Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Police have me on video doing 101mph

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009 | 10:11 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by DD_545i' post='764432' date='Jan 10 2009, 09:27 PM
LOL, there's the new episode of Greenberg
breaking the law is only applicable to cars that run number plates that the politicians run, special agencies, the police and other groups in my country. I prefer the politician number plates as Iam a part of the United Russia party so its just fine for me to run a number plate that contains the letters EPE which means "Edinaya Rossiya Edet" which stands for United Russia is Driving.

So breaking any harsh rules that usually would result in your driving license taken away or you would have to bribe the cop. With the right number plate the cop just closes his eyes as if he didnt see you doing it

here are some examples of the United Russia party

[attachment=89273:111.jpg]
[attachment=89274:144.jpg]
[attachment=89275:medium_5174.jpg]
[attachment=89276:medium_40945.jpg]
[attachment=89277:medium_134336.jpg]
Old 01-10-2009 | 10:29 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d M-Sport

FWIW I think 7 is perfectly sensible.......but I guess that depends if its 5 Nissan Micra's or 5 BMW 5'ers

Hard to visualise without actually being there, the post is worthwhile however, as you know many of us are coming across the schleife and other places in July, a definate worthwhile heads up on something I wasn't aware of
Old 01-10-2009 | 10:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d M-Sport

Originally Posted by boukehj' post='764438' date='Jan 10 2009, 06:36 PM
162 kmh or 45 meter per second. Not only would you have to react within 0.77 seconds if something happens (which is really short if something unexpected happens), but you should also remember that if you engage the brake later than the person in front of you (which always happens, because you have a non-zero response time) and the brakes of both cars are equally effective, than the distance between the your car and the car in front of you will decrease during the braking as well.
I saw this point illustrated in a tv programme once. It was shocking to see that, while the distance between the two cars was around 20 meters at the moment that the tailing car started braking fully (hence, from that moment on there were 2 identical cars with wheels locked coming to a full stop), that the cars still collided before they came to a halt.
Message: while braking, the speed difference is still positive, so you continue to close in on the car in front of you.

With only 35 meters and a speed of 160 kph, you wouldn't stand a chance if the car in front of you would brake to a full stop.
To be fair catastrophic stops without pre warning generaly very very rarely happen, if your reading the road ahead sensibly in the first place your unlikely to be caught out, nobody stamps on the brakes from 160 for no good reason, even a tyre blowing wouldn't see someone slow that quickly , and in any case if your reading the road ahead and planning you would simply change lanes if you realised you wasn't gonna stop, unless your a complete donut and just hold on for the ride..........all IMHO anyways.
Old 01-10-2009 | 10:33 AM
Members

My Ride: 520D M Sport Manual, Media Package, Dakota Grey leather, USB, Folding mirrors, Carbon Black.

I think the w**kers have too much time on their hands to bother with such trivia. Crime rate must be very low in Germany. Sorry dudes this sounding like police state to me.
Old 01-10-2009 | 10:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

I hope the fine was heavy!

The safety gap between cars is very important to understand!

All highway (Autobahn) accidents are do for a too narrow gap.

Think about it!

The streets are not racing tracks!
Old 01-10-2009 | 11:04 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='764479
Yep, every single accident ever.

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='764479' date='Jan 10 2009, 08:37 PM
Who said they are? Since when was a constant 101mph with a pretty reasonable gap racing?
Old 01-10-2009 | 11:10 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='764479' date='Jan 10 2009, 10:37 PM
I hope the fine was heavy!

The safety gap between cars is very important to understand!

Think about it!

Autobahn is one of the safest highway in the world what I remember being said on Discovery channel. Even though people drive fast...
Old 01-10-2009 | 11:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by Greenberg' post='764511' date='Jan 10 2009, 10:10 PM
Autobahn is one of the safest highway in the world what I remember being said on Discovery channel. Even though people drive fast...
Yes, but everyone needs to play by the rules, as the Germans most often do.

But the safety rules must be understood! The safety gap between cars is one of them.

German Autobahns are about the last place in the world where one can drive as fast as the car can go.
That can be done at some night hours and needs a constant view in the rear mirror.

There are always faster cars than yours...
Old 01-10-2009 | 11:30 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Greenberg' post='764511' date='Jan 10 2009, 03:10 PM
You write as if it?s one highway...
Old 01-10-2009 | 11:42 AM
Contributors

Nice to know Greenberg

Quick Reply: Police have me on video doing 101mph