Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

A question for the members of this board

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 10:35 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I spend several hours each month preparing the monthly BMW sales reports. My primary motivation for doing them is to share information in a meaningful way and to encourge some intelligent conversation on our favorite BMW models.

I posted my reports to the bimmer.org E60 5 Series board yesterday just a few minutes before I posted it here. As of a few minutes ago there were 823 views and 3,749 thread views. On this board there have been exactly "0" responses and only 51 views. Thus my question. Am I missing something?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
5_Series_Sales.pdf (93.9 KB, 74 views)
Old 08-04-2004, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by FDMeloan' date='Aug 4 2004, 12:35 PM
I spend several hours each month preparing the monthly BMW sales reports. My primary motivation for doing them is to share information in a meaningful way and to encourge some intelligent conversation on our favorite BMW models.

I posted my reports to the bimmer.org E60 5 Series board yesterday just a few minutes before I posted it here. As of a few minutes ago there were 823 views and 3,749 thread views. On this board there have been exactly "0" responses and only 51 views. Thus my question. Am I missing something?
some of us are just sick tired of the childish sales discussions that always happen on the roadfly when the sales #'s are posted.

after all, i moved to this board because of the childish provocative posts from the e39 and other bmw owners on the roadfly.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

FDMeloan, I believe that Guest is partly correct in his response, but there is a bit more to it. The vast majority on the regulars on this board already own an E60 and have made their decision that they like the design direction that BMW has taken with the car. That being said, I personally don't really care about the month-to-month sales figures, because all they get used for is ammunition arguing either for or against the Bangle design. As guest points out, anytime sales figures are posted, the discussion quickly becomes about whether Bangles designs are the death of BMW. Many of us here came over from Roadfly, where that horse has been beaten to death. We look at the figures, and I bet most are like me in that they still look at other boards, Roadfly included, so we've seen the endless debate they cause every month. Those of us who have contributed regularly here own the car, like the design, but are here to discuss topics of interest, both good and bad about owning the car. That means trading useful information to resolve problems or to trade tips about running or caring for the car. We are NOT here to debate the success of Bangle designs. We got plenty of that elsewhere. My apologies for the length.

Ken
Old 08-04-2004, 11:05 AM
Members

Question

I agree. I love my 545, and I don't care if not a single additional person buys one. What does this information offer me in terms of my driving experience and knowledge of the car?

Question: I assume this board will be monitored more agressively to keep out the riff raff? If not, aren't we just buying time until they find us?
Old 08-04-2004, 11:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

I also failed to mention that, while your work is appreciated, it for US sales only and many member of this board are from Europe, the Far East and other parts of the world, who may not really care what the US sales figures are.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:13 AM
Contributors

I appreciate your post, and I like reading the figures, but I didn't post a response because I didn't want to turn this into a huge debate on the design of the car.

This is a different 'class' of group over here, and most of us are here to help each other learn things about our cars.

thanks for your effort,

james
Old 08-04-2004, 11:13 AM
New E60 Owner

Actually.....

I know I'm not even an official part of this board yet, but I think along with every other member......

We are greatful for the work you put in to report the sales numbers.

And I think while most look over the numbers and ponder them...... all forget to say

THANK YOU.

Old 08-04-2004, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

FDMeloan,
first off all, thanks for posting those infos.
But to be honest, I don't care about, because I have my E60 and don't care what others do. I love the car and if sales go down, I really don't care, since I will have a unique car then...
Allthough from time to time I take a look at your infos and therrefore I would really miss them.
but I am sick of the discussion. Sales up or down doesn't even mean the ppl love or hte a car. You have to take a closer look to te economy to get the whole picture. Sales it self say not more or less than, BMW has sold cars...
Old 08-04-2004, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Attached Thumbnails A question for the members of this board-tiere_0018.jpg  
Old 08-04-2004, 02:19 PM
Contributors

I would agree with kscarrol. I give the numbers a cursory review out of general interest. Thank you for posting them. I just don't feel there is much to say, let the numbers speak for themselves.

Quick Reply: A question for the members of this board