Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Looking to buy an assault rifle

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 05:16 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would get a carbine. The M4 Carbine is the military nomenclature and is likely not what you shot. the M4 shots 5.56 rounds and has semi-auto and 3-round burst. The carbine (sold by a few companies) is the non-military version which is legal and has only semi-auto and is availible in different calibers.

Personally if you want something fun to shoot, get a 9MM carbine. you get all the joys of the military grade M4 (minus 3 round burst, although it can be modified to an illegal fully-automatic) with the ease and cheapness of 9MM ammo.

I wouldn't bother modifying the carbine however, as you'll just end up cooking and warping the barrel as it is not made to be a fully automatic weapon.

There is a place in my heart for the M4 Carbine, and it is easy to put a couple of rounds in a bad-guys if you you have to
Old 09-21-2010, 05:29 AM
lim
Senior Members

My Ride: e60

I own an ACR http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Sea...bushmaster+ACR
Also a SCAR http://dynamicarmament.com/items/fn-...223-detail.htm
also a romanian made ak47 http://www.impactguns.com/store/ak47.html

All of them are joys to shoot at the range; I use moly tipped ammo
Old 09-21-2010, 05:41 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by lim
I own an ACR http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Sea...bushmaster+ACR
Also a SCAR http://dynamicarmament.com/items/fn-...223-detail.htm
also a romanian made ak47 http://www.impactguns.com/store/ak47.html

All of them are are joys to shoot at the range; I use moly tipped ammo
+1 on your guns the AK-47 is a must in any collectors collection. M-16 has some serious firing power too.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:36 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by craigm1841
I would get a carbine. The M4 Carbine is the military nomenclature and is likely not what you shot. the M4 shots 5.56 rounds and has semi-auto and 3-round burst. The carbine (sold by a few companies) is the non-military version which is legal and has only semi-auto and is availible in different calibers.

Personally if you want something fun to shoot, get a 9MM carbine. you get all the joys of the military grade M4 (minus 3 round burst, although it can be modified to an illegal fully-automatic) with the ease and cheapness of 9MM ammo.

I wouldn't bother modifying the carbine however, as you'll just end up cooking and warping the barrel as it is not made to be a fully automatic weapon.

There is a place in my heart for the M4 Carbine, and it is easy to put a couple of rounds in a bad-guys if you you have to
Maybe she shot AR-15? That's what we got...
Old 09-21-2010, 07:43 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi
Maybe she shot AR-15? That's what we got...
very well could be an AR-15. I was under the impression the carbine had the shortened muzzle with a retractable butt-stock. The AR-15 has the longer muzzle (like an M-16), some having a retractable butt-stock, some not.

I am far from a weapons expert. So I am not really sure on this one.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:56 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Wondering why our local gun gurus haven't chimed in yet, lol.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:41 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Either way.... a .22 or a 9mm isn't "assault" lmao...Brett, you stated what you want in the title
Old 09-21-2010, 08:43 AM
Contributors

You can pick up this gun used for pretty cheap
http://www.ruger.com/products/markII...rd/models.html

Great Plinker, whenever I go to the range, there is always at least one person shooting that gun.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:01 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl
So my question is do i bother with the 22? Will i get bored because of the lack of power? Any help or suggestions appreciated. I dont know a lot about guns so if any of my info isnt correct please help me out.
Bother with the 22 if you would like to shoot target practice all day long - the ammo is dirt cheap. Personally, I'd opt for a 9mm, you can get a used one pretty cheap, the recoil is not bad, the ammo is not too expensive, and it WILL provide stopping power should you need to use it as such. Can't see buying a rifle for just target practice IMO.

Originally Posted by craigm1841
very well could be an AR-15. I was under the impression the carbine had the shortened muzzle with a retractable butt-stock. The AR-15 has the longer muzzle (like an M-16), some having a retractable butt-stock, some not.

I am far from a weapons expert. So I am not really sure on this one.
The AR-15 is the civilian equivalent of the M-16. The only difference is the M-16 has the full auto selection (M161A1) or 3 round burst selection (M161A2). An AR-15 can be easily modified to shoot full auto.

I've never seen any M-16's with a retractable butt-stock. Maybe they exist in the Spec Ops where they have all sorts of nice shooty toys.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by pukka
Can't see buying a rifle for just target practice IMO.
its a nice prop for a photo shoot

Quick Reply: Looking to buy an assault rifle