Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

NFL 2009!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 07:05 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1088151' date='Jan 11 2010, 10:34 AM
Um, how come when they lost it became a rebuilding year? Funny, their season doesn't meet ANY of the criteria of a "rebuilding year" - that is until they got their butts kicked by Baltimore. 2009 rebuilding teams are: Chiefs, Bucs, Raiders (perpetually), Browns, even the Broncos. The Pats? Let's see, the core is still there - same system QB, same receivers, they even dusted off Seau for another go round. Anyone going to tell me the Jets aren't rebuilding? Oh, that's right, they're still playing they CAN'T be rebuilding right? Please, Belicheat has just found that this game is a lot more like his Cleveland teams when you don't have the defenses play calls before hand.
This is not even worth arguing. I'll let AWG give you a few pointers. What core are we talking about? The defense is in total disarray, there are no safeties or cornerbacks left, not to mention the offensive line.

Bruschi, gone. Vrabel, gone. Harrison, gone. Seymore, gone. Samuel, gone. Gay, gone. I'd type more, but my fingertips hurt. That's my excuse. What's Pittsburgh's excuse?
Old 01-11-2010, 07:07 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alls i gots to say....

J! - E! - T! - S! JETS JETS JETS!!! #1 Defense and Running game in the league baby!!! Look out Chargers... and Rivers with your girly throw.

Lol
Old 01-11-2010, 07:15 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='1088163' date='Jan 11 2010, 08:05 AM
This is not even worth arguing. I'll let AWG give you a few pointers.

Let's keep the "pointers" to those that live in houses without wheels - shall we? Funny how NO ONE mentioned this being a "rebuilding" year until they lost. Amazing how that works. Last time they won was in the 2004 season, so they have been "rebuilding" for the last 5 seasons? Really? Seriously?
Old 01-11-2010, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

rebuilding year? a few posts back didn't you state "no excuses".

division champs? who cares, like I said before, if you don't win the superbowl it means nothing, no one remembers or cares who won the division.....
Old 01-11-2010, 07:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='1088171' date='Jan 11 2010, 11:16 AM
rebuilding year? a few posts back didn't you state "no excuses".

division champs? who cares, like I said before, if you don't win the superbowl it means nothing, no one remembers or cares who won the division.....
It's not an excuse, but it's a fact. I always say that it's better to love and lose than not having ever loved and that also applies to sports. By your logic 31 teams suck and only one is good. I think making the playoff is a big deal and a big accomplishment, even the one and out.

By that logic, you're also saying that one of the best QB who's ever lived (Dan Marino) is also a loser because he's never won a Super Bowl.
Go AFC!!!
Old 01-11-2010, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='1088192' date='Jan 11 2010, 08:59 AM
It's not an excuse, but it's a fact. I always say that it's better to love and lose than not having ever loved and that also applies to sports. By your logic 31 teams suck and only one is good. I think making the playoff is a big deal and a big accomplishment, even the one and out.

By that logic, you're also saying that one of the best QB who's ever lived (Dan Marino) is also a loser because he's never won a Super Bowl.
Go AFC!!!
dan marino isn't a loser (agreed, he's one of the greatest QB's that's ever played the game, and yet he didn't get a ring to fully justify his greatness) , but the dolphin's are definitely loser's (sorry miamiphil)...there's a difference....

it's obvious this can go on and on, sports can be discussed with as much passion and vigor as politics and religion (as it is both to a lot of us)....I'll stop posting now before this goes any further...fact of the matter is your pats are out plain and simple...you are grasping at straws with your playoff and rebuilding comments...whatever gets you thru til next season I guess...

I'm out....
Old 01-11-2010, 08:38 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='1088201' date='Jan 11 2010, 12:29 PM
dan marino isn't a loser, but the dolphin's are (sorry miamiphil)...there's a difference....

it's obvious this can go on and on, sports can be discussed with as much passion and vigor as politics and religion (as it is both to a lot of us)....I'll stop posting now before this goes any further...fact of the matter is your pats are out plain and simple...you are grasping at straws with your playoff and rebuilding comments...whatever gets you thru til next season I guess...

I'm out....
OK, then we'll agree that Tom Brady is a winner and the Pats are losers (this year).
Old 01-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='1088163
Let's keep the "pointers" to those that live in houses without wheels - shall we? Funny how NO ONE mentioned this being a "rebuilding" year until they lost. Amazing how that works. Last time they won was in the 2004 season, so they have been "rebuilding" for the last 5 seasons? Really? Seriously?
The funny thing is the guest house on the property i live on is bigger than your house. I taught you a lot of things about sports, you need to start appreciating those free lessons. Anyways....enough of this, i want to engage in conversation with people who really understand sports.

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='1088171

Go AFC!!!
Its good for an organization to make the playoffs but players like Tom Brady dont settle just for making the playoffs. I think to the players its really more frustrating to make it and get beat like they did.....but at least they had a chance to win the super bowl.

The funny thing is the Steelers had almost their entire super bowl winning team return and didnt even have a chance to win the super bowl. One of you stated the rebuilding teams that included the Raiders, Chiefs, and Browns. Funny how those team beat the defending champs

Anyways....lets talk about the up coming games.

Who does everyone like to move on in the next round?

I got the Chargers over the Jets.
I like the purple over the Boys (even though i really want the boys to win)
Picking Warner and company over the Saints. (saints have been in cruise control for too long imo)
Its hard to pick against the Ravens after the last game but i cant pick against Peyton. Colts in a battle....
Old 01-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='1088446' date='Jan 11 2010, 07:19 PM
Its funny that the entire pats defense is gone and they still were about the same as that Pittsburgh defense. Troy was really the only guy missing from the super bowl team and he seems to be hurt all the time.

The funny thing is the guest house on the property i live on is bigger than your house. I taught you a lot of things about sports, you need to start appreciating those free lessons. Anyways....enough of this, i want to engage in conversation with people who really understand sports.

I agree with you on a few things but in all fairness the pats defense was completely changed and we all know having a good defense is key in winning super bowls/playoff games. Just ask Peyton Manning about having all the offense in the world and coming up short in the playoffs because his defense sucked.

Its good for an organization to make the playoffs but players like Tom Brady dont settle just for making the playoffs. I think to the players its really more frustrating to make it and get beat like they did.....but at least they had a chance to win the super bowl.

The funny thing is the Steelers had almost their entire super bowl winning team return and didnt even have a chance to win the super bowl. One of you stated the rebuilding teams that included the Raiders, Chiefs, and Browns. Funny how those team beat the defending champs

Anyways....lets talk about the up coming games.

Who does everyone like to move on in the next round?

I got the Chargers over the Jets.
I like the purple over the Boys (even though i really want the boys to win)
Picking Warner and company over the Saints. (saints have been in cruise control for too long imo)
Its hard to pick against the Ravens after the last game but i cant pick against Peyton. Colts in a battle....
I may just root for the purple ( I know, not AFC) just because Favre is a gentleman of a certain age and it makes us gentlemen of a certain age look good.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

My pick's:

Raven's over the Colt's. I have a feeling the Colt's will still be out of sync after running the bench for too long the past 2 games IMO. Not sure how Indy will handle that constant blitz and pressure. If the Raven's running game continues to smash up the line like they did in their last game...done deal...

Cardinal's over the Saint's. The Saint's are definitely out of sync/fizzled out, they were my other one and done pick for this playoff season.

Viking's over the Boy's. I think this will be a close game, but the old man should get it done....

Charger's over the Jet's. I don't see anything the Jet's have to match up with SD.

Quick Reply: NFL 2009!!!