Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Response to Road Rage...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 535i M Sport 6MT
Model Year: 2010

Our lives, family, friends and automobiles are too precious for us to be caught up in the moment. I would just back off and be on my way. It is not worth my time, expense or trouble to deal with morons and scofflaws - let them be someone else's headache. Time and money is better spent on more important things in our lives, such as our families and cars
Old 05-10-2011, 07:07 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by craigm1841
I am a hot-headed 28 year old. I am 6'2" and 230 lbs, and spend an awful lot of time in the gym and eat a medium sized mammals weight in protein a day. I am full of pent up testosterone and like to blame it on things like post traumatic stress disorder and a rough childhood. I am the guy who will dump crap all over your car when you park like an a-hole (did it to a G37 on monday), I am the guy who will box you in when you drive like an a-hole, I am the guy who has no problem saying some crazy shit to you at a red light, stuff that would make jesus cry. I am single, I am losing my job, I am slightly unstable, and have nothing to lose... that said, I would NEVER actually start a physical fight with someone, especially a woman. That is just outrageous to me. The guy probably got out of the car (like an idiot) to intimidate your wife, but wouldnt actually do anything to harm her- i think those instances are extremely rare. I dont know if brandishing a weapon would be in anyones best interest in this scenario. Rule is, you NEVER EVER EVER use a weapon to gain leverage in a conversation/argument/fight. This is like day one CCW stuff. If you do, you are going to be arrested. If you pull that thing out, you damn well better be ready to use it.
LOL, I am 6'4" about 280, and I am only vehemently hot-headed to that point when it comes to my wife and kids - anyone messes with them goes down, period. That said, the few times in my life I have ever gotten out of my car (always at the other driver's request) it has never gone beyond that. They seem to lose the will to fight for some reason
Old 05-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 535xi
Model Year: 2008

Your wife's actions were inmature and not in the best interest of your 18 month old son. His safety was of paramount importance. No telling how this tense circumstance could have deteriorated and then she's just as sorry as she can be. She needs to grow up. With my infant in the car I would have driven away, no fingering - no laying on the horn- as fast as I could.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Is your wife Russian by any chance? If she is, do not worry - she will EF up a small army before anyone gets to her kid

j/k I actually think it is very immature to encourage road ragers, even worse to stop when they are stopping. She should have definitely called the cops on him though...
Originally Posted by ADD
Last week, I was out of town, and yesterday my wife tells me about a road rage incident she experienced.

Let me first start out by saying that my wife doesn't take $hit from anyone, and I think, she probably uses her horn too much when someone else cuts her off etc...

Anyway, 20-something guy in a Dodge Truck doesn't stop at a stop sign, and cuts my wife off on a stretch of road that was 55mph. She said she blew her horn at the guy, and he started slowing down, and came to a full stop in the middle of the road. Unbuckled his seat belt, got out of the truck, and started walking back towards her vehicle, with the WTF? look on his face, and his hands in the air. He was fully behing his truck still coming towards her vehicle when she made the decision to pull around him, flip him off, and keep driving, as she had our 18mn old son in the car with her.

I guess my question is, what would you do in that situation?
...once he got out of the truck, he was wrong. 100%. No excuse. And if he got out and saw a lady behind the wheel, he should have gotten back into his shitty little truck and pedal the fuggg out of there. But we can't hold him responsible now, can we? Just try to prevent future instances by explaining to your wife that people actually die in road rage incidents quite often. Unfortunately.

Originally Posted by pjinca
Step 1: Take a pic of the plate and call 911 - road rage is illegal in most states now and he's obviously a coward anyway going after a woman and a baby.

Step 2: Well, something similar happened to my wife once. She was driving along and there was construction in her lane, she got over but I guess the guy behind her thought she cut him off, because he blocks her in slams on his brakes, gets out and walks over and punched her window, didn;t break it. Then he casually walked back to his car still talking shit. Now, my wife is 5' tall, very little lady. When she called me and told me this I immediately jumped in my car and spent just about the rest of the afternoon hunting for this fool - I am a little bigger than my wife I was merely going to try to calm him down by repeatedly resting his face on my knee
Step 3: Move to Canada

she did the right thing by driving away. She should probably brush off morons rather than antagonize them, especially with the kid in the car. I tend to get a little crazy out there sometimes, as some of the regulars circa early 2009 can attest to, and I have only once gotten out of my car, which turned out to be a mistake that ended up involving a fight, police, etc. I wasnt willing to hit a old man, but he was sure willing to take some swings at me, which i of course dodged. I than antagonized him by taking pictures of him which ended up right here on this very forum.

