Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Poor Tiger

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 12:35 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Mercedes CLS63 AMG Designo Graphite with white leather interior Keyless Go, Heated/Ventilated seats, Parktronic

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='1067722' date='Dec 4 2009, 08:44 AM
This should be a matter between the husband and the wife and nobody else's business.
Porsche911targa - I agree on all other points, but in Tiger's case I have to disagree on this one. It's EVERYONE'S business. A guy like Tiger who gladly accepts hundreds of millions of dollars in endorsements is wide open to the public. On ESPN radio there's a show called Mike & Mike in the Morning and they made an excellent point in regards to this. They basically said that a normal John Doe's "circle" includes his close friends, family, and maybe even the people who live on his street. Tiger's "circle" encompasses the entire country since he has made himself to be this big of a figure. He's spent the last 15 years carefully manicuring his image and then this comes out. The real question is just how much this will effect his image, endorsements, golf ratings, etc.... From what I've seen, it appears as though Nike and Gatorade are standing behind Tiger 100%.

If Kobe Bryant's negative image can be basically forgotten about 2 years after he had rape allegations, then I'm sure Tiger's image will be just fine.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:51 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='1067140' date='Dec 3 2009, 10:46 AM
I agree!! Beside, why would anybody want to cheat on a woman who looks that beautiful??
I believe it was Einstein that theorized; "Behind every beautiful woman stands a man that is tired of fucking her."
Old 12-04-2009, 12:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='1067722' date='Dec 4 2009, 09:44 AM
I agree, there is never an excuse for adultery. Let me go on record saying that I have been happily married for 31 years and have never, ever cheated on my wife. My wife also has never cheated on me, trust me, we would both know. Anyway, we have done the talk thing and things have always gone back on track quickly. People who meet us think we've only been married a few years; this is how fresh we keep it.

Having said that, it takes an enormous amount of work to make the other person feel needed and wanted. There are a lot of give and takes on both sides, and if one party only takes and never gives, I can understand how the other side would go outside of the wedding for emotional support. I would never judge other couples for cheating. I don't know their circumstances and therefore I would abstain from judging them, but cheating seems to be a widespread practice and therefore I take it as a sign of being human, as wrong as it is. This should be a matter between the husband and the wife and nobody else's business. As far as divorce is concerned, I think divorce is more of a threat to the sanctity of marriage than cheating or same-sex marriages. Maybe divorce is one reason that so many people cheat figuring that if they get caught they can always get divorced. I'd say, let's ban divorce for non-abusive marriages and maybe people will do a better job of picking their partners since they know that they would be stuck with them for life.
interesting theory and i agree on all your points with a healthy marriage.. we are no one to judge, we dont know what went on IN the marriage to say anything. he IS a fool though because hes stupid if he didnt think it would get out, being in the public eye so much..i would have loved to see his face though when he knew she knew and she went after him.. lol.. just cause he always looks so neat and all..lol..
Old 12-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by iCharles' post='1067958' date='Dec 4 2009, 04:51 PM
I believe it was Einstein that theorized; "Behind every beautiful woman stands a man that is tired of fucking her."
Hahahaha, interesting theory with a hint of truth.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Members

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='1068113' date='Dec 5 2009, 12:10 AM
Hahahaha, interesting theory with a hint of truth.
Just a hint? This is completely true.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

I guess everyone by now has heard that Tiger's wife has asked that her settlement be presented on one of those oversized checks?

Old 12-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Silver BMW 525i, loaded w/o Nav 2007 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer, loaded w/o Nav

It's rare to find a guy who has never, in any way shape or form, cheated on his wife...

I think statistically, 85% of married men have cheated. But, so have 80% of all married women.

Personally, I have never cheated on my wife. Ever. Have I had chances too? Of course. But, I always believe what goes around, comes around- and that belief keeps me scared straight. I may have flirted and been flirted with, but I draw the line there... Anything more is an invitation to disaster. You could lose half (or all) your crap, or worse- wake up "dead" one morning because our wife killed you in your sleep. Betrayal is a game no sensible person wants to play- unless you know you can get away with it... I don't know many who have gotten away with it; add Tiger to that list now.

I never did it when we were DINK's (Double-Income No Kids), and I sure as heck won't do it now- now that I have children.

However, let be honest- Tiger Woods is one of the richest, most well-known men under 40 in America. A LOT of women are going to gravitate to him.

He's not ugly-
He's stinky rich-
He can change their lives with the stroke of his ink pen (No pun intended)-
He's a celebrity-
He's got celebrity friends-

I mean, there are a lot of women who cheat with men with far less to offer- so of course they are going to step to Tiger. I'm sure for a while Tiger did well not to mess with any of them, but most marriages cool off after a few years. The sex evaporates, and all you are left with is responsibility, a marriage, and a partner they probably still loves you, but doesn't lust for you anymore. What you were used to getting several times a day/week, now only happens a few times a month.

After that, a few times a year. After that birthdays and major holidays...

When you are a good-looking, wealthy man, who still wants that part of life and you have women throwing themselves at you (options), it's going to be really hard (no pun intended) to keep saying no. All it would take is a few weeks drought, and a good argument- and the stage is set. Especially, when your friends are doing it.

Was Tiger right to do what he did? No.
Do I condone it? No.
Would I have done the same thing had I the same opportunities? From where I sit, that answer is "No". But, I haven't walked in his shoes- so I can't be sure...

I don't think any man can keep saying no indefinitely... Not when it's staring you right in the face, and not when women are willing to compromise themselves in anyway possible, for a shot at you. The only way to stay clean, is to stay at home, or keep your wife with you 24x7.

Beauty is not enough to keep a man honest. I haven't seen many women more beautiful than Kobe's wife... Kobe messed around with a homely girl in Colorado. Why? Because he thought he could get away with it...

Why else would he? Here's a few...

Availability-
Willingness-
Eagerness to please-
Easy (enough) on the eyes-
Freaky-

Even a woman who is less than attractive- if she possesses those attributes will challenge and in most cases temporarily overpower a beautiful woman's hold on a man, if she lacks any of those traits.

I don't know Tiger, but I was in the Army for 10 years- and I know a LOT of jokers who have cheated on their wives, and a bunch that have cheated on their husbands- and the one thing that I would say caused the most cheating... Availability.

As Full Force said, "If you can't be with the one you love, you gotta love the one you're with..."