Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

NFL 2012

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012 | 09:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
If we don't get a WR I'm hoping we get a DE to match Peppers on the opposite side

can't wait to welcome ALuck to the NFL...colts on sunday and then the Pack on thursday....that's one way to start off the season

HAHAHA, it wil be a RUDE awakening for Luck coming into the league. The Colts need a TON of help, in short, they suck, and even a great QB would have trouble turning them into winners by himself. Which is why I expect RG3 to have a better career, in Washington they have a top 10 defense already (I think they were #7 in total defense last year), and with a few more pieces on offense they can give the Cowboys and Giants a run for their money easily.
Old 04-26-2012 | 10:01 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

not mad at megatron getting the madden cover this year, hoping he doesn't get injured just has a bad year due to the curse...

any help we can get in our division we'll take
Old 04-26-2012 | 10:42 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 E61 530D - Dynamic Drive - Active Front Steering Sport Seats - Voice Control - Head Up Display - Nav Pro - Bluetooth - Panoramic roof - Front/rear heated seats

Originally Posted by Theo
...I'm not sure if you can get a first class lineman there, DeCastro will be gone...
Hm, was I wrong...
Ah well, we'll see what happens. I think this draft won't be as unpredictable as last year.
Again...

Anyways, Pjinca, your Steelers got probably the best inside lineman this draft so that should please you?
Old 04-27-2012 | 06:33 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Interesting first round pick for the Bears...hoping this McClellin compliments JP well on the pass rush...as much hate is going on, I'm hoping emery is right about this one...

stats, vids, and commentary on him seem solid though. I've read GB was actually looking at getting him in the 1st round as well....

definitely seems like the "Patriot" system type of pick that emery said he wanted to implement when he took the job....
Old 04-27-2012 | 06:59 AM
Contributors

Hm, was I wrong...

Again...

Anyways, Pjinca, your Steelers got probably the best inside lineman this draft so that should please you?
Theo, I am THRILLED, we can always pick up ILB depth in the later rounds, but Big Ben needs to stay upright for us to win (even though he still holds on to the ball waaaay too long). Now in the later rounds we can address needs at T, DT, ILB, CB, and RB, I will be watching tonight.

(BTW, I agree with you, DeCastro was easily the best Guard in the draft, I never once thought he would drop to the Steelers)
Old 04-27-2012 | 07:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 E61 530D - Dynamic Drive - Active Front Steering Sport Seats - Voice Control - Head Up Display - Nav Pro - Bluetooth - Panoramic roof - Front/rear heated seats

Originally Posted by pjinca
Now in the later rounds we can address needs at T, DT, ILB, CB, and RB, I will be watching tonight.
I think you need a young nosetackle and a DE, not sure who would qualify there... Upshaw is too small for a 3-4.

There are lots of great players with 1st round grades still available, especially OL's and WR, if a few fall to the lower 2nd round (if Wallace holds out,hm?)

On to day 2!
Old 04-27-2012 | 08:02 AM
Contributors

I think you need a young nosetackle and a DE, not sure who would qualify there... Upshaw is too small for a 3-4.

There are lots of great players with 1st round grades still available, especially OL's and WR, if a few fall to the lower 2nd round (if Wallace holds out,hm?)

On to day 2!

Well, in the last 4 years we have gotten Ziggy Hood and Cameron Heyward, so DE of the future is set. We definitely need a NT/DT. Not really any OLB that are worth taking, since we have Harrison and Woodley. WR will be fine, they will get the issues with Wallace sorted, the Steelers hardly ever have holdouts. We need at least a O-Tackle, an ILB, a CB, a RB, and hopefully a Safety for depth - luckily the Steelers have 4 7th rd picks so they can snag a couple of developmental players to teach and hopefully start in a couple of years - THAT is the "Steeler Way"

After round 1 I am pleased, we now have the Center of the present/future with Pouncey, and hopefully DeCastro will give us a Faneca like Guard that can shore up the line for the next 10 years.
Old 04-27-2012 | 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

Solid pick with AJeffery in the second, gave up a 5th round pick, but well worth it if this guy can stay focussed...the thought of this guy lining up along side brandon marshall is promising...

3rd round pick of Hardin is a question mark, he missed the whole 2011 season due to shoulder injury and surgery but did well at the combine IMO, wonder if he'll be used as a FS or perhaps CB as he played that in college as well....

hmmm
Old 04-28-2012 | 07:36 PM
Contributors

I have to agree with Michael Lombardi's assessment of the Steelers draft: He gave them an "A" grade.
Rd 1 - best Guard in draft
Rd 2 - One of the best tackles in the draft, who had some off field issues, but proved himself to the Steelers prior to being drafted.
Rd 3 - LB (supposedly under sized, but so was James Harrison coming out of college and that turned out ok)
Rd 4 - The only true NT in the draft, perfect (had to trade our 4th and 6th rd picks to get him, but that's ok)
Rd 5 - An explosive RB and really good special teams player
Rd - 7 WR, TE, G, CB
Fantastic job by Colbert and crew at Steelers HQ
Old 04-28-2012 | 08:30 PM
Super Moderator

while the bears didn't get the big names or highest performers I think they made some solid picks. Always hard to tell how these picks will turn out, I'll hold my judgement for later into the season. I do trust in our new GM and can already tell he's far better than our previous GM which ran us into the ground during his tenure...can't wait for the season to start....

Quick Reply: NFL 2012