Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Recieved a ticket tonight....

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 06:05 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

guju = gurjati = indian
Old 04-22-2005, 06:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by Euro Speedster' date='Apr 22 2005, 06:05 AM
guju = gurjati = indian
[snapback]118656[/snapback]
Damn, you indian too Euro speedster? I understand Gujrati, but I guess i am out of touch.
Old 04-22-2005, 06:30 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 525i: Mystic Blue, Auburn Dakota leather Premium and Winter Package, Xenons

So how many indians are there in here...and were did you learn how to speak gujurati?....anyway...so I believe im going to pay the ticket off...its $400...the back of the ticket states $200 for (20-24 mph over limit) as i was doing 81 in a 40....so $400 it is...someone told me to show up to court and tell the prosecutor you plea gulity and they will lessen the charge...although i was doing 81 in a 40 do you really think the prosecutor will let me off with a lesser charge? tell me what you guys think...and I believe i will recieve 5 points looking on the New Jersey DMV site...also the answer to someones question..it was a local cop..I live in Paramus for you that know...also i was happy he didnt write me up for looting...which is basically hiding from him...this is why i dont want to fight it..since I ran and also was way over the speed limit....
Old 04-22-2005, 06:36 AM
Members

yeah I am Indian.. punjabi
Old 04-22-2005, 06:43 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Jerzguju' date='Apr 22 2005, 09:30 AM
So how many indians are there in here...and were did you learn how to speak gujurati?....anyway...so I believe im going to pay the ticket off...its $400...the back of the ticket states $200 for (20-24 mph over limit) as i was doing 81 in a 40....so $400 it is...someone told me to show up to court and tell the prosecutor you plea gulity and they will lessen the charge...although i was doing 81 in a 40 do you really think the prosecutor will let me off with a lesser charge? tell me what you guys think...and I believe i will recieve 5 points looking on the New Jersey DMV site...also the answer to someones question..it was a local cop..I live in Paramus for you that know...also i was happy he didnt write me up for looting...which is basically hiding from him...this is why i dont want to fight it..since I ran and also was way over the speed limit....
[snapback]118674[/snapback]
Like I said. I would fight it and talk to the prosecutor and try to get unsafe driving. There is no reason not to fight it. Even if you did hide from him. They can not add other chrages to your ticket. The worst you can get is the 81 speeding charge. The best you can do is have the prosecutor give you unsafe driving which is no points. It's up to you. I got stopped by the Paramus Park Mall once for going 67 in a 40 and they let me of with a warning. No reason not to fight it unless you don't want to pay the $30 court fee. Like I said they can not add new charges to your ticket.
Old 04-22-2005, 06:57 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Jerzguju' date='Apr 22 2005, 10:30 AM
[snapback]118674[/snapback]
Another guju here. Having gone through this recently (87 in a 55) I would definitely advise appearing and talking with the prosecutor. If you have a clean record with no points, just tell the prosecutor you had a lapse in judgement and won't do it again. My ticket was knocked down to a 10-15mph offense. The savings in points is well worth it when you consider insurance costs. You have nothing to lose by appearing.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

I outran a cop once and hid from him when I was 18.... and I actually got away with it.

It was fun at the time, but I'd never try my luck like that again. Pretty stupid.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:43 AM
Members

Make sure you guys remember to post when you t-bone some Jersey soccer mom on her way home from Pathmark
Old 04-22-2005, 07:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Arrived 3 June 2005: 2005 545i - Orient Blue, Black interior, Sport, Steptronic, Cold Weather, NAV, Sirius, Logic7, Comfort Seats, Sunshades. What a glorious ride!

Originally Posted by twinzor1' date='Apr 22 2005, 11:43 AM
Make sure you guys remember to post when you t-bone some Jersey soccer mom on her way home from Pathmark
[snapback]118705[/snapback]
Hmmm. T-bone somebody at 110 and I don't believe you'll be posting on message boards for a while ...
Old 04-22-2005, 07:59 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by twinzor1' date='Apr 22 2005, 09:43 AM
[snapback]118705[/snapback]
but those soccer moms drive sooo slow in their Dodge Caravans.

Anyways, speaking of outrunning cops, I did it once and I would never do it again. I had the chance and I took it. It was on the New Jersey TPK north...he was sitting on an overpass and probably clocked me around 85 to 90 and saw him come down the ramp behind me....he was about 1/2 a mile behind. I took exit 14 towards holland tunnel and i lost him in the traffic. It was a stupid move and you can bet its not worth losing a license over it

All indians on this forum say "I"

Quick Reply: Recieved a ticket tonight....