Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Question about PC speakers with TV

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 08:35 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I just bought Creative Gigaworks T40 speakers and have been using them with my PC playing music and it sounds great. I then tried playing some PS3 games with it to see how it sounds. I have a Samsung LED-TV but it only has 1 Audio Input in the back. There is no RCA input. Anyways I connected a 3.5mm cable to the audio input in the TV and the other end in the speakers.
For some reason - I have to turn the volume on the speakers all the way up to get normal sound on my TV. (its not even that loud)
Why is this? When i use it on my PC - its loud enough half way. Also there's this annoying hissing sound that I can hear after I turn the volume to the max.
How can I solve this problem? Do I have to buy 2 RCA adapters and put it on each side (tv audio input & speaker input) and then connect them with an RCA cable? OR do I have to buy some sort of an amp?

Sorry if this is weird to post here about this..but I thought I ask here to see if anyone can help me out quick - since I really don't know another forum that can help me out with this - and I tried searching google - but nothing.
Hopefully someone here can help me out quick
Old 10-06-2010, 09:08 PM
Members

Never mind - I just figured it out Mod can delete this topic if you want
Old 10-06-2010, 11:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mh17m3
I have a Samsung LED-TV
You do ? Do you mean a true OLED TV ? I thought they were still maximum of about 12" in size still and only made by Sony so far.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DD_545i
You do ? Do you mean a true OLED TV ? I thought they were still maximum of about 12" in size still and only made by Sony so far.
America is fucking awesome... We have gigantic houses and condos that we need to fill with outrageous shit.

Let me google that for you
Old 10-07-2010, 06:19 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841
America is fucking awesome... We have gigantic houses and condos that we need to fill with outrageous shit.

Let me google that for you
Not sure what you're getting at with this response. I was trying to subtlely tell him he doesn't have an LED TV at all, he has an LCD TV with an LED backlight. Samsung are as dumb as a bag of shit for calling their new TVs "LED TVs" because they're not. It's like me calling my car a hover car because it's hovering above the ground on 4 cushions of air.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

Not sure what you're getting at with this response. I was trying to subtlely tell him he doesn't have an LED TV at all, he has an LCD TV with an LED backlight. Samsung are as dumb as a bag of shit for calling their new TVs "LED TVs" because they're not. It's like me calling my car a hover car because it's hovering above the ground on 4 cushions of air.

as for why they call it LED, is all just for marketing. But you are right is an LCD panel with LED light around the edges of the panel. Theres only one TV I believe is by samsung as well, but is around 4k. Thats the closest you get to true LED because the edges and all of the back panel is LED lit. For those who dont know OLED (Organic LED) are the TVs replacing the pixels from your LCD with real LEDs. Its hard and pricey, as pricey as a 11" screen of OLED is close to $2,500
Old 10-07-2010, 06:34 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Da_Meister_22

as for why they call it LED, is all just for marketing. But you are right is an LCD panel with LED light around the edges of the panel. Theres only one TV I believe is by samsung as well, but is around 4k. Thats the closest you get to true LED because the edges and all of the back panel is LED lit. For those who dont know OLED (Organic LED) are the TVs replacing the pixels from your LCD with real LEDs. Its hard and pricey, as pricey as a 7" screen of OLED is close to $2,500
Can't wait for my first 50" true LED (AMOLED) TV. Might have to sell the house to buy it
Old 10-07-2010, 06:44 AM
Contributors

haha, i was trying to be funny while poking fun at America. Everyone i know refers to them as LED TVs, right or wrong, it is the terminology that is widely used. All of the companies are doing it. I dont think we should gig a consumer for calling it an LED TV
Old 10-07-2010, 06:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

Can't wait for my first 50" true LED (AMOLED) TV. Might have to sell the house to buy it
yeah considering the 11" in $2,500, we should price the 50" around $20,000. lmao
Old 10-07-2010, 06:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841
haha, i was trying to be funny while poking fun at America. Everyone i know refers to them as LED TVs, right or wrong, it is the terminology that is widely used. All of the companies are doing it. I dont think we should gig a consumer for calling it an LED TV
But where else can we rant about stuff like this that annoys us ? Samsung aren't listening

Originally Posted by Da_Meister_22
yeah considering the 11" in $2,500, we should price the 50" around $20,000. lmao
Oh, cheap then, I'll take 3

Quick Reply: Question about PC speakers with TV