Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Response to Road Rage...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 05:28 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by usmabmass
someone in a lifted F150 or F250 jumped onto the right shoulder and was passing everybody (evidently tired of the guy in the "fast" lane). Now, I hate it when people do that, especially because most people don't watch for cars in the shoulder, it's unsafe, and it can cause accidents.
i just passed him on the shoulder, and he tailgated me the rest of the 10-mile drive to the turn to my subdivision.

You would make a good politician.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:59 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Carbon Black

Originally Posted by craigm1841
^^^ if you are in the left lane and someone is approaching you, regardless if you are going 20 over the speedlimit and you think that is fast enough, you have to yield to the vehicle behind you. You are not a cop, you should have moved over into the right lane and let the person approaching pass. It is the cops job to enforce the speed limit, not yours.
thanks mom, if you read my post, you would see that i was in the right lane. most normal people would consider the left lane as the fast lane, which is actually not the same thing as the right lane.

as far as passing on the shoulder, there is a difference between passing on the shoulder because people in front aren't speeding enough (rager from story 1), and passing someone on the shoulder because they've raged and slammed on their brakes in front of you (me in story 2).
Old 05-21-2011, 06:02 AM
Members

I would vote instead for you, because jumping to conclusions due to poor comprehension of events is almost a required attribute in public office.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:02 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Owned!

Old 05-21-2011, 08:11 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Krozi
Owned!

yep, that's exactly what happened. you could be his aide or sidekick or whatever, leaning out from behind his back when he makes a lame comment and yell "yeah!"

maybe your buddy should paypal you a dollar for your help. never in my life have i seen a panhandler on an internet forum.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:19 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

yep, that's exactly what happened. you could be his aide or sidekick or whatever, leaning out from behind his back when he makes a lame comment and yell "yeah!"

maybe your buddy should paypal you a dollar for your help. never in my life have i seen a panhandler on an internet forum.
***Comment deleted by Iceman. Reason: Insulting (Language: German)***
Old 05-21-2011, 08:26 AM
Contributors

***Comment deleted by Iceman. Reason: Insulting (Language: German)***
oh- this guy is gonna be good. We havent had one like him since JRowe!
Old 05-21-2011, 08:38 AM
Members

Seriously? Seems like every time I want to add to a thread some nerds want to start acting like bad asses for no reason.

Craig - thanks for the driving lesson. Now it's time for your reading comprehension lesson. before you start scolding people, pay attention and understand what you are reading. both of your responses to my story were based on your complete inability to understand what happened. 1) i wasn't driving in the left lane, like you thought. 2) passing on the shoulder because someone is too impatient to follow the road rules is different from passing someone on the shoulder because they are road raging and want to stop traffic dead. if you really cannot understand this then i'm just wasting my time, i guess.

Krozi - there is nothing more lame than trying to act like a tough guy on the internet. especially when you think that talking in a foreign language is supposed to have a strong effect. in my opinion, and from my experience living in germany for the last 2 years, i certainly do not have a high respect for the dangerousness of german men. german women seem to rule you guys with an iron boot. nerds try and act tough on the internet all the time, please don't think that you are any different, especially when your title says you moved to america. feel free to fly to germany and drive around bavaria really angrily if you want to, i guess. and really, the begging for paypal donations in your signature is just lame. come on, if cash is that scarce that you have to beg for handouts, you should just sell your M3.

do you guys want to huff and puff on a message board, or can we just let this thread get back on topic?
Old 05-21-2011, 08:43 AM
Contributors

Oh yes this is going to be great ...haven't had a dumbass like you around for a while now

Obviously you are a humorless wound up little "intellectual" or you would have understood that my sig is more of a joke
Old 05-21-2011, 08:51 AM
Members

Oh yes this is going to be great ...haven't had a dumbass like you around for a while now

Obviously you are a humorless wound up little "intellectual" or you would have understood that my sig is more of a joke
well, here we go again. before you know it you're going to be reporting me because your feelings got hurt.

actually i would consider myself more of a groundpounder but i do appreciate the "intellectual" compliment.
but, even a dumbass like me would understand what a joke does and does not look like.
a joke would NOT look like "if i helped you, please send me a dollar. here's my paypal address!"
i would imagine a joke would not include your actual paypal address, or it would have... i dunno, a smiley or something. it also wouldn't be at the very top of your signature in the most prominent place possible, even above the generic pictures of your car. nice try to cover yourself though.

you can do the whole name-calling thing if you wish, but it's not going to make anybody take you any more seriously.

Quick Reply: Response to Road Rage...