Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Live from London: Hard to Get My Car Here So Fast and

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 10:37 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by miss525i' post='217979' date='Jan 1 2006, 01:29 PM
Great pictures Vnod! hope you are having a nice trip. Happy New Year!
You definitely had me fooled at first... I was getting ready to PM you to get me in touch with some of your friends
Hi miss:

HNY to you too. I didn't think I would fool anyone after mentioning my friend, the Queen. I am glad you enjoyed the pics.
Old 01-01-2006, 06:39 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by SKK' post='217803' date='Dec 31 2005, 08:13 PM
Znod - if you flew your car to London you are quite insane fella !!!. Well done and happy new year to you.

I am a bit pissed and I think I have lost my car in a bet. My sister dropped me and the wife back to our house and has taken the car to her flat. Is it true that Elton John never sings candle in the wind anymore ??? This is going to cost me big time I think.....

He still sings 'Candle in the Wind' just not the version he wrote for Diana, Pricess of Wales' funeral. He wrote and sang it that day and vowed never to sing it again.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Green-Crayon' post='218133
Znod - if you flew your car to London you are quite insane fella !!!. Well done and happy new year to you.

I am a bit pissed and I think I have lost my car in a bet. My sister dropped me and the wife back to our house and has taken the car to her flat. Is it true that Elton John never sings candle in the wind anymore ??? This is going to cost me big time I think.....

He still sings 'Candle in the Wind' just not the version he wrote for Diana, Pricess of Wales' funeral. He wrote and sang it that day and vowed never to sing it again.
[/quote]Now, I recall. He still sings the Marilyn Monroe version apparently.

HI ALL: We are sitting at the Eurostar terminal waiting on the 200 mph train to Brussels. Happy posting.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:48 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Znod' post='218195
Originally Posted by SKK' post='217803' date='Dec 31 2005, 08:13 PM

Now, I recall. He still sings the Marilyn Monroe version apparently.

HI ALL: We are sitting at the Eurostar terminal waiting on the 200 mph train to Brussels. Happy posting.
[/quote]
Hi All:

The trip on the Eurostar was great. We have not been to Belgium before. Brussels is very, very nice. We are at the Hotel Metropole; it is an incredible 110 year-old hotel. And, the Grand Place is one of the coolest places we have ever been. Check both it and the hotel out on the internet if interested. I'll post some sort of pertinent auto pics eventually. After all, I have to justify my use of cyberspace.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:58 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Znod' post='217793' date='Dec 31 2005, 08:01 PM
You are going to have to ask my friend, the Queen. It is 1:00 a.m. now. My wife and I had a great NYE--went to one of our favorite London resturants (having threaded our way through the open tube stations during the tube strike); brought pastries back to the hotel and feasted later; and watched the great fireworks display on TV. That's all I have to say about our evening. My wife got sleepy so I now am downstairs in the lounge watching all the very strange goings on. "Just watching the wheels go round." HNY. Take care this evening.

We have done it. And, I hope you have/are having/had a great one too.
HNY IMU. But, I really am me. Take care.
The Queen's mechanics wanted to move it to the other side, but I would not let them. I don't want to move it back after its return flight home. HNY to you!
Thanks much. HNY ho..rob. We are having a great time. We love London--come here this time of year often.
I think you can ship a car anywhere. The Queen arranged my air shipment and paid for it. So, I don't know how much it cost. HNY Jeffs.