Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Recieved a ticket tonight....

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005 | 08:08 AM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by saurabh' date='Apr 22 2005, 10:59 AM
All indians on this forum say "I"? ?
[snapback]118708[/snapback]
Or How!
Old 04-22-2005 | 08:30 AM
Members

check this speed trap out. You get your ticket with your picture in the mail. The camera is in the pole.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
German_speed_traps.pdf (247.9 KB, 112 views)
Old 04-22-2005 | 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by jersey-kid' date='Apr 22 2005, 06:30 PM
check this speed trap out.? You get your ticket with your picture in the mail.? The camera is in the pole.
[snapback]118715[/snapback]
That's just one of them. They have so many. They can even take pictures from another car, while you are passing it, with both cars in motion. Also they have systems that are undetectable for radar detectors. The worst what can happen is, you get pulled over by an unmarked police car, what becomes a police car in a matter of seconds when they want to stop you. They have video on board and can measure your speed and distance. If they stop you, you're in trouble...

Oh yes, for those of you visiting: Bring cash! If you are not a German resident you have to pay cash at the spot, fines are then doubled...
Old 04-22-2005 | 11:26 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 535d sport saloon M57 Titanium silver nav-pro, bluetooth, media pack, de-chromed, eletric sun roof, auto dim int, folding ext mirrors, auto dim int mirror, sport seats, alum cube interior trim, headlamp washers, bi Xenon, M-sport suspention, M steering wheel, M Aerodynamic bodystyling, M styling wheels, Black leather, Anthacite heading

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Apr 22 2005, 02:20 PM
[quote name='jersey-kid' date='Apr 22 2005, 06:30 PM']check this speed trap out.? You get your ticket with your picture in the mail.? The camera is in the pole.
That's just one of them. They have so many. They can even take pictures from another car, while you are passing it, with both cars in motion. Also they have systems that are undetectable for radar detectors. The worst what can happen is, you get pulled over by an unmarked police car, what becomes a police car in a matter of seconds when they want to stop you. They have video on board and can measure your speed and distance. If they stop you, you're in trouble...

Oh yes, for those of you visiting: Bring cash! If you are not a German resident you have to pay cash at the spot, fines are then doubled...
[snapback]118777[/snapback]
[/quote]

that sucks
Old 04-22-2005 | 11:27 AM
Members

My Ride: '05 545i Sport Package 6-speed, cold weather package, premium sound '07 Mercedes GL450 '07 Porsche 997 Carrera S

You should always request a 'supporting deposition'(see traffic ticket) from the ticketing officer. This must be sent to you before your court date and if the officer fails to do so, case dismissed. If the officer does send you the supporting deposition, check it(and the ticket as well) for technicalities that will allow you to get out of the ticket as well(ie: he wrote wrong license plate #, wrong VIN, wrong eye color, etc.). Also continually postpone the court date as long as possible which improves your odds of the cop not showing up - in which case ticket is dropped. Good Luck!
Old 04-22-2005 | 11:30 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mclc26' date='Apr 22 2005, 02:27 PM
You should always request a 'supporting deposition'(see traffic ticket) from the ticketing officer.? This must be sent to you before your court date and if the officer fails to do so, case dismissed.? If the officer does send you the supporting deposition, check it(and the ticket as well) for technicalities that will allow you to get out of the ticket as well(ie: he wrote wrong license plate #, wrong VIN, wrong eye color, etc.).? Also continually postpone the court date as long as possible which improves your odds of the cop not showing up - in which case ticket is dropped.? Good Luck!
[snapback]118788[/snapback]
In NJ the cop does not have to show up. Makes no difference if he is there or not wexcept when you are dealing with the prosecutor. If the cop was less then impressed with you when he stopped you he could tell the prosecutor that he does not want the charges downgraded.
Old 04-22-2005 | 11:38 AM

Talking

It doesn't hurt to make "real" friends with cops so they can give you advice or PBA cards!
Old 04-22-2005 | 11:53 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jersey-kid' date='Apr 22 2005, 10:30 AM
check this speed trap out.? You get your ticket with your picture in the mail.? The camera is in the pole.
Same thing here in the province I live in Canada (we call them photo radar), but they are always in other vehicles ... the good thing is its only a money ticket with no point
Old 04-22-2005 | 12:10 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Apr 22 2005, 12:38 PM
It doesn't hurt to make "real" friends with cops so they can give you advice or PBA cards!
[snapback]118798[/snapback]

what's a PBA card?
Old 04-22-2005 | 12:12 PM
Contributors

I have been following with some interest, and here is my opinion.

If I were in the same position, then I would go to the prosecuter, and see if they could lessen the charge(less points, maybe less money, less insurance impact). I probably would not fight it if they did not since I tried to run from them and they did not cite me for it. Looks like I already got a break. I was speeding, I was caught, I would pay up. If I did not want to risk this, then I would be driving over the speed limit.

Quick Reply: Recieved a ticket tonight....