Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Which NFL team is the best team of the decade?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 09:07 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by Iceman
I am in Politics (CDU - Christian Democratic Union => Rep.) here in Germany now.
Whenever I am in the US I just relax, scuba dive and have fun. And I will be cruising again.
Politics and my travel agency keep me busy.
Besides, I work at the CCI (Chamber of Commerce and Industry), drive a towtruck (for ADAC, the German AAA) on the weekends and help building up an American Football team here in Frankfurt (Frankfurt Universe). This team was founded by the fans of NFL Europe after they folded in 2007. And since they want to be as professional as amateur teams can possibly get I help them... as their Equipment Manager, Video Director and Stats guy.
I am the only German who ever took the certification test by the AEMA (Athletic Equipment Managers Association) and passed it. But, since I have not been a member and took the test just for fun, I can not call myself "certified"...
Wow ice I had no idea u were so busy!! Cool
Old 02-10-2010, 03:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl
Are you saying thats you??
That's Iceman...
Old 02-10-2010, 05:02 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by kscarrol
That's Iceman...

Yes Sir.

Which NFL team is the best team of the decade?-kroeger.jpg
Old 02-10-2010, 01:10 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 530xi - Titanium Silver Metallic / Gray Dakota Leather / Dark Poplar Wood Trim / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / Premium Sound Package / Lumbar Support / Xenon Adaptive Light Control / 6 speed auto - Steptronic Trans. /Sirius Satellite Radio / Voice Activation / Navigation / Moonroof

Reluctantly, I must also agree that it is the Patriots, but certainly not for their body of work in the later part of the decade.

To all you Pats fans out there, I certainly hope you have enjoyed your glory days, as I don't see you returning to the top of the mountain for the foreseeable future. Brady is still a great QB, absent Welker and an aging Moss, he just doesn't have the horses that he used to.

By the way, the last time I checked, the Pats were 3-3 in 6 SB appearances.

Remember this . . . . . [think the Voice of God - John Facenda] - There are 31 teams in the National Football League, and then there are the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by one4thethumb
Remember this . . . . . [think the Voice of God - John Facenda] - There are 31 teams in the National Football League, and then there are the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

Why does it seem that this thread discusses an issue of interest to those fans whose teams did not go to nor win the Super Bowl.

sixcard
Old 02-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by Iceman
Lololololol
Old 02-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sixcard
Why does it seem that this thread discusses an issue of interest to those fans whose teams did not go to nor win the Super Bowl.

sixcard
Because this thread isnt about the super bowl, its about the last decade. The only 3 teams you could consider as the best team are the Pats, Pittsburgh, and the Colts.

Pats won more super bowls in that time. Also played in the more than anyone in that time.
Steelers won both they played in.
Colts won the most regular season games and added 1 super bowl with another appearance.

Those are my placings and my justification for them.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i sport

Patriots were the best team of the last decade. 85' Chicago Bears had the best team in the history of the NFL. Admittedly, that means the Patriots have been better, longer. That's a little OT, but I gotta sneak into this thread somehow... No need to reinforce how bad they were this season
Old 02-10-2010, 11:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl
Because this thread isnt about the super bowl, its about the last decade. The only 3 teams you could consider as the best team are the Pats, Pittsburgh, and the Colts.

Pats won more super bowls in that time. Also played in the more than anyone in that time.
Steelers won both they played in.
Colts won the most regular season games and added 1 super bowl with another appearance.

Those are my placings and my justification for them.
I think, to be absolutely fair, you need to add the phrase "And got caught cheating more than anyone else in that time" to your justification criteria of the Patriots.

I realize you feel that every team cheats but then again, maybe every team doesn't. The fact that the Patriots are the only team that the NFL busted has to carry some weight in anyone's ranking. Records and rankings are based primarily in facts and in the case of the Patriots, there's one solid fact that simply can't be ignored or rationalized away...

Quick Reply: Which NFL team is the best team of the decade?