Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Red Light Ticket... Advice needed! (LITTLE BIT LONG)

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009 | 04:14 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by RISK' post='877692' date='May 13 2009, 08:09 PM
law enforcement needs to be bashed a little, because we have moron drivers and good drivers that get tickets for no reason. I average 25.2mpg on the road, not highway, and they still pull me over, for the most random bs. You gota be tough, orels your just another moron being controlled by the law.
1. people dont get tickets for NO REASON.
2. The Law is in place to protect citizens and keep them under control.

so moron being controlled by the law? i dont know about moron, but controlled by the law yes. some might think I am not a moron for abiding by the law.
Old 05-13-2009 | 04:19 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 530i 2007

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='877695' date='May 13 2009, 08:14 PM
1. people dont get tickets for NO REASON.
2. The Law is in place to protect citizens and keep them under control.

so moron being controlled by the law? i dont know about moron, but controlled by the law yes. some might think I am not a moron for abiding by the law.

law is power, and no ones perfect in this world, there are people that have power and know how to use it, and people that take advantage of it. I dont know hom much the cops get paid around where you live, but a cop at la gets paid 36000$ a year after taxes, can he afford a E60 ?

P.S. I get tickets for no reason, not by just cops but by regular people that live here..

I had 2 chicks that called the cops on me, and told them that I threw a coin at her car, then told them that "ill fucking kill you bitches" then went in front of their beat up 99 nissan sentra and hit the brakes on the 10east .. when its 5 ocklock.. and heavy ass traffic.. and I had 2 cops come the next day after the incident I nevear even knew about yo my house to get some facts about the incident, not counting, six months later, shes claiming damages to her car, and the city of LA is giving me 1 year probation, a fine of 900 dollars ( quadripple of) and a point on my drivers record.. now explain that to me. Geting a ticket for no reason is nuthing compared to my problems.. If you dont beleave me I have the documentations to prove it lol
Old 05-13-2009 | 04:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

Originally Posted by Jrowe' post='875899' date='May 12 2009, 04:09 AM
Officer: License and registration please.

Me: yes sir. Here you go sir.

Officer: You know I pulled you over because you didn't stop at the red light.

Me: Officer, I competely saw you waiting at the light from almost 200 feet away before I made the right hand turn. You think I'm an idiot?

Officer: Well you definitely didn't stop I saw you, give me a sec I will be right back.
I'm kinda thinking that the "idiot" comment probably counted against you.

I was stopped some time ago after a 'Yield' that I thought, in my mind, counted as yield if a car is right there, no need to yield to a car that's not there yet but some distance away. I suppose it counts only if that car is NOT a cop. Anyway he asked me if I had any tickets, I told him yes - some time ago, he went to his car, came back then said he was just warning me and that's it carry on my way.

In most cases it's probably best to say as little as possible, be the least memorable stop of the day, don't say anything that can be taken the wrong way "you think I'm an idiot...you're an idiot"

Get a lawyer, something I have never done or try to plead down to a lower ticket with the prosecutor.

Good luck!
Old 05-13-2009 | 05:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i Production date: 02/04 Color: Black Sapphire Metallic Trim: Anthracite Options: Sport package with STEPTRONIC, Premium Sound, Rear Sunshade, Xenon

You should say Thank You...dick...opps sory Mr.Penis.....

Originally Posted by Jrowe' post='875899' date='May 12 2009, 03:09 AM
Alright so check this BS out... I see a motorcycle cop ahead of me waiting to go straight at the light. I need to make a right hand turn... I pull up to the red light, I stop and immediately make my right hand turn... The cop immediately leaves his lane and snags my ass.

So I follow the procedure keys out of the ignition, place on dash, and hands on the steering wheel.

Officer: License and registration please.

Me: yes sir. Here you go sir.

Officer: You know I pulled you over because you didn't stop at the red light.

Me: Officer, I competely saw you waiting at the light from almost 200 feet away before I made the right hand turn. You think I'm an idiot?

