Much appreciated!

Been there a bunch of times, never disappointed. Went last August a the peak of East Coast tomato and fruit season and could not believe what a great kitchen could do with such simple (but high quality) ingredients. If you are into wine, better crack open the piggy bank, they have a great list.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='610482' date='Jun 26 2008, 09:46 AM
Another great restaurant in Napa is Tra Vigne. The former Chef/Owner, is none other than, Michael Chiarello. It's under new ownership now, but if the menu continues to be similar to what it was when I went there years ago, it'd definitely a great place. And it won't break the bank like The French Laundy will, although I doubt you'll get a reservation for TFL this late, unless you happen to call right when a cancellation comes in (rare, but possible).
C ,we did a winemakers dinner at TV a few years ago and I met Michael , very nice guy and the food was great.
Cheers
Old 06-26-2008, 07:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Another fantastic place to go Keith, if you haven't been already, is Chez Panisse in Berkeley. This is owned by the very famous, Alice Waters. It's my wife and I's favorite restaurant in the Bay Area. The kitchen has to be one of my favorites of all time. Although I did get a private tour of the kitchen at Daniel, here in Manhattan, and was pretty amazed at that set-up, I still liked this kitchen better. This kitchen is a completely old school, open kitchen that has one of the biggest wood chopping blocks running the length of the kitchen with all red brick in the back and fresh vegetables lying along the block. It's a total classic and something you could easily see Alice Waters and Julia Child cooking behind for one of the earlier cooking shows on TV, back in the day. It just gives off that feel of a old, country style kitchen where only the very serious of cooks can take command of such a place.