Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Police officer kicks suspect in the head

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i Black/ Smoked LED side markers/ CF kidney Grille/ Shadowline Trim/Miro 346 V2/General Exclaim 19"/CF Badges/H&R Sport Springs/ Koni FSD shocks/struts/R1 Concepts Drilled & Slotted Rotors/ Hawk Pads/ Mtec V2 lights/

Originally Posted by lightfytr' post='878513' date='May 14 2009, 03:28 PM
Man, I watched that chase on cnn.com for like 10-15 minutes, that little corolla hauled ass!

We need to get him a PT patch!!
Old 05-14-2009, 11:36 AM
Senior Members

Unfortunately, the driver will soon be able to afford to upgrade to an e60 with the money he will get from the lawsuit that is likely being drafted as we speak....
Old 05-14-2009, 11:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 650 Grand Coupe
Model Year: 2016

As far as I'm concerned, you lead the cops on a high speed chase, indiscriminately endanger the lives of many innocent citizens, then you no longer deserve the rights of the law abiding world. I would have kicked the SOB twice!

If he would have just pulled over and the cops hit him, it would be another story, but that guy deserved what he got. He would not want me on his jury. I'm sick and tired of the criminals having all the rights.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gbaty0001' post='878499' date='May 14 2009, 02:14 PM
One guys car on here gets hit by some kid running the streets, or hits something even more more precious, id like to hear your level headed oppinion then.
Its easy to be on the side of caution when you watch it from the safety of your laptops. Come on, are you really taking the side of a criminals over the side of someone making an attempt to stop that. That kid was not making rational decions, so why should we rationalize the situation for him?
i don't think anyone has taken the criminals side here - but when the suspect is down willingly, facing the ground and apparently at that point cooperating with police there is no need to abuse and take a cheap shot like that. That officer should be written up or whatever, but that just wasn't cool.
Letting the dog bite him would've been more appropriate !

PS: don't forget the high 5 one cop w/the k-9 officer did to each other!!!
Old 05-14-2009, 11:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i Black/ Smoked LED side markers/ CF kidney Grille/ Shadowline Trim/Miro 346 V2/General Exclaim 19"/CF Badges/H&R Sport Springs/ Koni FSD shocks/struts/R1 Concepts Drilled & Slotted Rotors/ Hawk Pads/ Mtec V2 lights/

Hes out on bail stealing an E60 from Cali again, .....do you know where your E60 is?!
Old 05-14-2009, 11:49 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gbaty0001' post='878525' date='May 14 2009, 12:45 PM
Hes out on bail stealing an E60 from Cali again, .....do you know where your E60 is?!

No need to steal one.... a year from now, he will pay cash for a new one for him and his girlfriend. Dude just hit the lottery.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Originally Posted by gbaty0001' post='878499' date='May 14 2009, 02:14 PM
One guys car on here gets hit by some kid running the streets, or hits something even more more precious, id like to hear your level headed oppinion then.
Its easy to be on the side of caution when you watch it from the safety of your laptops. Come on, are you really taking the side of a criminals over the side of someone making an attempt to stop that. That kid was not making rational decions, so why should we rationalize the situation for him?
My level-headed opinion would be the same. If some one already has submitted and gone face down with their arms outstretched, it doesn't matter what they've done. It's not up to the police to punish people, let the courts do that. They are there in this case to neutralize and apprehend a suspect. All he had to do was handcuff the guy, but instead he used poor judgement for which he will pay. So, criminals aren't rational, so we shouldn't expect those enforcing the law to be? Aren't we, including the police, supposed to be more professional/intelligent in our dealings than criminals? Commiting assault on a defenseless man will earn that officer a reprimand. It is indefensible. Two wrongs do not make a right.

Also, do we now punish people at our own discretion for what MIGHT have happened? So we kick a guy who's finally showing a modicum of sense by realizing he's screwed and giving up because he COULD have run over somebody? My tax dollars pay for a higher level of professionalism. I showed this clip to my brother, who currently in federal law enforcement (10+ years following 5 years as an MP), and he said the same thing: bad move, unprofessional, unjustified. If we want to live in a civilized society, we're not going to improve by coming down to the level of criminals.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

Originally Posted by MacoBMW4life' post='878523' date='May 14 2009, 12:42 PM
i don't think anyone has taken the criminals side here - but when the suspect is down willingly, facing the ground and apparently at that point cooperating with police there is no need to abuse and take a cheap shot like that. That officer should be written up or whatever, but that just wasn't cool.
Letting the dog bite him would've been more appropriate !

PS: don't forget the high 5 one cop w/the k-9 officer did to each other!!!
+1...Thats BS....You can't kick a guy, no matter what he has done, when he's laying face down waiting to be arrested...We all have jobs and there are rules you have to follow...There are plenty of times we get mad at work, but you have to have self control....Reguardless of what the suspect did, the officers went overboard and let his anger take over....I understand officers have tough jobs, but thats what they want to do for a living...They have rules to follow just like everyone else does at there job....That was a completly a cheap shot on the officers part... :thumbsdown:
Old 05-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='878556' date='May 14 2009, 01:22 PM
My level-headed opinion would be the same. If some one already has submitted and gone face down with their arms outstretched, it doesn't matter what they've done. It's not up to the police to punish people, let the courts do that. They are there in this case to neutralize and apprehend a suspect. All he had to do was handcuff the guy, but instead he used poor judgement for which he will pay. So, criminals aren't rational, so we shouldn't expect those enforcing the law to be? Aren't we, including the police, supposed to be more professional/intelligent in our dealings than criminals. Commiting assault on a defenseless man will earn that officer a reprimand. It is indefensible. Two wrongs do not make a right.

Also, do we now punish people at our own discretion for what MIGHT have happened? So we kick a guy who's finally showing a modicum of sense by realizing he's screwed and giving up because he COULD have run over somebody? My tax dollars pay for a higher level of professionalism. I showed this clip to my brother, who currently in federal law enforcement (10+ years following 5 years as an MP), and he said the same thing: bad move, unprofessional, unjustified. If we want to live in a civilized society, we're not going to improve by coming down to the level of criminals.
Calvin is 100% correct here...
Old 05-14-2009, 01:03 PM
Contributors

Well lesson learned, wrong or right, if you run from LAPD you will get kicked in the head,and I will laugh and support it. I didnt hear all these bleeding hearts when that pitcher for the Angels got hit by some a$$ and died. The officer will get a repremand, go out, arrest a few hundred felons, and not want a thank you from anyone.

Quick Reply: Police officer kicks suspect in the head