Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Recieved a ticket tonight....

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 01:19 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by daydok' date='Apr 22 2005, 02:10 PM
[quote name='Guest' date='Apr 22 2005, 12:38 PM']It doesn't hurt to make "real" friends with cops so they can give you advice or PBA cards!
[snapback]118798[/snapback]

what's a PBA card?
[snapback]118817[/snapback]
[/quote]

Get out of jail free card
Old 04-22-2005, 04:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Apr 21 2005, 09:26 PM
EBMCS03,? are you Indian?? Saurabh is an unusual spelling of a Persian name.? I would not have guessed he is Punjabi.? Jerzeguju?? Never heard of that one.? But then I don't speak Punjabi so what do I know.
[snapback]118473[/snapback]

Haha Nope... What do I know? that was a randome guess. You sound like you know much more than I do.
Old 04-23-2005, 04:35 PM
Senior Members

sorry to hear your story, man :'(. there is something you don't want to do now is change your auto insurance company or do any changes. most of the insurance companies don't care about your record after they issued the policy as long as you pay your premium on time. some won't do anything even if you change your limits or cars. but once you change to a new insurance company, the new ins co will need to know your driving record. then you are in big trouble :'(. whatever goes to the record will stay there for 3 years. so it's better for you to stay with the same ins co for the next 3 years. a friend of mine is driving a wrx sti and got a speeding tix (51 in 25 zone). he was stupid enough that he forgot to pay his ins premium. his ins co has to re-issue his policy but found out he got the tix last year. they refused to issue a new policy to him. i helped him to call my ins co and got a quote. the premium is un#$%&ingbelivable - $13,000 a year ! so you better pay your premium on time and don't change anything w/i the next 3 years .
Old 04-23-2005, 06:14 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 525i: Mystic Blue, Auburn Dakota leather Premium and Winter Package, Xenons

Holy $#!%....13,000...i pay couple grand...that is horrible...
Old 04-23-2005, 06:38 PM
Senior Members

now he found another one for $4,000/yr and he's happy .
Old 04-23-2005, 09:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Apr 23 2005, 04:35 PM
sorry to hear your story, man :'(.? there is something you don't want to do now is change your auto insurance company or do any changes.? most of the insurance companies don't care about your record after they issued the policy as long as you pay your premium on time.? some won't do anything even if you change your limits or cars.? but once you change to a new insurance company, the new ins co will need to know your driving record.? then you are in big trouble :'(.? whatever goes to the record will stay there for 3 years.? so it's better for you to stay with the same ins co for the next 3 years.? a friend of mine is driving a wrx sti and got a speeding tix (51 in 25 zone).? he was stupid enough that he forgot to pay his ins premium.? his ins co has to re-issue his policy but found out he got the tix last year.? they refused to issue a new policy to him.? i helped him to call my ins co and got a quote.? the premium is un#$%&ingbelivable - $13,000 a year !? so you better pay your premium on time and don't change anything w/i the next 3 years .
[snapback]119243[/snapback]
Eh? I thought every year they re-evaluate your records no matter what and if they see a ticket then they'll up your premium anyways. If all insurance comps dont care about your record then why would everyone be so afraid of tickets and points? So you're saying points only affect people who change insurance comps every year?

I heard instead that if your insurance is going to end in a few months like after you pay your fine and DMV deducts the points off your record then you better change insurance comps now and let them check your record now before they deduct your point so at least you get 1 year worth of "cheaper" insurance and 2 years of expensive. Instead of staying with your current insurance comp and getting 3 years worth of expensive insurance. (* I hope that made some sort of sense*)
Old 04-23-2005, 10:17 PM
Senior Members

some ins co check everything and find all kind of excuses to jack up the premium . but some nice ones aren't doing this kind of "cheap" things. it costs them to check on every driver whenever his/her policy is amost expired. their theory is almost like "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" .
Old 04-23-2005, 10:25 PM
Contributors

Ah so its the luck of the draw. Maybe you get checked maybe you wont. so just hope for the best.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:34 PM
Senior Members

sort of. no one knows what ins co exactly are doing. the cops, too . all we know is ins co increase your premium and cops give out tix .
Old 04-24-2005, 12:32 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 525i: Mystic Blue, Auburn Dakota leather Premium and Winter Package, Xenons

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Apr 24 2005, 01:34 AM
sort of.? no one knows what ins co exactly are doing.? the cops, too .? all we know is ins co increase your premium and cops give out tix .
[snapback]119310[/snapback]
Ill give a bonus to the 1st one that can cheat the system...and teach me how to do it ...how does half million sound?

Quick Reply: Recieved a ticket tonight....