Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

RED LIGHT TICKET HELP NEEDED

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 03:19 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i Sport Package Limo Tinted, Heads up display, Fully Loaded Minus Cold Weather Package and Rear window Sunshades.
Thumbs down

Okay let me reword this so it makes clearer sense on the situation, since everyone in my last post just wanted to argue with each other.

I see a motorcycle cop ahead of me waiting to go straight at the light. I need to make a right hand turn... I pull up to the red light, I stop and immediately make my right hand turn... The cop immediately leaves his lane and snags my ass.

So I follow the procedure keys out of the ignition, place on dash, and hands on the steering wheel.

Officer: License and registration please.

Me: Yes sir. Here you go sir.

Officer: You know I pulled you over because you didn't stop at the red light.

Me: Yes I understand that, but officer I completely saw you waiting at the light from almost 200 feet away before I made the right hand turn. I definitely stopped. ( my tone is not being cocky or rude here in anyway)

Officer: Well you definitely didn't stop I saw you, give me a sec I will be right back.

So I'm waiting in my car for like 5 minutes thinking damn is this guy really going to write me a ticket? He comes back, and I have my hands in my lap... And he freaks on me... He's like PUT YOUR HANDS ON THE STEERING WHEEL NOW!

I'm like okay? and I put my hands on the steering wheel.

He's like, I saw you looking in your mirrors at me, you could of been looking to watch me come so you could pull something on me, you keep your hands on the steering wheel at all times.

So he gives me this ticket. I'm like do you really have to give me a ticket? Hes like YES, well no, I don't have to, I CHOOSE TO. hes like sign here. I go to grab his little palm pilot to sign hes like NO you don't touch that just use the pen!!! I'm like jeez man why are you trying to give me such a hard time? JUST SIGN. See you on the 8th, YOU CAN GO NOW

I was totally dumbfounded by how much of an asshole this officer was to me. I was completely polite. I stated and thought about everything I said before I said it, and yet he still insisted on hating on me. Every word I said to him before he wrote me the ticket is the truth.

So I'm looking at this ticket thinking what a prick this guy is and I notice his last name is PHENIS!So now im laughing and waiting for this penis to move. Then he tells me alright you can get out of here. Yet he doesn't move? He gives me a foot of space to back up with his bike behind me. I back up with his bike to my left, and go to pull foward to leave around him, and he freaks! WHAT ARE YOU DOING! TURN AROUND! DON'T GO PAST ME! I'm like is this guy serious I pulled past him anyways and left.

So I get home all pissed off I sit down, and read the ticket it says I ran a red light? He even had a description on the bottom saying vehicle was driving, and ran a red light at desert inn and rainbow. It says absolutely nothing about failing to stop while making a right hand turn.

Is there some kind of law that states when an officer makes this type of error your off the hook? That is an error right?

Please don't reply if you intend to just tell me to get a lawyer. I am not asking for how to pay a cheaper fine, I am asking how I can legitimately get out of this ticket. So please don't reply if all you want to do is slander me. that goes for you Craig!
Old 05-17-2009, 03:22 PM
Contributors

wow. third thread on the same topic. awesome.

the cop did nothing wrong other then be a douchebag. now:

1. Pay the fine
2. go to court and fight it, but YOU WILL NOT WIN (unless the cop doesnt show up)
3. you know this answer, you already said you dont want to hear it again.

THOSE ARE YOUR ONLY OPTIONS. get over it already.

I dont know why i even responded to this thread. I am just incredibly amazed at what is so hard to understand? are you expecting someone to come in here and be like "oh yeah, by the way, I am a judge in your county, i'll take care of it for you"

you are not a special case. You are not the only person who has dealt with a dick cop before and YOU ARE NOT the only person who will have to pay a fine and/or go to court to fight a ticket you may or may not deserve.

maybe since your last thread on this topic, 100 new members have joined, they are all lawyers, judges, and cops.

You are NOT going to get professional legal advice on a message forum.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:30 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Jrowe' post='881367' date='May 17 2009, 07:19 PM
Is there some kind of law that states when an officer makes this type of error your off the hook? That is an error right?[/b]
No, I had some few errors on my last ticket which was also a violation of running a red light.
I did some research about if you went to court and the officer that gave you the ticket didn't show up and you were off the hook. Thats not all that true.
I also informed them that on the ticket they spelled my name wrong, and car description was wrong as well.
They replied saying not a problem, they will correct it when I arrive at court.

If you want to fight it.. get a lawyer. If this is your first offense then you can pay additional fees on top of the actual ticket cost to have your points removed.
Possibly driving school... For me.. the judge offered me full ticket cost + $250 and no points added to my record.
I paid it and went on with my life.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:32 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='881371' date='May 17 2009, 07:22 PM
2. go to court and fight it, but YOU WILL NOT WIN (unless the cop doesnt show up)
Thats not totally true.
Contributors

Originally Posted by Kzang' post='881379' date='May 17 2009, 07:30 PM
No, I had some few errors on my last ticket which was also a violation of running a red light.
I did some research about if you went to court and the officer that gave you the ticket didn't show up and you were off the hook. Thats not all that true.
I also informed them that on the ticket they spelled my name wrong, and car description was wrong as well.
They replied saying not a problem, they will correct it when I arrive at court.

If you want to fight it.. get a lawyer. If this is your first offense then you can pay additional fees on top of the actual ticket cost to have your points removed.
Possibly driving school... For me.. the judge offered me full ticket cost + $250 and no points added to my record.
I paid it and went on with my life.
no reasonable advice you give him will suffice. He wants to hear that there is a magic check box on the back of the ticket that makes it vanish.
ObD
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i 6MT

BMW + young driver = instant ticket. It's a BMW tax. Don't want tickets ... drive something with less bling. Craig is 100% spot on.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:34 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Kzang' post='881380' date='May 17 2009, 07:32 PM
Thats not totally true.
of course. there are always variables. he can have points reduced or just pay a fine, or nothing even if the cop shows up. if the cop doesnt show up, rules vary from county to county, state to state. you are correct in saying that is not totally true
Old 05-17-2009, 03:35 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ObD' post='881385' date='May 17 2009, 07:32 PM
BMW + young driver = instant ticket. It's a BMW tax. Don't want tickets ... drive something with less bling. Craig is 100% spot on.
LOL I hope you are kidding.. I don't consider BMW being full of Bling
Old 05-17-2009, 03:36 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='881386' date='May 17 2009, 07:34 PM
of course. there are always variables. he can have points reduced or just pay a fine, or nothing even if the cop shows up. if the cop doesnt show up, rules vary from county to county, state to state. you are correct in saying that is not totally true
Right, it depends on different court, county, districts.
Thats what I meant by not totally true
Old 05-17-2009, 03:37 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Kzang' post='881389' date='May 17 2009, 07:35 PM
LOL I hope you are kidding.. I don't consider BMW being full of Bling
i think the guy driving a 99 ford taurus at the red light next to you will respectfully disagree.

Quick Reply: RED LIGHT TICKET HELP NEEDED