Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Road Rage: BMW Haters?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do people hate us because of our cars? So many stories.

Today: Driving in left lane dude in 4runner is trying to yield. Keeps gunning his engine to get infront of me :rolleyes. Do you know what YIELD means? I don't let him merge and he comes up behind me rides my tail with his brights on. I pull over get behind him turn my brights on AND lean on my horn for a good minute until he turns off the road. . Yes a bit extreme but I was really pissed of at this loser.

A few days back: Already told this story but will say it again. Jersey turnpike doing a good 95 in the left lane dumbass in a minivan comes up behind me with his brights on and starts tailgating me. I smartly start slowing down until I am doing 20. I start speeding up and start riding in two lanes so he cant pass me. After 5 min I speed off.

A few days back again: Leaving the mall traffic is blocked up trying to get in. Lady in tahoe wont let me in. The light is red your not moving what gives? Gives me a disgusted look "throws her hands in the air". I get behind her have my brights on and ride her tail.

I have gone to the darkside of BMW drivers. In my camry I get none of this
Old 01-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Contributors

Sorry but I can't condone the actions of any of the 4 drivers you've described. :thumbsdown:
Old 01-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by luigi524td' post='1084850' date='Jan 5 2010, 08:07 PM
Sorry but I can't condone the actions of any of the 4 drivers you've described. :thumbsdown:
How can you not excuse any of those drivers? Last time I checked it was 3 not 4.

The minivan driver had no right to tailgate me at 95 MPH when he could have gone around me or simply flashed his lights I would have moved over. The 4runner driver could have waited to yield. No cars behind me why should I slow down and let him merge? When he was already driving slow?
Old 01-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

I know what you mean, I was going to make a U-Turn today at an intersection, this guy pulling out of a plaza turns right so I let him go...whatever..then as I start letting off the clutch to go this minivan GUNS it to block my way. I have to slam on my breaks so I don't hit him....I make the U-Turn fly past him gunning it in 1st and 2nd gear and flick him off.

Another one: I was in a plaza today and there was a 4 way mini-intersection...I let some people pass because I'd rather wait a few seconds than having some snowbird run into me...I had my blinker set to take a left turn, so I am sitting there and wave to a guy going straight to go and he doesn't go...instead he signals me to go...so I go and as I raise my hand to thank him he decides to go after all and I again have to slam on the breaks...after that I am so pissed I just dump the clutch a FLY out of there in 1st rocking out the tires (The DSC in this car is A LOT more lenient than in the E60)

Another one: I was driving in the left lane on 41 (three lanes each side with a median dividing the two...with some spaces in the median so drivers can get to the other side) today going 60ish... this stupid stereotype clueless woman driver was trying to get to the other side of 41 from a plaza, she cuts across 2 lanes and STOPS before the median right IN my lane. Right there in the center of the lane, I slam on my brakes and I have to stop in the middle of a major street because this idiot doesn't know how to drive, honk my horn the entire time...unbelievable these drivers.

The WORST are the snowbirds, oh my God I don't even know how I have made it through these last weeks, the stupid snowbirds just simply CAN NOT drive
Almost crashing every other day....not even kidding....its horrible.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:31 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='1084863' date='Jan 5 2010, 08:26 PM
I know what you mean, I was going to make a U-Turn today at an intersection, this guy pulling out of a plaza turns right so I let him go...whatever..then as I start letting off the clutch to go this minivan GUNS it to block my way. I have to slam on my breaks so I don't hit him....I make the U-Turn fly past him gunning it in 1st and 2nd gear and flick him off.

Another one: I was in a plaza today and there was a 4 way mini-intersection...I let some people pass because I'd rather wait a few seconds than having some snowbird run into me...I had my blinker set to take a left turn, so I am sitting there and wave to a guy going straight to go and he doesn't go...instead he signals me to go...so I go and as I raise my hand to thank him he decides to go after all and I again have to slam on the breaks...after that I am so pissed I just dump the clutch a FLY out of there in 1st rocking out the tires (The DSC in this car is A LOT more lenient than in the E60)

Another one: I was driving in the left lane on 41 (three lanes each side with a median dividing the two...with some spaces in the median so drivers can get to the other side) today going 60ish... this stupid stereotype clueless woman driver was trying to get to the other side of 41 from a plaza, she cuts across 2 lanes and STOPS before the median right IN my lane. Right there in the center of the lane, I slam on my brakes and I have to stop in the middle of a major street because this idiot doesn't know how to drive, honk my horn the entire time...unbelievable these drivers.

The WORST are the snowbirds, oh my God I don't even know how I have made it through these last weeks, the stupid snowbirds just simply CAN NOT drive
Almost crashing every other day....not even kidding....its horrible.
+1 snowbirds . Those are NY drivers.

I honestly hate that "I flash for you to go" "Then you flash for me to go", and then "When I start to go", "You decide to go". * *
Old 01-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by aretardedorange' post='1084868' date='Jan 5 2010, 08:31 PM
I honestly hate that "I flash for you to go" "Then you flash for me to go", and then "When I start to go", "You decide to go". * *
I hate that too but it wasn't even like that, he waved to me to let me go, I go and then he changes his mind
Old 01-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Senior Members

Sometimes I do feel like a jerk though. A jetta was right on my tail on a one lane road and kept flashing so I decided to slow down. He finally overtook me flipped me off and pulled into a local community college. It was finals week for colleges. I felt so bad
Old 01-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by aretardedorange' post='1084871' date='Jan 5 2010, 08:34 PM
Sometimes I do feel like a jerk though. A jetta was right on my tail on a one lane road and kept flashing so I decided to slow down. He finally overtook me flipped me off and pulled into a local community college. It was finals week for colleges. I felt so bad

He should've left the house earlier if it was THAT important
Old 01-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by luigi524td' post='1084850' date='Jan 6 2010, 02:07 AM

I agree!

All 4!!!
Old 01-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Senior Members

Where did this thing that all BMW drivers are jerks aggresive come from originally. I think is what is behind the way other drivers are treating you. I just can't work out where thay myth came from though.

Quick Reply: Road Rage: BMW Haters?