I am a hot-headed 28 year old. I am 6'2" and 230 lbs, and spend an awful lot of time in the gym and eat a medium sized mammals weight in protein a day. I am full of pent up testosterone and like to blame it on things like post traumatic stress disorder and a rough childhood. I am the guy who will dump crap all over your car when you park like an a-hole (did it to a G37 on monday), I am the guy who will box you in when you drive like an a-hole, I am the guy who has no problem saying some crazy shit to you at a red light, stuff that would make jesus cry. I am single, I am losing my job, I am slightly unstable, and have nothing to lose... that said, I would NEVER actually start a physical fight with someone, especially a woman. That is just outrageous to me. The guy probably got out of the car (like an idiot) to intimidate your wife, but wouldnt actually do anything to harm her- i think those instances are extremely rare. I dont know if brandishing a weapon would be in anyones best interest in this scenario. Rule is, you NEVER EVER EVER use a weapon to gain leverage in a conversation/argument/fight. This is like day one CCW stuff. If you do, you are going to be arrested. If you pull that thing out, you damn well better be ready to use it.

Driving away is definitely the best thing to do in this instance, aside from throwing a smoothie at him.

As a disclaimer: Road rage is illegal in most states as john noted. With that said, everything in this post about me is a lie.
Smoothie! Smoothie! Smoothie!
Old 05-11-2011, 04:00 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca
LOL, I am 6'4" about 280, and I am only vehemently hot-headed to that point when it comes to my wife and kids - anyone messes with them goes down, period. That said, the few times in my life I have ever gotten out of my car (always at the other driver's request) it has never gone beyond that. They seem to lose the will to fight for some reason
jesus. the one time I get out of my car to start a fight, it would be a 6'4" 280 lb former PJ.

I would only get out of the car if it was someone i know I could beat up like a teenage girl or a senior citizen.

As a side note, something that drives me crazy is hot chicks with a sense of entitlement behind the wheel. I will chase you down at a red light and say shit that will give you an eating disorder.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:09 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 02/2006 525i Titanium Silver Metallic Manual 6-Speed

I will chase you down at a red light and say shit that will give you an eating disorder.

LOL. Kind of reminds me of Kevin Spacy's attitude in American Beauty. Good Stuff.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:35 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

I will chase you down at a red light and say shit that will give you an eating disorder.

TFF!!!! Epic, Craig, truly Epic
Old 05-11-2011, 05:39 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Some people are stupid enough to actually get out of their car...you don't want to do that in Florida

I'm getting my concealed carry permit the day I turn 21.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:43 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi
Some people are stupid enough to actually get out of their car...you don't want to do that in Florida

I'm getting my concealed carry permit the day I turn 21.
again... the downside of that is, if you pull that thing out, you better use it. and you are not allowed to shoot to wound or stop, you have to shoot to kill. The only reason you are allowed to brandish that weapon is if your life is in immediate danger, which justifies taking the life of another human being.

You better be ready to kill someone, not just show off your shiny toy. Everyone is ready to kill someone, until it is time to deal with it after the fact...

Truth be told, I keep putting off getting my CCW, which i can easily get with my military DD214. I just pay a fee and buy a weapon. not week long traning or any of that crap. Even if I had my CCW and was packing, i would be reluctant to pull it out. I would likely issue a significant beat down.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:46 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

again... the downside of that is, if you pull that thing out, you better use it. and you are not allowed to shoot to wound or stop, you have to shoot to kill. The only reason you are allowed to brandish that weapon is if your life is in imediate danger, which justifies taking the life of another human being.

You better be ready to kill someone, not just show off your shiny toy. Everyone is ready to kill someone, until it is time to deal with it after the fact...
Trust me Craig, I know all the rules. I'm saying in Florida, getting out of your car to cause a scene can be the last thing you do. Rule of thumb is to always try and flee the scene before it ever becomes a scene.

Regardless, I am getting my concealed carry permit the moment I can.

Quick Reply: Response to Road Rage...