Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Which NFL team is the best team of the decade?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 02:17 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
Actually, 30+ years works for me. OK, you're from NE and not a bandwagon fan. Hahahaha!
Hahaha, but still, I'm not as lunatic a fan as the natives.

Ps. 34 years, to be exact.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by porsche911targa
With the Yankees the talk is all about the biggest payroll of the league, the steroids, the signals stealing, etc. and with the Patriots it's all about a meaningless taping of a walk through where teams don't even throw all their stuff out there. If it makes people feel good about that, so be it. All that matters is that New England fans were blessed for having the best team of the 2000-2009 decade. Somebody mentioned that they were bad the first 40 years. Who cares? They became a great team and dominated the past decade. Period. End of story. We all know that Toyotas sucked the first few decades, then became great, and now suck again. It's a cycle. We had our fun in the sun and now may be somebody else's turn. I don't care. I lived through the best decade of Massachusetts sports history and there are many generations before me, and perhaps after, who cannot make the same claim.

I forgot to mention in an earlier response to PJinca. They have not won a SB since the accident, but that is due largely in part to the fact that the 2 best offensive and defensive coordinators in the league left. They did, however, have an undefeated regular season where they shattered several records including most TD's thrown by a QB and most TD's by a single receiver. Yes, we know they lost the big game, but they kept it close and just ran out of gas.

This is what it comes down to: America loves losers and hates winners. As long as America keeps hating the Patriots it means that they're still a threat to the entire NFL. When/if America starts loving the Patriots, I'll know that they really suck.
Please America, keep hating the Patriots......
Old 02-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by sportzfan76
Patriots* Suck !

It took almost 40 years for that loser franchise to win anything.... and then when they finally did win it was all tainted.

Between the bogus TUCK RULE - which was a fumble by the way - without inconclusive evidence to overturn the original call on the field - to all of
Bellicheat's antics with camera-gate over the next several years - there never was a dynasty.

Get over it - they are a second tier franchise that the entire nation despises.
Be as it may, the Raiders also stole a game from the Patriots in 1976. The football gods took care of that 25 years later. Payback is a bitch......

In both cases, both teams were still leading after the calls and all they had to do was hold off the other offense, but both the Patriots in 76 and the Raiders in 02 allowed the other team to go on and score, and as they say, the rest is history. At least the winners of either games went on to win the SB.

Here, in case you weren't born in 1976. Happy reading and google some more if you need more details:

http://oldschool.pressdemocrat.com/d...p?item=2300935