Officer: Well you definitely didn't stop I saw you, give me a sec I will be right back.

So I'm waiting in my car for like 5 minutes wondering what this jerk off is doing... and he comes back, and I have my hands in my lap... And he freaks on me... He's like PUT YOUR HANDS ON THE STEERING WHEEL NOW!

I'm like whoa man and I put my hands on the steering wheel.

He's like, I saw you looking in your mirrors, don't you know the procedure!? You could of been looking to watch me come so you could pull something on me, you keep your hands on the steering wheel!!!

By then I have this big grin on my face... Thinking this guy is such a fucking tool.

So he gives me this ticket. I'm like do you really have to give me a ticket? Hes like YES, well no, I don't have to, I choose to. hes like sign here. I go to grab his little palm pilot to sign hes like NO you don't touch that just use the pen!!! I'm like jeez man why are you trying to give me such a hard time? JUST SIGN. See you on the 8th, you can go now.

I was totally dumbfounded by how much of a douche bag this guy was! I start my car and I'm looking at the ticket waiting for this joker to leave from behind me. ( I pulled into a shopping center parking space) And hes like WAIT don't leave yet. So i'm like okay?

So i'm looking at this ticket thinking what a prick this guy is and I notice his last name is PHENIS! AHAHA So now im laughing in my car waiting for this penis to move. Then he tells me alright you can get out of here. Yet he doesn't move? He gives me a foot of space to back up with his bike behind me. I back up with his bike to my left, and go to pull foward to leave around him, and he freaks! WHAT ARE YOU DOING! TURN AROUND! DONT GO PAST ME! I'm like is this guy serious I pulled past him anyways and left.

So I get home all pissed off I sit down, and read the ticket it says I ran a red light? He even had a description on the bottom saying vehicle was driving, and ran a red light at desert inn and rainbow. It says absolutely nothing about failing to stop while making a right hand turn.

Is there some kind of law that states when an officer makes this type of error your off the hook? That is an error right?

Old 05-13-2009 | 05:25 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by RISK' post='877700' date='May 13 2009, 08:19 PM
law is power, and no ones perfect in this world, there are people that have power and know how to use it, and people that take advantage of it. I dont know hom much the cops get paid around where you live, but a cop at la gets paid 36000$ a year after taxes, can he afford a E60 ?

P.S. I get tickets for no reason, not by just cops but by regular people that live here..

I had 2 chicks that called the cops on me, and told them that I threw a coin at her car, then told them that "ill fucking kill you bitches" then went in front of their beat up 99 nissan sentra and hit the brakes on the 10east .. when its 5 ocklock.. and heavy ass traffic.. and I had 2 cops come the next day after the incident I nevear even knew about yo my house to get some facts about the incident, not counting, six months later, shes claiming damages to her car, and the city of LA is giving me 1 year probation, a fine of 900 dollars ( quadripple of) and a point on my drivers record.. now explain that to me. Geting a ticket for no reason is nuthing compared to my problems.. If you dont beleave me I have the documentations to prove it lol
1. Maybe he can afford an E60. there are people on these boards that make that or less i am sure and drive E60s. point?
2. you get tickets from regular people? i havent been issued my citation book... thats not fair. do i just go down to city hall and ask for one?
3. you told someone "i will kill you bitches" and you wonder why the cops came and found you. uh... that is a threat.
4. who cares if her 99 sentra was beat up
5. why would you endanger your life, their lives and innocent bystanders lives by cutting them off and locking up you brakes?
6. I dont know what quadripple of means.
7. you are getting off pretty good in this case.
8. what does getting a ticket for no reason and it being nothing in comparison to your problems have anything to do with anything. you state that you are pissed about it, then you go and say "its nothing"

You are not helping your case. you ask "somebody explain that to me" with regards to the incident, but you have already explained why you got in trouble in the prior sentances. clearly you are having trouble understanding that you are the problem, not the police. I dont care to argue, I am just trying to make a point. some people cant be reasoned with though.

