Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

My car was hit while parked

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 10:27 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

Hey all, I went to the old neighborhood to see some family/friends and chat with my cousin. I parked away from all of the cars just to keep an eye on her and to keep her out of harms way. Well, while I was talking with my cousin, a mazda pickup started backing up and blam, it my baby. I calmly counted to 10, and then walked over and called the police. The guy was nervous and very apologetic. I don't know how he missed it, but he did. Surprisingly, I didn't get mad at all. I was even joking with the guy and his buddy while we waited for the cops to come. For some reason, I just thought that with this car, something was bound to happen and when it did, I was kind of relieved to get it out of the way. Only paint damage and some indent where his bumper dug into my car's body, but no light damage, no panel alignment problems, definitely no other damage but the visible. his car had a larger dent than mine did...which was surprising.

All in all, not too bad for an accident. I called his insurance this morning, and they have already heard from the guy, they are taking full responsibility and I'll have a check cut tomorrow from the adjuster. Also, I'll have an estimate from the BMW certified repair center before the adjuster sees it, so I'll know if he's off or not. The weather's nice here, so I'll ride the bike until the car is fixed. I have a slot for next week scheduled with the body shop, but for the 4th of July weekend, she's in the garage. I can't have her wounded body exposed during the holiday. When I get her back, I'll splurge for a clear bra (she has bugs all over her), and I don't even want to clean her until she's fixed.

Oh, lastly, I still have the new paper plates on there. In approximately three weeks of ownership, and this happens. Well, if this is it, and I'm good from here on out, I'll accept it. Hope I don't have to go through this again!!! Be careful out there, and even when you are, accidents can still happen so be EXTRA careful!!!

I'll post pictures this evening.

-Aj
Old 06-27-2005, 10:30 AM
Contributors

OMG ... sorry, i would have flipped out and probably been arrested, 3 weeks!!!! atleast you have a good attitude about it, good luck and be careful!!!
Old 06-27-2005, 11:35 AM
Senior Members

Man I am sorry to hear that!!

l admire you for handling the whole situation so well.
I would be flaming mad
Old 06-27-2005, 11:38 AM
Contributors

man, you're one cool dude - even had the awareness to count to 10!
sorry about the incident, and i wish i can handle it as well as you if/when it happens to me. hope the bodywork comes out nicely.

daydok
Old 06-27-2005, 04:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by Aaron' date='Jun 27 2005, 01:27 PM
Hey all, I went to the old neighborhood to see some family/friends and chat with my cousin.? I parked away from all of the cars just to keep an eye on her and to keep her out of harms way.? Well, while I was talking with my cousin, a mazda pickup started backing up and blam, it my baby.? I calmly counted to 10, and then walked over and called the police.? The guy was nervous and very apologetic.? I don't know how he missed it, but he did.? Surprisingly, I didn't get mad at all.? I was even joking with the guy and his buddy while we waited for the cops to come.? For some reason, I just thought that with this car, something was bound to happen and when it did, I was kind of relieved to get it out of the way.? Only paint damage and some indent where his bumper dug into my car's body, but no light damage, no panel alignment problems, definitely no other damage but the visible.? his car had a larger dent than mine did...which was surprising.?

All in all, not too bad for an accident.? I called his insurance this morning, and they have already heard from the guy, they are taking full responsibility and I'll have a check cut tomorrow from the adjuster.? Also, I'll have an estimate from the BMW certified repair center before the adjuster sees it, so I'll know if he's off or not.? The weather's nice here, so I'll ride the bike until the car is fixed.? I have a slot for next week scheduled with the body shop, but for the 4th of July weekend, she's in the garage.? I can't have her wounded body exposed during the holiday.? When I get her back, I'll splurge for a clear bra (she has bugs all over her), and I don't even want to clean her until she's fixed.

Oh, lastly, I still have the new paper plates on there.? In approximately three weeks of ownership, and this happens.? Well, if this is it, and I'm good from here on out, I'll accept it.? Hope I don't have to go through this again!!!? Be careful out there, and even when you are, accidents can still happen so be EXTRA careful!!!

I'll post pictures this evening.

-Aj
[snapback]143477[/snapback]

Man, I feel for you. I find myself either walking to grocery stores (my neighborhood is very convenient) or shopping very late at night. I park in the far garage at work, which is nearly empty so no one ever goes near me. Even with these precautions, I'm sure something is bound to happen at some point as you point out.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:42 PM
Contributors

Every car I've had, I've had some sort of fender bender... When my wife claimed the E60 she put this in it... Some Japanese good luck / evil sprites go away thingy... So far, so good

And sorry to hear about your ride. Good that you were patient, too. The other guy could have loss his control also and you'd both be in jail.
Attached Thumbnails My car was hit while parked-bmw_delivery_date__4_.jpg  
Old 06-27-2005, 04:56 PM
Senior Members

Man you are one cool dude indeed, had mine a week and I sure would of flipped but the 10 count seems to work for most, I think I should try it for all my problems. Hope your car is well and good luck.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

Hahahahaha I would have counted ten punches all aiming at his face for being so reckless....
Old 06-27-2005, 08:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Oh man... sorry to hear... I would have been pissed! :bashwall:
Old 06-27-2005, 10:54 PM
Senior Members

Sorry to hear about your little accident.

The key to all problem solving is to keep calm. I respect you for that since it was your priced possession that got hit.

Quick Reply: My car was hit while parked