does anyone remember the guy a few months ago talking about how many cars he crashed and how he would just buy off the cops (in russia) and couldnt comprehend why we thought he was an idiot. This is similar, only thankfully it seems you havent hurt anyone yet.
Old 05-13-2009 | 05:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

Originally Posted by khooger' post='877735' date='May 13 2009, 09:08 PM
You should say Thank You...dick...opps sory Mr.Penis.....
No, you should just ask if the 'H' is silent...
Old 05-13-2009 | 07:42 PM
ObD
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i 6MT

Originally Posted by Brit_in_NJ' post='877720' date='May 13 2009, 08:53 PM
I'm kinda thinking that the "idiot" comment probably counted against you.
The chromed wheels and dark tint on his BMW doesn't help either.
Old 05-13-2009 | 08:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

I'm beginning to see the correlation graph in my head that had to do with depreciation and IQ's again!!
Old 05-13-2009 | 08:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

I don't see what the problem is. Got a ticket, pay it. If you've got a problem with it, take it up with a lawyer.

Simple as that.

No need to trash talk. Unless you're 16
Old 05-13-2009 | 08:36 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 530i 2007

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='877752' date='May 13 2009, 08:25 PM
1. Maybe he can afford an E60. there are people on these boards that make that or less i am sure and drive E60s. point?
2. you get tickets from regular people? i havent been issued my citation book... thats not fair. do i just go down to city hall and ask for one?
3. you told someone "i will kill you bitches" and you wonder why the cops came and found you. uh... that is a threat.
4. who cares if her 99 sentra was beat up
5. why would you endanger your life, their lives and innocent bystanders lives by cutting them off and locking up you brakes?
6. I dont know what quadripple of means.
7. you are getting off pretty good in this case.
8. what does getting a ticket for no reason and it being nothing in comparison to your problems have anything to do with anything. you state that you are pissed about it, then you go and say "its nothing"

You are not helping your case. you ask "somebody explain that to me" with regards to the incident, but you have already explained why you got in trouble in the prior sentances. clearly you are having trouble understanding that you are the problem, not the police. I dont care to argue, I am just trying to make a point. some people cant be reasoned with though.

does anyone remember the guy a few months ago talking about how many cars he crashed and how he would just buy off the cops (in russia) and couldnt comprehend why we thought he was an idiot. This is similar, only thankfully it seems you havent hurt anyone yet.
dude how old are you like 80? if you were standing somewhere and I came up to you and hit you for no reason would you realy think you did something thats why I hit you? Even If you thought that you wouldnt hit back... lol

read my message again, like I said.. Its a no clue thing .. I havent done eny of that.. have you seen the movie double jeopardy the movie? the begining part? how they convict her as a murderer? well I was convicted as a criminal, in my case, Im in court, and have to prove to them that I didnt do it.. do you understand now? maybe we should do a meet, and get to know each other, have some diner, and talk this over, then you mite understand in person.

I dont know what quadripple of means. /? ? ? ? 4 times (x) 900 = 3600.00$ understand now? its just the commisioner sais, you must pay quadripple of 900$ or go to jail for 30 days. Youve never been in cases, you have no right to post laws, or give advice, if youve never actualy got in a incident like that in real life, thats just my advice buddy.. Im not here to rave and rant...

ps Im pissed about it, because if you were in my situation, you mite have said ya, I pppp pp pposssibly did that, but I dont remember that well to the judge..

does enyone remember the good oll days, where you used to hit a fat blunt, take a couple of shots of vodka, get on the wheel and try to get home, then on the way get pulled over by a cop, and he said, let me drive you home, and my PP P P P Patnaa here will drive your car home behind us? I donoo Im just sayin..... lol

Quick Reply: Red Light Ticket... Advice needed! (LITTLE BIT LONG)